Former Trump Admin officials, Mark Wayne Mullin business, LIFE Church, Kevin Hern bus. given MILLIONS in COVID funding for businesses

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
First Baptist Church of Dallas who's pastor has served on Trump's evangelical advisory board and the Church where Pence had a rally last month recieved between $2 million and $5 million in PPP loan.

Joyce Meyer Ministries Inc in Missouri which was investigated by the Senate from 2007-2011 over its finances received between $5 million to $10 million

The Roman Catholic Diocese of San Bernardino which has publically acknowledged its role in covering up sexual abuse recieved $5 million to $10 Million

Willow Creek Community Church in Illinois which 2 years ago paid $3.25 Million to settle lawsuits that a church volunteer was sexually abusing kids received $5 million to $10 million

19 Different churches applied for and received forgivable loans in the $5 million to $10 million range which was the highest category you could apply for

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
I think we can all agree that our government has wasted a sh*tload of our money in all of this... And not a damn thing is going to happen from it...

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
Did you start a separate thread with those tweets. I didn't get around to reading this whole thread. You run headlines a lot like CNN.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Did you start a separate thread with those tweets. I didn't get around to reading this whole thread. You run headlines a lot like CNN.
They are right here in this thread

Feels good to know as a taxpayer you just paid for Planned Parenthood, Life Church, Multiple Catholic diocese, a private Jewish school, Baptist Church in Dallas, etc right!

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
They are right here in this thread

Feels good to know as a taxpayer you just paid for Planned Parenthood, Life Church, Multiple Catholic diocese, a private Jewish school, Baptist Church in Dallas, etc right!
At least I got to see where that money went. The fact my tax dollars are funding a Chinese military that is hell bent on destroying my country is more troublesome.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Congress wrote it, Trump signed. Honestly, neither were responsible for determining who qualified.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
let me guess it was joe biden and obama’s fault.
Nope. Don't know who to blame other than the businesses that applied knowing they shouldn't have. But if they meet criteria, I don't know why it's a problem.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
These groups pay payroll taxes like any business. Churches had to close, donations were down. This allowed them to continue paying employees even though they had to shut their doors.
Personally, considering planned Parenthood and other abortion places were allowed to stay open when other places like TGI Fridays and other restaurants had to close, I don't agree with them getting money. Grindr, probably stayed open and had employees remote, but how much traffic did they really get? I don't agree with their business, but they do have employees and probably had to cut hours and such.

"PPP is about keeping people on payrolls, and a large segment of our society is the not for profit world," he continued. "And a large segment of that society are churches and houses of worship. And they have people on payrolls too. So if what this is about is keeping people on payrolls, then we all should have availability to do that."

Last edited:

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Yea not seeing the why the outrage over churches getting relief when we pay millions to PP to slaughter the unborn. At least churches are trying to save lives rather than end them.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Seriously, ramases2112, just how many times does it have to be pointed out to you and others in this forum that federal dollars can not go to funding abortions? Really, are you totally ignorant of the Hyde Amendment?

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
These groups pay payroll taxes like any business. Churches had to close, donations were down. This allowed them to continue paying employees even though they had to shut their doors.
Personally, considering planned Parenthood and other abortion places were allowed to stay open when other places like TGI Fridays and other restaurants had to close, I don't agree with them getting money. Grindr, probably stayed open and had employees remote, but how much traffic did they really get? I don't agree with their business, but they do have employees and probably had to cut hours and such.

"PPP is about keeping people on payrolls, and a large segment of our society is the not for profit world," he continued. "And a large segment of that society are churches and houses of worship. And they have people on payrolls too. So if what this is about is keeping people on payrolls, then we all should have availability to do that."

This. The optics are bad on a lot of this but large business, major charities, and churches took just as bad a hit as small family businesses.

I'm sure many companies took advantage when they really didn't need to, but if I'm a business owner during a period when I have no idea what the future is going to bring and the federal government is offering me money I'm taking it no matter how good my current situation is.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city

IF they pay into the system, they should receive from the system.
The rationale for a church to not pay tax money to keep church and state separated must apply just as equally for receiving it. That isn't separation!

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

IF they pay into the system, they should receive from the system.
The rationale for a church to not pay tax money to keep church and state separated must apply just as equally for receiving it. That isn't separation!
Churches do pay payroll taxes though.