Garrett Accuses Rudolph of Racial Slur

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
so here's the thing...I don't think MR is that stupid nor that crazy to use that word...that being said even if he was that stupid one still doesn't rip off his helment and brain bash a guy for being a moron racist in a heated moment. Bottom line, I don't think it happened. I hope not anyway.

Dec 11, 2011
Garret’s statement sounds to me like a...”I didn’t think anyone would hear my claims outside the appeal hearing, but now that they have, I can’t admit I made it up, so...:whistle:

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Even Kornheiser and Wilbon were skeptical of the claim on PTI.
Well just follow the timeline & ask yourself if the claim makes any sense.

Postgame: Total contrition from Garrett, said it was selfish, he cost his team, etc... I actually gave it up to the guy for owning his actions & possible consequences.

Days following game: Garrett writes a handwritten apology to Rudolph, Rudolph says not going to pursue any legal action.

Week following game, amid his NFL appeal: a racial slur was what set Garrett off. Teammates are asked about it & say it's the first they've heard of it.

So, again, just common sense here. Does anyone honestly believe that not a single teammate was told about it by Garrett if it happened?

It won't happen, but a libel & slander suit doesn't seem crazy. He's stained Rudolph forever with this. Rudolph's likely gonna have a decent career as a backup, imo, not a starter. That being said, teams will think about it before they bring him on board because they know there may be a faction on their team that believe Garrett. So is a backup QB worth bringing to your team at that point? In most cases, the answer's gonna be no.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
Well just follow the timeline & ask yourself if the claim makes any sense.

Postgame: Total contrition from Garrett, said it was selfish, he cost his team, etc... I actually gave it up to the guy for owning his actions & possible consequences.

Days following game: Garrett writes a handwritten apology to Rudolph, Rudolph says not going to pursue any legal action.

Week following game, amid his NFL appeal: a racial slur was what set Garrett off. Teammates are asked about it & say it's the first they've heard of it.

So, again, just common sense here. Does anyone honestly believe that not a single teammate was told about it by Garrett if it happened?

It won't happen, but a libel & slander suit doesn't seem crazy. He's stained Rudolph forever with this. Rudolph's likely gonna have a decent career as a backup, imo, not a starter. That being said, teams will think about it before they bring him on board because they know there may be a faction on their team that believe Garrett. So is a backup QB worth bringing to your team at that point? In most cases, the answer's gonna be no.
seriously, Rudolph should turn the dial to 11 and pursue legal action against this douche. (for assault)

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
seriously, Rudolph should turn the dial to 11 and pursue legal action against this douche. (for assault)

He won't, because he's got too much class. He'll let the NFL handle it.

It's criminal whats happened to him. Being called a racist and being accused of using a slur in public is a mark that almost never goes away. It is going to follow him for the rest of his career, and that isn't fair.

If they can find some tape somewhere that disproves the accusation, Garret should be banned for life from the league. He can go play in Canada.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
In fairness, he's also the guy that broke Mayfield saying this was the first he had heard of the accusation.

And as I've said, the problem with this is that you can't disprove a negative. It's merely a he-said/he-said deal now.
I think you can. There were cameras covering every angle and even more microphones. And they were all focused on that disaster. If they can hear all the lip wagging at the bottom of a dog pile, they can certainly pickup what Mason was and wasn’t saying.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I think you can. There were cameras covering every angle and even more microphones. And they were all focused on that disaster. If they can hear all the lip wagging at the bottom of a dog pile, they can certainly pickup what Mason was and wasn’t saying.
Other thing I'd add is the timing of this, along with the absolutely idiotic decision by the NFL to hold that open workout for Kaepernick last weekend, just brought race relations right to the forefront of NFL news, again.

The camp that sided with Kaep is just gonna say "yeah, sure the NFL couldn't find anything with Rudolph, etc..."

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
So no one believes this or Mason would be done in the league..... The Rooney's wouldn't keep him. His teammates would turn on him. Every team in the league would be gunning for him.

None of that is happening.

But that collective also won't come out and say Garrett you are a liar and race baiting to avoid trouble.

So this will make the rounds and then just go away.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
So no one believes this or Mason would be done in the league..... The Rooney's wouldn't keep him. His teammates would turn on him. Every team in the league would be gunning for him.

None of that is happening.

But that collective also won't come out and say Garrett you are a liar and race baiting to avoid trouble.

So this will make the rounds and then just go away.
They really need to find a tape that disproves it in order to end false accusers on this sort of thing. Currently race is the trump card and believed by many in society without any shred of evidence.

Last edited:

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
They really need to find a tape that disproves it in order to end false accusers on this sort of thing. Currently race is the trump card and believed by many in society with any shred of evidence.
If they were pretty definitively able to prove he didn't say this, which is unlikely, this should add to Garrett's penalty.