Former Trump Admin officials, Mark Wayne Mullin business, LIFE Church, Kevin Hern bus. given MILLIONS in COVID funding for businesses

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Churches do pay payroll taxes though.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Churches CHOOSE to pay payroll taxes. They have the opportunity to opt-out if they want. Unlike the rest of us.

Payroll taxes are specific taxes to cover social security and medicare costs. They are not general funding for things like pandemic response. If churches want in on that type of funding then they should pay like everyone else.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Churches CHOOSE to pay payroll taxes. They have the opportunity to opt-out if they want. Unlike the rest of us.

Payroll taxes are specific taxes to cover social security and medicare costs. They are not general funding for things like pandemic response. If churches want in on that type of funding then they should pay like everyone else.
I'm so beyond frustrated that people are trying to justify Churches getting this money that is 100% forgivable and does not need to be paid back

It is 100% against BOTH party belief systems.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

So, if they have employees, pay payroll taxes, and are trying to not have to layoff employees; the requirements of receiving the money, then why can't they receive the money again?

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
How did LIFE Church get money from this!!!! in the $5 MILLION TO $10 MILLION range

Osage Nation Gaming AND Osage Nation Tribe

The second one on that list aes is most likely going out of business. Once the ppp money was gone they let most everyone go. They even let the guy that was over their it, which controls most of their business.

Aug 16, 2012
Not holding my breath, but as a PPP recipient, I hope the loans like these people were given are deemed "non-qualifying" and they have to pay them back. I had to set up a separate bank account for my loan proceeds and document where every nickel was spent. Thing is, they are going to piddle around determining what is considered qualifying to the point not a dime will be repaid.

Jun 20, 2012
Be
So, if they have employees, pay payroll taxes, and are trying to not have to layoff employees; the requirements of receiving the money, then why can't they receive the money again?
Because they turn around and “set” the tithing amount of those employees. And those mega churches all have million dollar cpu labs that help recover money from “Lapsed Givers.” Pyramid scheme to perfection.

Mar 11, 2006
This shouldn’t surprise anyone that’s been paying attention.
The CARES ACT flooded multiple trillion dollars and the federal gov passed a lot of the decision making to local authorities (that is where most of the wasted spending occurred IMO).

What seems like corrupt spending by some businesses is deemed necessary by others.

Put it this way. If you are a $40k/year employee and the business you work for is seeing a massive drop in revenue — does it matter if your business is a restaurant, an airline, a hotel, a personal clothier, a strip bar, or a church? You want your employer to get relief to help secure you in payroll. All those businesses seem valid is requesting funds to help in relief.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
The CARES ACT flooded multiple trillion dollars and the federal gov passed a lot of the decision making to local authorities (that is where most of the wasted spending occurred IMO).

What seems like corrupt spending by some businesses is deemed necessary by others.

Put it this way. If you are a $40k/year employee and the business you work for is seeing a massive drop in revenue — does it matter if your business is a restaurant, an airline, a hotel, a personal clothier, a strip bar, or a church? You want your employer to get relief to help secure you in payroll. All those businesses seem valid is requesting funds to help in relief.
and then the media ask when they are handing out the money if your Mega Church signed up for any of the money...and you tell the media NO WAY...and then 7-8 months later it is discovered you actually took $4.4 MILLION from it which is enough to give every single employee you have almost $20,000....Meanwhile the head of your organization has a net worth of over $100 Million and decides the US Govt should be keeping his business from going under, and doesn't invest any of his own personal wealth into his own Church to keep it going.

Mar 11, 2006
and then the media ask when they are handing out the money if your Mega Church signed up for any of the money...and you tell the media NO WAY...and then 7-8 months later it is discovered you actually took $4.4 MILLION from it which is enough to give every single employee you have almost $20,000....Meanwhile the head of your organization has a net worth of over $100 Million and decides the US Govt should be keeping his business from going under, and doesn't invest any of his own personal wealth into his own Church to keep it going.
1) is it required the church inform the media that they are getting a loan?
2) are you certain they didn’t apply later...which is what was alluded?
3) were other millionaire owners of other businesses excluded from payroll loans?

If you think this is much different from how tens of millions of dollars were distributed then I suggest you read more as to where some of the CARES ACT money went. We propped up a lot of industries.

Why should an employee of the church be treated differently than employees of businesses impacted by COVID?

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
How about convincing your congregants to purchase software that’ll allow your church to monitor you’re giving patterns?!

https://community.rockrms.com/recipes/127/automated-rescue-of-lapsed-givers
It's funny because my family goes to Life church. We... well my wife, is pretty good about tithing. With a lot that we had going on this year we missed for a while. I got a call from Life Church asking how my family was doing and asked if there was anything they needed to pray for. They got the wrong spouse, but they didn't even mention tithing. I thought it was nice and appreciated the outreach. Later on the cynical side of me said, hey....?