Game of Thrones

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
This has been the slowest moving show in the history of ever, but its like season 6 rolled around and the writers were like "Oh crap we need to start wrapping things up here"

More things happened in the first 3 episodes of season 6 then all of season 5. Its great. Can't wait to finish things out.
If you think this is slow moving. Just wait till the Wheel of Time series starts up. There are 14 books and from about book 5-6 through around book 11, very little gets concluded. It is mostly setup in during that time. Everything gets paid off, but it happens in the last few books are like a hurricane of plot. I'm excited for it, but I'm also concerned what could happen to the show during that lull. I expect they will have to change somethings (which I am fine with). Specifically, I think several of the plot point conclusions could be moved up so as to better entice the viewers.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
If you think this is slow moving. Just wait till the Wheel of Time series starts up. There are 14 books and from about book 5-6 through around book 11, very little gets concluded. It is mostly setup in during that time. Everything gets paid off, but it happens in the last few books are like a hurricane of plot. I'm excited for it, but I'm also concerned what could happen to the show during that lull. I expect they will have to change somethings (which I am fine with). Specifically, I think several of the plot point conclusions could be moved up so as to better entice the viewers.
Perrin's story MUST be sped up for the TV series

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
I'm on book 4 and it's already starting to drag a little. I guess you would recommend powering through? Perrin is my favorite character so far.
Yes, but just be aware that it will continue and that it will get worse before it gets better. Now that I'm to the end it is hard to put down. I can handle the slow moving a bit better than some. Also, I listen to the audio books on my commute so it makes it easier.

If you just can't stand it, you can read the summaries of some of the books to skip forward. This page has summaries of 1-2 pages per chapter.

https://library.tarvalon.net/index.php?title=Chapter_Summaries

If you do go this route, I would try picking back up with book 11. Book 10 is universally the lowest reviewed for reasons I can't really go into without spoilers. Also, there are probably a few sections within that I would suggest reading the actual book for. If you decide to go this route let me know and I'll hunt down the specifics.

CasperPoke11

The Car'a'carn
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 5, 2012
Stillwater,OK
I enjoyed the entire Wheel of Time series its one of my all time favorite series. It got a little slow to me, but never where it was hard to read.

Last edited:

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
Man, I'm surprised how much Wheel of Time conversation has happened here in just a few hours. Maybe we need to get a thread started for the upcoming TV show. We could discuss the news leading up to the show first and then the show itself as it airs.

CasperPoke11

The Car'a'carn
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 5, 2012
Stillwater,OK

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
So did no one catch the comment by Gilly? That was far and away the biggest event in that episode. Maybe this season.

Gilly asked what annulment was and said that Someone named Reahgar had one and married someone else in secret. Reahgar was the heir to the thrown under the mad king and John Snow's true father. If he divorced his wife and married John's mother Lyanna then he was not actually a bastard. This also means that his claim to the Iron Throne is better than Dany's. When the truth comes out, she will either have to bend the knee to him or live in hypocrisy.

Okieleaks

Le Soleil
Banned
A/V Subscriber
Mar 19, 2017
Here to there
So did no one catch the comment by Gilly? That was far and away the biggest event in that episode. Maybe this season.

Gilly asked what annulment was and said that Someone named Reahgar had one and married someone else in secret. Reahgar was the heir to the thrown under the mad king and John Snow's true father. If he divorced his wife and married John's mother Lyanna then he was not actually a bastard. This also means that his claim to the Iron Throne is better than Dany's. When the truth comes out, she will either have to bend the knee to him or live in hypocrisy.
Yeah I about spit out my dinner when I heard that, its what we all hoped but was great to finally have R+L=J legitimate

Jul 22, 2011
Do Danaerys and Jon end up together.... romantically/sexually? They're really leaning towards that the last couple episodes. If so, who's going to tell Jon Snow that she's his aunt? Sam, Bran, Little finger, No one?
That would be an interesting conundrum.