George Floyd

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
And that is a problem. It is very sad that he feels that way. Boynton is an educated man and I completely understand why he feels that way. The media hypes these tragic events and makes untrue statements that make it seem like this happens a lot. Media and social media has created a great divide by pushing factually incorrect data that scares people.

The fact of the matter is that a police officer killing a citizen is very, very, very rare. And when that happens, the majority of the time the citizen is white. US citizens are 30x more likely to be killed by another citizen than by police. And in some areas that number increases to over 350x.

About 1.1 African-Americans per 100k are killed by police each year. George Floyd’s death is rightly condemned as murder, but I think most agree that most of the 1.1/1k is police fighting criminals.
But the highest levels of inequality in mortality risk are experienced by Black men. Black men are about 2.5 times more likely to be killed by police over the life course than are white men. Black women are about 1.4 times more likely to be killed by police than are white women. Therefore, I don't blame Boynton one bit for being concerned about his son's safety. So, cableok do you really completely understand why he feels that way? Did you fail to notice where he wrote, "I've had my own frightening experience with law enforcement..."
Now look up how much more likely they are to be killed by another black person. Especially in the inner cities.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
No study necessary, one was a peaceful protest, the other is about violent looters that are not protesting, but taking advantage of a situation.

https://twitter.com/joyannreid/status/1266742842489176069?s=21
I still stand by my statement. You can't compare the two. And that first day in Minneapolis where they were looting the target? Those were not arrested and were obviously local people taking advantage.

Nobody is trying to compare the peaceful protests to each other. They'd rather compare the peaceful lockdown protests (which were more than just white people), to the looting and burning people. That makes no sense.

A few things:
Downtown Indianapolis: monument circle is burning. A teacher's administration building of some sort was burned. This is being done by local BLM and Antifa groups. How does that help anything?
FedEx and UPS trucks are being broken into.
In Minneapolis, they burned down a post office. No insurance can replace birthday cards/presents, letters from relatives, etc.. Also, I guarantee there were government cards in their with stimulus payments on them for some people. That isn't helping any cause.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Give them what they want. There is 75% of the country that will support the national guard and police if its defensive in nature. Its time to put the communists back in their place and that is in the gutter and with the rest of the scum of this country.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
It's more like the Moochers vs. the Producers. The Moochers are tired of being left out.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2006
Watching AM Joy right now live. She is now blaming the riots on right-wing, white nationalists, and the police.
MSNBC is trying to out fake news CNN.

The problem with her disinformation is it creates even more division. Some of her viewers will believe this.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I do not understand why crap cops are allowed and then we follow it up with limp wristed defense of the community after the crap cop causes a problem. That bunch of people running around OKC last night needed a good ass beating

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
https://twitter.com/Wolffe104/status/1266798462311563264?s=20

I don’t get that line of thinking at all. Is this person trying to justify actions of arson, murder, looting, stealing, and destruction of property today with something that occurred 99 years ago?

That maybe one of the dumbest justifications I have seen. I doubt any of us know one person that supports what happened 99 years ago. I also doubt any of us know one person that was alive in Tulsa 99 years ago (I know none of us know anyone with a memory of living through it).

Basically I read that tweet and think the person is saying “yea, destruction today is bad, but what about 99 years ago, that was real bad”. Beyond stupid.
Honestly I think for it to be a valid comparison these black people would have to be marching on rodeo drive, Hollywood, Wall Street places where rich white people live and work, especially the parents of the SJW allies that they have who are trying to march with them and fight with them under the guise of Antifa. I mean how many of those white people would disappear the moment their parent's houses are threatened.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Letting cops of the hook is also a norm; Police have a difficult job and the public cedes them authority; That authority comes with a responsibility that needs to be held in check.
One doesn't "hold authority responsible" by burning down innocents neighborhoods, looting stores, and overall just causing mayhem, destruction and death...In fact, that makes authority worse and even more heavy handed...It's as if the guys with the AK's at the Michigan house the other week all of a sudden started using them on the building riddling it with holes and then burned it down...NO ONE would stand for that nor argue that it was necessary...well, maybe some social anarchist would. That's our problem...extremism instead of reason. Reason says arrest the guy and charge him with murder...Btw, this has happened...Reason says nearly complete mutual abhorrence with the incident...this also has happened...What is unreasonable is for protest to escalate into trashing neighborhoods, looting, and violence. it's important for all of us to remember that some of the people causing looting and violence are taking an opportunity to act out for all sorts of reasons...not the least of these is mental health and just pure evil. The acting out is NOT reasonable nor responsible.

Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Wait? You mean Floyd didn't actually die of asphyxiation?

