George Floyd

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 11, 2006
I believe in the 2nd Amendment and the right to defend your property. No question about it. That guy was also seen and heard yelling racist epitaphs. How do you expect to defend a business against that size and kind of mob? If he was yelling at them did he expect them to pass him by?

I'm not saying he deserved it, but I am saying that I don't think I'd martyr myself for a building and a business. I'm honestly stunned that this hasn't happened more. I saw another story of a Pawn Shop owner shooting a looter. I honestly expected worse and more.

In court, he may have a case. He is within his rights to defend his business. Deadly force, though, does demand that you have a death threat against you. It isn't easy.

Everything is used to fuel this rage. That is what I mean more than anything about it be unhelpful.
I also read on Twitter that he was yelling racial epitaphs as well. And in the video you do hear the “n-word”, but it was obvious by the context it was not him saying that, but some of the protesters yelling at him.

The video is strong evidence the former Marine was protecting himself. With store owners in Dallas and Oakland (male in Dallas and an older lady in Oakland) both beaten to a pulp protecting their store - very hard not to understand Gardner was protecting himself.
It wasnt like Gardner shot into a crowd or ran up to someone. The victim snuck up behind him and jumped on his back to tackle him. And it was caught on video.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
That cop murdered George Floyd while he was handcuffed. And the other three watched and helped him do it.
Third degree murder is not appropriate. It should be first degree murder.
I think you should look up what it means for it to be first degree murder. That means it was premeditated and I have seen no proof that the cop planned ahead to kill him (ie before the incident even started). It would help if people stopped spouting off stuff without understanding it.

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
I am not going to pretend many of those links show police abusing power. There is no doubt that police abuse should be a reason for protest and it needs to be fixed.

However, look at some of the videos - what are these citizens doing? And why are they doing what they are doing? A couple of the videos they protesters (rioters) are taunting the police. WTF do they expect to happen?
Taunting is not a crime. If someone cannot handle insults and/or deescalate a situation, why on earth should they be trusted with the use of force?

This is part of why our system has devolved so much, why do we expect professionalism from all other professions, but not the police?

Mar 11, 2006
Taunting is not a crime. If someone cannot handle insults and/or deescalate a situation, why on earth should they be trusted with the use of force?

This is part of why our system has devolved so much, why do we expect professionalism from all other professions, but not the police?
I agree with you. Taunting is definitely not a crime. I would hope most law enforcement would not fall for he bait. However, yelling FU to a cop, spitting in his direction, failing to move out of a street and comply with directions, ...in a situation were thousands of people are throwing rocks at police officers, looting businesses, stealing from people, sitting buildings on fire, destroying police cars, and trashing public spaces ... you don’t deserve much or any sympathy if you get hit with tear gas or a rubber bullet.

I challenge you to tell me why your video titled “7 protesters fired on with rubber bulltets” is wrong. The protesters were starting to destroy a police truck. Should they have let that happen??? C’mon, don’t side with rioters.

Last edited:

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
I agree with you. Taunting is definitely not a crime. I would hope most law enforcement would not fall for he bait. However, yelling FU to a cop, spitting in his direction, failing to move out of a street and comply with directions, ...in a situation were thousands of people are throwing rocks at police officers, looting businesses, stealing from people, sitting buildings on fire, destroying police cars, and trashing public spaces ... you don’t deserve much or any sympathy if you get hit with tear gas or a rubber bullet.
In none of the videos was there someone spitting, which would be a crime and may justify an action. Again, in the majority of videos, it is an out of the blue escalation by the police. That is what makes it concerning.

Mar 11, 2006
In none of the videos was there someone spitting, which would be a crime and may justify an action. Again, in the majority of videos, it is an out of the blue escalation by the police. That is what makes it concerning.
So what about your “7 people fired with rubber bullets”? Are you seriously advocating for police to stand idly by and just watch a $100k+ vehicle get destroyed by rioters?

You do realize that 7 people were actually shot in Louisville on May 29th during the riots. And shot by other rioters.

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
Here's an example. A lot of protests have been peaceful up until this point. Police are ordered to clear the streets to enforce a curfew. Those who refuse to comply put themselves in harms way and make doing the job very difficult.

When they say clear out, they aren't kidding.

https://twitter.com/TPRx11/status/1267270754011418626?s=20