Game Thread: Oklahoma State vs Texas Tech

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

snuffy

Free Harambe!
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State Cowboys vs. Texas Tech Red Raiders

Kickoff: Saturday November 2nd at 6:00 pm
at Jones AT&T Stadium, Lubbock Texas

2013 Records
OSU 6-1 (3-1) Tech7-1 (4-1)

TV: FOX
Cox: 715 (OKC)
ATT: 1025 (OKC)
DirecTV: 25 (OKC)
Dish: 25 (OKC)
Gus Johnson, Charles Davis and Kristina Pink to call OSU-Texas Tech

Radio Links

OSU Game Notes
OSU Roster

Tech Game Notes
Tech Roster

Last edited by a moderator:

BeatOU

--- ... ..-
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 6, 2008
Alpha Quadrant
www.twitter.com
Tech leads the all-time series 21-16-3 and is 12-4-3, vs. OSU, in Lubbock. However, OSU is 6-2 in the Gundy era and has won the last 4 games.

OSU has won 9 of its last 10 games played in the state of Texas.

BeatOU

--- ... ..-
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 6, 2008
Alpha Quadrant
www.twitter.com
Kickoff Coverage an Overlooked Factor in OSU's Success
Oklahoma State has been effective in the kickoff game, as the Cowboys lead the Big 12 and rank fourth nationally in kickoff coverage by allowing only 15.97 yards per kickoff return. Only 11 of OSU's 50 kickoffs have resulted in touchbacks, but it should be noted that OSU is actually better off without the touchbacks. The average starting field position for opponents following an OSU kickoff this season is the 23 yard line. To put that into perspective, the average starting field position for opponents following an OSU kickoff last year with all-everything kickoff man Quinn Sharp handling those responsibilities was the 28 yard line.

Chris H.

administrator emeritus
Jul 1, 2004
Tulsa, Okla.
chris.hasenpflug.net
The average starting field position for opponents following an OSU kickoff this season is the 23 yard line. To put that into perspective, the average starting field position for opponents following an OSU kickoff last year with all-everything kickoff man Quinn Sharp handling those responsibilities was the 28 yard line.
I feel like printing this on cards and handing it out at BPS to people that moan and groan about our kickoffs.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Oklahoma State has been effective in the kickoff game, as the Cowboys lead the Big 12 and rank fourth nationally in kickoff coverage by allowing only 15.97 yards per kickoff return. Only 11 of OSU's 50 kickoffs have resulted in touchbacks, but it should be noted that OSU is actually better off without the touchbacks. The average starting field position for opponents following an OSU kickoff this season is the 23 yard line. To put that into perspective, the average starting field position for opponents following an OSU kickoff last year with all-everything kickoff man Quinn Sharp handling those responsibilities was the 28 yard line.
Pretty cool stat. I didn't realize we were that good at defending kickoff returns, but I have noticed that I feel a lot less nervous this year when an opponent begins to return a kick.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Orange on in Lawton. Luckily I have a DIY project to fill my time today before kickoff. Should be a great game, win or lose. I'm predicting either a defensive or ST touchdown and we win by 3. Whoever wins the turnover battle will win this game.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

PokeIncognito

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Aug 1, 2013
People moan and groan about not having touchbacks? I've always been a fan of having them start at about the one or two yard line. Once they catch the ball your coverage team is already in place to make a play.

snuffy

Free Harambe!
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
So are the players getting coached harder and playing harder because they lost the safety net they considered Sharp?

BeatOU

--- ... ..-
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 6, 2008
Alpha Quadrant
www.twitter.com
Going into tonight's game, OSU's defense allows only 23.4 yards and 1.16 points per possession, on average.

Additionally, they are ranked 7th in the nation in the turnover margin at +1.3.

Jan 8, 2009
Our DirecTV box went out as of this morning, they are replacing under warranty - no worries there.

What channel is the game on? Fox (local?) or FSN? We have an HD antenna which SHOULD pick up locals.

Am I going to be able to find it or should I make other plans?

Thanks!

Jan 8, 2009
Nice - so that means the ol' rabbit ears will do me just fine.

Guess the DirecTV box isn't built for the intense earthquakes here in Edmond, OK!