FS1 game against Tech - not everyone can watch

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

PokeJ

Sheriff
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
If you use You-Tube TV, who do you use as your internet provider ? Alot of the time that is bundled with the cable or satellite provider.
I've used both Cox and ATT for my streaming service, neither had any issues. If you only have a few devices that you'll be accessing the internet with at the same time (which I'm assuming is the case) then you really don't need blazing fast internet. I had 50mpbs before and never really had issues. I bumped it up recently now that we have a couple tv streams going at a time.
https://www.tomsguide.com/us/internet-speed-what-you-need,news-24289.html
It will eventually work its way down to you. If they can’t get their money from AT&T and Cox they have to turn somewhere

Somebody has to pay for the out of control contracts they are paying for sports content. Guess who that it

Welcome to America!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 11, 2006
Sounds like a Fox issue, if they are fighting with Dish, now Sling.
It is a Fox issue, that you are correct. They are the ones taking the channels away from Dish/Sling.
But what I meant by “Dish = Sling“ is they are the same company. Sling is a streaming service owned by Dish.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
The network being taken off (or taking itself off, it's never really clear) will tell you it's the provider's fault, while the provider will tell you it's squarely the fault of the network. Each side will have a website up to air their side of the grievance. The customer is caught in the middle, and it's happening way too much now.

Nov 30, 2010
Tulsa, OK
It is a Fox issue, that you are correct. They are the ones taking the channels away from Dish/Sling.
But what I meant by “Dish = Sling“ is they are the same company. Sling is a streaming service owned by Dish.
Thanks, I did not know that. I tried out Sling this past week, to see about cutting the cord from Cox. I had no problem, but realized my wife would not like the need to navigate, or that we would have to purchase multiple antennas for to watch the local news.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Thanks, I did not know that. I tried out Sling this past week, to see about cutting the cord from Cox. I had no problem, but realized my wife would not like the need to navigate, or that we would have to purchase multiple antennas for to watch the local news.
I tried sling early on and wasn't a fan of their interface. DirecTV Now (now ATT TV Now) has a more "traditional" interface where you have a normal looking tv guide, it's just sorted alphabetically instead of assigning channel numbers. Not sure how other services are setup though. I'm about to try out YouTube TV but haven't opened it up yet. I do know it has all of our locals though where ATT TV Now was lacking NBC.

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
My biggest issue trying to stream is the internet quality. I live in the middle of nowhere and the only option I have is satellite internet or a hotspot. Hughes net is expensive and sucks balls. I would boot satellite TV if I had good internet options.
Because I live in a remote area I have a hard phone line due to spotty cell phone reception. I got DSL service over the phone line and it has been great, no issues streaming. My understanding is speed may vary depending on how many other DSL customers are on your specific service line, but it works really well for me so far. It's an option....

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
I tried sling early on and wasn't a fan of their interface. DirecTV Now (now ATT TV Now) has a more "traditional" interface where you have a normal looking tv guide, it's just sorted alphabetically instead of assigning channel numbers. Not sure how other services are setup though. I'm about to try out YouTube TV but haven't opened it up yet. I do know it has all of our locals though where ATT TV Now was lacking NBC.
Look in to the new "flat" antennas that look almost like a roll-up cutting board with a wire attached. I get an amazing number of channels. For example, I live Southeast of Bryan Tx and in addition to local channels I can pick up Waco TV channels over 90 miles away.

1570209021897.png

Nov 6, 2010
The network being taken off (or taking itself off, it's never really clear) will tell you it's the provider's fault, while the provider will tell you it's squarely the fault of the network. Each side will have a website up to air their side of the grievance. The customer is caught in the middle, and it's happening way too much now.
I think these are signs of the beginning of the end of the old cable/network TV model. With all the new streaming options, there are going to be a lot of disruptions and shake-ups until it all settles out and the new model, however that looks, emerges.

Aug 16, 2012
I have sling and at least with mine, there is a traditional guide that is just the push of a button away.

Here is my issue with sling, do not know if the same for all streaming. They buffer content so any live event you are a good 15 seconds behind. Worse, you cannot just change from one channel to the next because it freezes up as it is buffering and my service cannot handle the transfer. Have to exit, go to the menu, search and then pick a new show. It also drags down my internet to the tune of my 25 Mbps dropping to only 10 Mbps. I have to shut it off if I have any file transfers over 1mb which is a complete PITA. Yes, my service sucks, but the max offered by ATT in town. Point is, be ready for it to drag down your service

Sep 3, 2010
I've had that service since they launched it in 2016. It's been... frustrating at times... Now that Amazon and Google have taken a step back from their pissing contest though, YouTube TV is FINALLY available on FireTV devices so I'm looking at switching over to that service. Not having that option on FireTV this whole time was the main reason I hadn't left ATT TV Now yet.
I have YouTube TV and really like it. I've had 5 friends sign up for it and feel the same way.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
I've had that service since they launched it in 2016. It's been... frustrating at times... Now that Amazon and Google have taken a step back from their pissing contest though, YouTube TV is FINALLY available on FireTV devices so I'm looking at switching over to that service. Not having that option on FireTV this whole time was the main reason I hadn't left ATT TV Now yet.
I have YouTube TV and really like it. I've had 5 friends sign up for it and feel the same way.
I'm trying it out today. Only complaint so far is no option to sort the guide by channel name easily. Not that big of a deal though. Also, I haven't figured out if there's a way to quickly jump back to live.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Dec 6, 2013
I just got sling for baseball. This was a nasty surprise this AM after cancelling ESPN+ after last weeks game and thinking sling would have me covered for the rest of the non-ABC/big Fox games.

ScooberJake

Territorial Marshal
Jul 13, 2004
Denver, CO
Dispute over. Fox is now back on Dish and Sling.
Ha! I canceled Sling immediately when they didn't have FS1 for our game on Saturday. The only reason I have it is to watch OSU football. But after that game on Saturday, I probably won't even re-up for the rest of the season. Don't want to put myself through that.