Former Trump Admin officials, Mark Wayne Mullin business, LIFE Church, Kevin Hern bus. given MILLIONS in COVID funding for businesses

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
So, are you planning on voting out incumbents or are you going to vote party line?
Hey, my congressional district has had 5 different representative in the time that McConnell and Pelosi have been in Congress, I'd say the 1st OK district is doing better than some when it comes to incumbents. I almost always vote against the incumbents in the primaries just because.

As far as the 2020 general, I haven't decided about Hern yet but he is just a first term representative, yes technically an incumbent but I'm willing to give them more than one 2 year term. I voted against Sullivan in 2012, supported Bridenstine instead, and then again the next year.....then voted for him the third time simply because he ran unopposed, there wasn't another option.

I will be voting for Robert Murphy over Inhofe this year in the Senate race. No question.

So yes, I generally try to vote against the incumbents when I can, especially the ones that have been there a while. Can't always do it since I refuse to support the Democrats in the general, so I do understand it's not always an easy thing....I wish more people from both parties would realize how important the primaries are.

Last edited:

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
im gonna be honest the only time i hear that rhetoric is when a republican is in office. Let me know in november if you still feel that way.
I'll be honest I had plenty of complaints about Obama....but if you go back and look at my post history on this board during his administration, you'l find that I had plenty of complaints about the Republican led Congress as well....it was actually during Obama's time in office that I went from opposing Congressional term limits to supporting them.

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
I get it but trump vowed to drain the swamp out of his own mouth. It seems like the same ole bath tub to me. So either he lied or he has no clue how to do it.
Trump says lots of stuff. Obama said a lot of stuff. Bush said a lot of stuff. Clinton did things with cigars while saying a lot of stuff.

The point is...

People make promises in campaigns they cannot fulfill. Draining the swamp is an idea I can get behind, but I have no illusion in mind that it'd be easy or short in process. Also, your post assumes he COULD do it. I think the reason Trump has faced insane amounts of opposition is he threatens the hell out of the establishment. I could support him if he weren't such a buffoon and guilty of the same bs he decries.

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
Trump says lots of stuff. Obama said a lot of stuff. Bush said a lot of stuff. Clinton did things with cigars while saying a lot of stuff.

The point is...

People make promises in campaigns they cannot fulfill. Draining the swamp is an idea I can get behind, but I have no illusion in mind that it'd be easy or short in process. Also, your post assumes he COULD do it. I think the reason Trump has faced insane amounts of opposition is he threatens the hell out of the establishment. I could support him if he weren't such a buffoon and guilty of the same bs he decries.
i get it i dont think he has even tried to drain the swamp to be honest. Its not easy to do but what measures has he taken to do it?? Please enlighten me.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
What a shocker, the people in DC who don't have term limits are getting rich off the taxpayer...and somehow Trump is the problem.

Vote all members of Congress out!
i thought he was draining the swamp not filling it back up with water and enabling it. Who are we blaming this time? Oh ok its congress fault this time got it. What can we blame trump for?
Congress wrote it, Trump signed. Honestly, neither were responsible for determining who qualified.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jun 20, 2012
How did LIFE Church get money from this!!!! in the $5 MILLION TO $10 MILLION range

Osage Nation Gaming AND Osage Nation Tribe

Because the department of education awarding churches money wasn’t enough. Property tax exemptions aren’t enough. You know god works in mysterious ways...by taking taxpayer money and giving it to those in need. Like karaoke churches. Gotta pay for all those cpu labs inside and their employees spreading the word...or some kind of word.

Well

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Dec 17, 2009
i get it i dont think he has even tried to drain the swamp to be honest. Its not easy to do but what measures has he taken to do it?? Please enlighten me.
You got me. I haven't seen anything that does.
You can't drain the swamp from within, or by voting. You can hurt it by terminating congressional exemptions, lobbyist support and enacting term limits (and there's likely a few more). But to truly drain the swamp would be to get those in office to resign voluntarily or involuntarily. By force if necessary. And it would likely take force.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Soho House, the exclusive membership club controlled by billionaire Ron Burkle, received loans totaling between $9 million and $23 million by applying for seven loans through its New York, Miami Beach, Chicago and West Hollywood locations. Last month, Soho House raised $100 million from private investors, including Burkle, that gave the company a valuation of $2 billion — equal to its prepandemic valuation.

Billionaire developer Joe Farrell, famed for building and renting megamansions in the Hamptons, received a PPP loan of up to $1 million. Farrell made headlines in May when he rented a megahome called “The Sandcastle” for nearly $2 million for the summer.

The Greenbrier Hotel, which operates the famed luxury resort in West Virginia and is owned by West Virginia governor and billionaire Jim Justice, received between $5 million and $10 million. The Greenbrier Sporting Club, part of the residential development next to the hotel, also received between $1 million and $2 million.
Gores Vitac Holdings, part of the company controlled by by tech billionaire Alec Gores, is listed as having received $5 million to $10 million.

The most famous billionaire to receive PPP funds is Kanye West. West’s Yeezy fashion brand received between $2 million and $5 million. West has said his brand is worth $3 billion and recently announced a collaboration with Gap that could potentially be worth $100 million or more depending on the company’s performance.

Private jet companies, which have rebounded quickly and received hundreds of millions of dollars under the aviation program of the CARES Act, also received millions in PPP funds. Clay Lacy Aviation, which received $27 million in CARES Act funding and prides itself on its celebrity and VIP client base, also received between $5 million and $10 million in PPP funds.

Jet Linx Aviation, which received $20 million from the aviation program, received an additional $5 million to $10 million in PPP funds, according to the list.

Dec 18, 2019
Central Oklahoma
The company I work for received a million. We never laid a person off or even closed the doors for one day being an essential business. I don’t understand it. Rumor I heard is if you apply for less than $2 mil your chances of getting audited are basically zero.

I bet there is a lot of this kind of stuff going on.