The preliminary autopsy results of George Floyd found no evidence that he died of asphyxiation or strangulation, according to the criminal complaint filed against former Minneapolis police office Derek Chauvin
“The officers made several attempts to get Mr. Floyd in the backseat of squad 320 from the driver’s side,” the complaint said. “Mr. Floyd did not voluntarily get in the car and struggled with the officers by intentionally falling down, saying he was not going in the car, and refusing to stand still.”

“While standing outside the car, Mr. Floyd began saying and repeating that he could not breathe,” the complaint added, saying that Chauvin “went to the passenger side and tried to get Mr. Floyd into the car from that side” with help from other officers.

The complaint noted: “The Hennepin County Medical Examiner (ME) conducted Mr. Floyd’s autopsy on May 26 , 2020. The full report of the ME is pending but the ME has made the following preliminary findings.
“The autopsy revealed no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation.”

The complaint then cited other possible reasons Floyd died.

“Mr. Floyd had underlying health conditions including coronary artery disease and hypertensive heart disease. The combined effects of Mr. Floyd being restrained by the police, his underlying health conditions and any potential intoxicants in his system likely contributed to his death,” it said.
https://www.westernjournal.com/geor...breaking&utm_campaign=can&utm_content=firefly

Criminal Complaint:
https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthe...d9e96e708a9b0c8ba58/optimized/full.pdf#page=1

Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
George Floyd family enlists Dr. Michael Baden to perform second autopsy

Police had arrested Floyd and were trying to put him in a squad car when he stiffened up and fell to the ground, saying he was claustrophobic, according to the complaint.

An official autopsy revealed nothing to support strangulation as the cause of death, concluding that the combined effects of being restrained, potential intoxicants in Floyd’s system and his underlying health issues, including heart disease, likely contributed to his death.

Attorney Benjamin Crump, who is representing Floyd's family, said Friday that talk of a heart condition or asthma was irrelevant because Floyd was walking and breathing before his contact with police.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/george-floyd-family-enlists-dr-michael-baden-to-perform-second-autopsy

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
A handful of LOCAL schools talking about it without textual context is not revealing the coverup. The cover up happened way back when. It took people who had long memories into their childhoods to ever get it attention. It wasn't in textbooks, as I recall, prior to 2000s in Oklahoma History Books. I doubt it was in many US History books either. Oklahoma doesn't really come up much in US History curriculum except with Trail of Tears, Land Runs, or the Murrah Building Bombing.

I went to High School in the 90s in Edmond, Chandler, and Stillwater. It may have been mentioned by a teacher in Chandler, but on his own via an article. I don't recall specifically.

I'm actually glad to know that they were teaching in Tulsa, but nobody else was hearing about it. It definitely should have taken less than 80yrs for it to be acknowledged by the Oklahoma State Government.

By stripping the archives of any trace of evidence, it made it incredibly difficult from a Historical Record standpoint. It's by the memories of those that survived it that it wasn't forgotten altogether.
Coincidentally, last night a girl I went to highschool with in Perkins posted an article on facebook about the Tulsa Riots. Another girl that we went to highschool with who is a teacher now, chimed in on her post. I asked them both if they remember us ever being taught about it back then. Both said it was never mentioned in our class and they both also didn't learn about it until later in life.

One of the girls said all she remembers about the class was that we had to memorize all the counties and at some point she had to bake a blackberry pie for a class project. Sounds about right because one of the highschool football coaches was our teacher. That guy was always rumored to be messing with highschool girls in Perkins and later moved to like Jones or somewhere here around OKC and actually got busted messing with a highschool girl. Even had a story about it on the news and he had to do some time. Nobody was shocked.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Wait? You mean Floyd didn't actually die of asphyxiation?

“Mr. Floyd had underlying health conditions including coronary artery disease and hypertensive heart disease. The combined effects of Mr. Floyd being restrained by the police, his underlying health conditions and any potential intoxicants in his system likely contributed to his death,” it said.
Yeah, people keep trying to present this as case closed, but ignore this important part of the report.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
So I guess everyone kinda forgot we're in the middle of a global pandemic.
Yeah, that's yesterday's news. I'm just wondering what the rest of 2020 has in store. I'm sure she has a couple more things up her sleeve.
Here, I've fixed it for you:
I'm sure Soros has a couple more things up his sleeve.
Lol

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
That's a great story. I have to believe that the overwhelming majority of people protesting are doing so responsibly. It's unfortunate that the rioters will overshadow the individuals that are exercising their constitutional right to peaceful protest.
The bad apples are the BLM and Antifa "violence first" type people.