George Floyd

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Where’s the evidence? You are purely speculating. Since he died apparently from a combination of drugs he took plus preexisting conditions it’s entirely possible it was set in motion before he was even restrained. This is why you do a full investigation of these things before jumping to conclusions. Remember, the initial speculation was he died because he couldn’t breathe. We now apparently know that’s not true. Why not sit back and wait to find out what really happened? Look at what jumping to speculative worst case scenarios has already gotten us.
Evidence? I'd say a video of a man saying "I can't breath, I can't breath while another man kneels on his neck would be considered pretty good evidence in most cases.

We don't have this chaos because the legal system was too quick to condemn the cops. We have this situation because there is the perception of just the opposite, whether it's true or not doesn't matter.

If this cop was just unlucky enough that kneeling on a man's neck who was crying out for breath in front of cameras for 8 minutes and this was not the primary cause of death, that's too bad for him. Call it mob justice if you want, but what this cop did was so reckless and against his training that it sucks to be him if George Floyd died of old age at that moment.

In academic terms yes cause of death could be, in part, some other circumstances, but the knee to the neck for 8 minutes didn't help.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
just shaking my head. We just came out of full blown lock down from a virus that has killed 100K+ US citizens to date. We have been shaming people for not social distancing, and now we have protests with absolutely NO social distancing. I sincerely hope that summer heat limits transmission of the virus. White, Black, or brown, covid don't care. My concern is the entire shutdown to stop the virus may have just been undone.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
just shaking my head. We just came out of full blown lock down from a virus that has killed 100K+ US citizens to date. We have been shaming people for not social distancing, and now we have protests with absolutely NO social distancing. I sincerely hope that summer heat limits transmission of the virus. White, Black, or brown, covid don't care. My concern is the entire shutdown to stop the virus may have just been undone.
Lol I'm sure that was part of the game plan. The goal is to keep the American economy under siege for the election through any means necessary.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mar 11, 2006
Interesting that the largest groups of protests/riots are from the same states that had Governor leadership that was strongest pro-mandated lockdown (Minnesota, Illinois, New York, Michigan, Kentucky, California). Suddenly those Governors seem not to care at all about social distancing.

Apparently, 75 people in a church for 90 minutes is very bad, but 6 hours with 500 people is just fine.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
It's amazing but not surprising that all the people tweeting and posting facebook messages about states opening back up were going to kill us all, these red state's governor's will have blood on their hands..blah, blah, blah...are now the same people tweeting full support for riots and mass chaos. Shows how many people are actually FOS and are only in it for the political argument.

Mar 11, 2006
Why are some people in the media and on the left more concerned about the protests about stopping the lockdown (that had no riots) than the riots and looting going on right now? Hillary Clinton called the militia in Michigan ”domestic terrorists” but has said nothing about labeling the rioters as terrorists.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Interesting that the largest groups of protests/riots are from the same states that had Governor leadership that was strongest pro-mandated lockdown (Minnesota, Illinois, New York, Michigan, Kentucky, California). Suddenly those Governors seem not to care at all about social distancing.

Apparently, 75 people in a church for 90 minutes is very bad, but 6 hours with 500 people is just fine.
Ah, you posted this as I was typing my post. So that's why mine just sounds like an echo of yours.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla

Wonder if maybe those protests/riots were worse because people just wanted out for any reason in those areas and this gave them something.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Evidence? I'd say a video of a man saying "I can't breath, I can't breath while another man kneels on his neck would be considered pretty good evidence in most cases.

We don't have this chaos because the legal system was too quick to condemn the cops. We have this situation because there is the perception of just the opposite, whether it's true or not doesn't matter.

If this cop was just unlucky enough that kneeling on a man's neck who was crying out for breath in front of cameras for 8 minutes and this was not the primary cause of death, that's too bad for him. Call it mob justice if you want, but what this cop did was so reckless and against his training that it sucks to be him if George Floyd died of old age at that moment.

In academic terms yes cause of death could be, in part, some other circumstances, but the knee to the neck for 8 minutes didn't help.
Yes, where’s the evidence? The best you can come up with is “maybe it didn’t help”? So again, tell me why we shouldn’t just wait for all of the facts to come out? Death “in part” was do to other circumstances? It said preexisting conditions and drugs didn’t it? Not asphyxiation? Isn’t that alone enough to tell us we should all take a step back? Anyone who commits a crime and that crime results in someone’s death should be prosecuted and punished—including cops. Let’s set the faux outrage aside and allow the process to play out.

Mar 11, 2006
Oh how the turn tables

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Hypocrisy is incredible.

This sounds funny, but I am serious about this. These protests truly may help college football. If there is not a significant uptick in cases in Minn, CA, and NYC, this will indicate that we could be past time of COVID spreading.

Mar 11, 2006
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/former...illed-in-indianapolis-violence-135059190.html
So this guy was shot and killed last night during the protest violence in Indianapolis. He is not the first to die in the last 5 days of protesting. It is true that the odds of getting shot and killed by a protester during these protests are greater than the odds of being killed by police.

Should we organize a protest against these protests? These protests are killing people.