General Recruiting Discussion

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CasperPoke11

The Car'a'carn
Staff
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 5, 2012
Stillwater,OK
I thought we could use this thread for any miscellaneous recruiting subjects, questions about recruiting, or anything that doesn't envolve a recruit that has a thread already.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2014
Yeah, seeing a lot of safeties, but I remember someone saying Offray may earn his way back. I thought he was looking good before Whataburger incident. We'll see. Getting Lampkin back next year will be huge as well.
and lampkin might get this year back. He supposed to be applying for a medical red shirt.

Oct 16, 2014
Lampkin is taking a medical redshirt.
glad he got it. He must have broken or dislocated his ankle? was there any leaks back when it happened that I missed?I remember he was still on the sideline after it happened so I thought it was not as bad as it looked but I was upset to see him never returned..

CasperPoke11

The Car'a'carn
Staff
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 5, 2012
Stillwater,OK
glad he got it. He must have broken or dislocated his ankle? was there any leaks back when it happened that I missed?I remember he was still on the sideline after it happened so I thought it was not as bad as it looked but I was upset to see him never returned..
Never came out as to what exactly happened.

Philranger

Territorial Marshal
Oct 6, 2010
Owasso
Could have been a high ankle sprain like Kendall Hunter had in 2009. Those tend to linger overly long.

Dec 5, 2012
Sometimes they say it's better to break an ankle then have a high ankle sprain regarding healing time. The break will heal quicker than the sprain. One day the sprain feels better, next day you have another setback.

Oct 16, 2014
Sometimes they say it's better to break an ankle then have a high ankle sprain regarding healing time. The break will heal quicker than the sprain. One day the sprain feels better, next day you have another setback.
Right, probably kept have setbacks then they just shut him down so he could keep his chance at a redshirt..

It seemed to have worked out because Ramon most likely give us a really nice 3rd DB option. Kind of like Patmon the year he was here. Ramon has improved a lot so I guess thats a silver lining in Lamps injury..

Jan 1, 2011
Houston
Right, probably kept have setbacks then they just shut him down so he could keep his chance at a redshirt..

It seemed to have worked out because Ramon most likely give us a really nice 3rd DB option. Kind of like Patmon the year he was here. Ramon has improved a lot so I guess thats a silver lining in Lamps injury..
Ramon did improve this year, and had 3 interceptions (I believe). He was literally thrown to the wolves playing as a freshman and playing a new position. My only concern is his tackling. I still have imagines in my mind of him almost getting out of the way when Perrine came his way.

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
Ramon did improve this year, and had 3 interceptions (I believe). He was literally thrown to the wolves playing as a freshman and playing a new position. My only concern is his tackling. I still have imagines in my mind of him almost getting out of the way when Perrine came his way.
But do you also have images of him stonewalling Perine on the 3rd and 1 where he fumbled and was injured?

Dec 7, 2012
San Antonio. TX
But do you also have images of him stonewalling Perine on the 3rd and 1 where he fumbled and was injured?
For one, I'll have to give some credit to perine... It's probably not easy to tackle someone who's 5'11 and weights 245 pounds... but Ramon did make a huge play.. His tackling was inconsistent but he improved a ton over the year. Cornerback won't be an issue next year.. we will be 4 deep easy between peterson, lamkin, richards, and curry.

Our defense as a whole should be pretty salty next year, especially with the juco DT transfer to help out. Vincent Taylor and Ben Hughes should be in line to take over those starting DT positions.. I'm excited to see how they stack up. Both are monster guys and 4 star recruits out of high school!

Apr 16, 2008
For one, I'll have to give some credit to perine... It's probably not easy to tackle someone who's 5'11 and weights 245 pounds... but Ramon did make a huge play.. His tackling was inconsistent but he improved a ton over the year. Cornerback won't be an issue next year.. we will be 4 deep easy between peterson, lamkin, richards, and curry.

Our defense as a whole should be pretty salty next year, especially with the juco DT transfer to help out. Vincent Taylor and Ben Hughes should be in line to take over those starting DT positions.. I'm excited to see how they stack up. Both are monster guys and 4 star recruits out of high school!
Still think we take one more DT, JUCO would be better for next year and a HS guy better for long term. Have to replace Furman which will be no easy task but we have some good young LBs ready to play. Feel good about DE with Ogbah and Bean and the backups.