George Floyd's autopsy report.. no physical evidence suggesting that Mr. Floyd died of asphyxiation

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
IMO chauvin killed floyd, i dont think that is in legitimate dispute, i just dont see second degree murder. If he walks it is because the DA caved to public pressure and reached to far on the charges.
I see no way they could make murder charges stick on this. Negligent homicide or manslaughter maybe. There is just no way to prove that the officer went into that situation wanting to kill someone

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
There have been case reports of heroin causing pulmonary edema. I could find none associated with fentanyl. The usual respiratory effects of opioids is central respiratory depression, that is, they decrease the signals from the brain that drive the urge to breathe, so you simply stop breathing. Fentanyl and sufentanil are particularly potent respiratory depressants.
What about if mixed with meth?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I don't see them doing a plea deal, and it would be hard for any jury to come in short of the maximum.

Facts schmacts.

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
I'm sure having a knee pinned to his neck for 9 minutes had nothing to do with his death...maybe we should do a study and see how others react to this treatment...

Bay Area Poke

Banned
Banned
May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
I'm sure having a knee pinned to his neck for 9 minutes had nothing to do with his death...maybe we should do a study and see how others react to this treatment...
Maybe someone will correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think the autopsy showed any trauma to the neck. In fact I don’t think of the injuries listed that the neck is even among them. So yeah, I’ll sign up for that study if my neck isn’t affected in any way as long as I’m compensated well. Sounds like an easy 9 minutes’ pay to me. I won’t however sign up to be on the cocktail of drugs GF was on nor do I want any of his preexisting conditions. The neck thing sounds like a walk in the park compared to the rest.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
What about if mixed with meth?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Methamphetamine, and cathecholamines in general, are general CNS stimulants, but not necessarily respiratory stimulants. So, they wouldn't offset the respiratory depressant effect. Meth, however, raises the risk of cardiac arrhythmias and cardiac arrest. Thus, with the two, you have a risk of cardiopulmonary arrest.

Interestingly, the heart can continue beating if you stop breathing, but you cannot continue breathing if the heart stops.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Maybe someone will correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think the autopsy showed any trauma to the neck. In fact I don’t think of the injuries listed that the neck is even among them. So yeah, I’ll sign up for that study if my neck isn’t affected in any way as long as I’m compensated well. Sounds like an easy 9 minutes’ pay to me. I won’t however sign up to be on the cocktail of drugs GF was on nor do I want any of his preexisting conditions. The neck thing sounds like a walk in the park compared to the rest.
Hahaha! You are so full of it.

Tough guy. Hahaha!

Last edited:

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
That's why they do autopsies....so emotion is taken out of the equation. If it is determined that this action contributed to the death it should be presented as evidence. If it is determined that it didn't, then it shouldn't be presented as evidence. Your opinion should not determine that.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
That's why they do autopsies....so emotion is taken out of the equation. If it is determined that this action contributed to the death it should be presented as evidence. If it is determined that it didn't, then it shouldn't be presented as evidence. Your opinion should not determine that.
But this is the era of socail media! All that matters is my opinion!!!! Facts don't matter, only my fewlings, and my precious opinions!

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Last edited:

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
But this is the era of socail media! All that matters is my opinion!!!! Facts don't matter, only my fewlings, and my precious opinions!
Did you guys even read Rx’s post and the autopsy report? You’re acting like those disagreeing with you have no evidence or facts to support them.

bleedinorange

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
Wow. Let's erect a statue to the greatness of a drug soaked armed robber, ex-con who resists arrest and dies in the process while having a lethal amount of drugs in his system. Did he die at the hands of the police? A judge or jury will decide. Did he set his own life on a path to find himself in a situation that could end badly? Absolutely. Cause and effect. We're all bound to the results of our own poor decisions.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Wow. Let's erect a statue to the greatness of a drug soaked armed robber, ex-con who resists arrest and dies in the process while having a lethal amount of drugs in his system. Did he die at the hands of the police? A judge or jury will decide. Did he set his own life on a path to find himself in a situation that could end badly? Absolutely. Cause and effect. We're all bound to the results of our own poor decisions.
Wait... I thought it was Trump's fault???

oldguy

Wrangler
Sep 12, 2008
it almost seems like your saying that if certain people did not resist arrest they would still be alive... how bizarre

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
What did he do that deserved a death sentence?