FS1 game against Tech - not everyone can watch

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 14, 2006
I've had Youtube TV for almost 2 years. The quality is great. I know it doesn't have every channel people want to watch but I pretty much only watch sports on live TV now so it's been great.

I had Cox for 15 years until they priced themselves out.

Aug 7, 2006
That has been my experience. I can't remember which channel it was, but there was one channel they lost for about 24 hours.
I've had them for 10 years and that's what I remember too. I mean, they had a dispute with ESPN earlier this season and it seemed to go away pretty quickly.

Aug 7, 2006
I've had Youtube TV for almost 2 years. The quality is great. I know it doesn't have every channel people want to watch but I pretty much only watch sports on live TV now so it's been great.

I had Cox for 15 years until they priced themselves out.
I'm probably going to try Youtube TV once my contract runs out with DirecTV this summer. I have no real complaints with them, I just think I'd save some money and not having a contract would be nice.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
That has been my experience. I can't remember which channel it was, but there was one channel they lost for about 24 hours.
I'm not sure if it affected satellite, but DirecTV Now lost CBS for multiple days (might have even gone a couple weeks) this summer. We were in the dark for local news because we only watch News 9. lol.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
I'm probably going to try Youtube TV once my contract runs out with DirecTV this summer. I have no real complaints with them, I just think I'd save some money and not having a contract would be nice.
My DirecTV bill was ABSURD after my contract and discounts ran out which was why I bailed. Went from $152/mo to $35/mo (at the time, but now it's $50/mo).

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Can one sign up for Hulu with a Roku, to watch the game on their free trial? How does that work? Tks

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Can one sign up for Hulu with a Roku, to watch the game on their free trial? How does that work? Tks
yes. Go to hulu.com and sign up. Download the Hulu app on your roku. Sign into roku by following on screen instructions. Profit.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
If you use You-Tube TV, who do you use as your internet provider ? Alot of the time that is bundled with the cable or satellite provider.

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
Cut the cord with Dish a few months ago. I have base Hulu, Netflix and Amazon Prime (already had prime for free shipping as I live out in the country). I have a mini antenna that gets all three networks. Great arrangement at less than $20/mth except for OSU sports.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
If you use You-Tube TV, who do you use as your internet provider ? Alot of the time that is bundled with the cable or satellite provider.
I've used both Cox and ATT for my streaming service, neither had any issues. If you only have a few devices that you'll be accessing the internet with at the same time (which I'm assuming is the case) then you really don't need blazing fast internet. I had 50mpbs before and never really had issues. I bumped it up recently now that we have a couple tv streams going at a time.
https://www.tomsguide.com/us/internet-speed-what-you-need,news-24289.html

Well

Wrangler
A/V Subscriber
Dec 17, 2009
I'm not sure if it affected satellite, but DirecTV Now lost CBS for multiple days (might have even gone a couple weeks) this summer. We were in the dark for local news because we only watch News 9. lol.
I believe CBS is still blocked on ATTnow Streaming

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Should be back up. At least for me it is. It came back before football season started. Well, unless you're not in Oklahoma and are in an area the they still haven't gotten an agreement with the local CBS affiliate (which was another headache with ATT TV Now, we still don't have NBC after all this time).

Jan 14, 2006
I still use Cox. The quality is excellent where I live. It's annoying having to negotiate with them every year when they raise the rates but their customer service/loyalty people are pretty good.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
My biggest issue trying to stream is the internet quality. I live in the middle of nowhere and the only option I have is satellite internet or a hotspot. Hughes net is expensive and sucks balls. I would boot satellite TV if I had good internet options.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Nope. It's been back for awhile.

The only "improvement" I've seen since they rebranded it from DirectTV Now is that that during the middle of a program or game they will ask "Are you still there? We've noticed you haven't had any activity for awhile."

May 29, 2007
NE OK
I switched from DirecTV to Dish in January after almost 20 years. Now Dish dumps Fox. I'm so pissed off. Currently working on getting a DirecTV login from a friend so I can watch the game Saturday. Otherwise, I guess I'll be at the bar. Anyone have a link to stream maybe?
sportsurge.net usually find a good stream or two there.
It's where all the streamers from Reddit r/cfbstreams went.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
This is what I did for the KState game. Was a huge PITA for me... It kept freezing up and I had to keep hopping around links to find one that worked. The link that finally worked for me was one without audio...

My biggest bitch about streams though is I'm used to channel hopping during commercials and halftime to check in on other games.