George Floyd's autopsy report.. no physical evidence suggesting that Mr. Floyd died of asphyxiation

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
What did he do that deserved a death sentence?
Running back and forth across a busy highway doesn't deserve a death sentence, but it may very well result in one. And it's possible that the driver who causes it will be investigated to make sure they weren't texting or drunk, etc. If they were they will be charged with manslaughter or even murder. That doesn't change the fact that the other person would most definitely still be alive if they weren't playing in traffic. That does not excuse the drunk driver, it's just a statement of fact.

Actions have consequences.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Wow. Let's erect a statue to the greatness of a drug soaked armed robber, ex-con who resists arrest and dies in the process while having a lethal amount of drugs in his system. Did he die at the hands of the police? A judge or jury will decide. Did he set his own life on a path to find himself in a situation that could end badly? Absolutely. Cause and effect. We're all bound to the results of our own poor decisions.
Due process and civil rights cannot be applied discriminately. This is why we say justice is blind. That is a good thing. Our justice system is supposed to enforce the law equally. So, the actions of an arresting officer should take into context the moment at hand (actions of the suspect, endangerment of life, rights of the suspect, proper procedures), but we can’t look back later and say a person did not deserve those inalienable rights. Due process is there for a reason.

bleedinorange

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
That didn't answer my question, so I'll ask it again: what did he do that deserved a death sentence?
Silly question considering no death sentence was given. He was complaining about breathing issues in the back seat of the police car. You tell me, whose fault was that? No doubt his altercation with the police exacerbated his condition, but the condition was self induced long before the police were involved. "Deserve" has nothing to do with it.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
I suppose I’m just as surprised that police naysayers don’t take up the profession and show us all how to deal with people resisting arrest.
LeBron would look great until he had to actually do something. And I wonder how he would handle that 99.92% pay cut?

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
So it's weird George Floyd basically simultaneously combusted?

Wow, I feel like such a dunce thinking that a 200+ pound man putting the force of his body on his throat while handcuffed and having two additional men restraining him on his torso and lower body had something to do with it.

That is such an amazing coincidence. I'm confident you guys are thankful you were able to see video of such a freak occurance.

I wish I was still in college and could learn from some of the physics geniuses.

Nov 18, 2011
So it's weird George Floyd basically simultaneously combusted?

Wow, I feel like such a dunce thinking that a 200+ pound man putting the force of his body on his throat while handcuffed and having two additional men restraining him on his torso and lower body had something to do with it.

That is such an amazing coincidence. I'm confident you guys are thankful you were able to see video of such a freak occurance.

I wish I was still in college and could learn from some of the physics geniuses.
Drugs are a crazy thing, but glad you learned something.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Silly question considering no death sentence was given. He was complaining about breathing issues in the back seat of the police car. You tell me, whose fault was that? No doubt his altercation with the police exacerbated his condition, but the condition was self induced long before the police were involved. "Deserve" has nothing to do with it.
If the police exacerbated his condition then they were contributory in his death. So, again I ask, what did he do to deserve a death sentence. It isn't a silly question just because you don't want to answer it.

Sep 22, 2011
If the police exacerbated his condition then they were contributory in his death. So, again I ask, what did he do to deserve a death sentence. It isn't a silly question just because you don't want to answer it.
This is the part where the prosecution will fall apart, they have to prove that chauvin meant to kill floyd, that this wasn't a tragic accident. That chauvin didn’t freeze up and leave his knee in the wrong spot for too long. When you say someone gave him a death sentence, you imply that they intended to kill him, which i think is very difficult to prove.