For those in the know in Stillwater...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 22, 2009
Oklahoma
When I was in Taco Bell a couple months back. Probably about mid-September. The manager informed me that they were going to build a new one right by Pizza Hut, seeing as they are owned by the same company. I really don't remember if they will be closing down the old one or not, I doubt it. Look at sonic, they are about the same distance from each other.

Aug 11, 2004
Enid, OK
www.faulklawfirm.com
When I was in Taco Bell a couple months back. Probably about mid-September. The manager informed me that they were going to build a new one right by Pizza Hut, seeing as they are owned by the same company. I really don't remember if they will be closing down the old one or not, I doubt it. Look at sonic, they are about the same distance from each other.
Usually with franchises, you have to do a significant remodel or rebuild every 20 years or so. Don't know if this is what is going on, but could be a reason.

dds115

Free Roverto!!!
Aug 11, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
www.hirecoachgundyscoaches.com
Would it hurt them to build something west of town instead of an area already saturated with eating establishments?
I doubt many people will drive out there for a Taco Bell. I know there are some residential areas out there, but not enough to make it worth it. I feel like the students (my guess is they are much of the business) wouldn't make it out there enough to make it worth it.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
I wonder if the new taco bell will actually order enough food to not run out of taco shells/tortillas/sporks/baja sauce before the dinner crowd even gets there. I also wonder if it will take less than 15 minutes to get 2 double deckers in the drive through... I swear the only reason I keep going there is because sometimes I just need some fast food "mexican" and the bueno here always tastes bad (I got Taco Mayo'd out living in the dorms). Anyone else had these problems with bell before?

naffigator

I am SuperKing!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 2, 2008
In a burnin' ring of fire.
I doubt many people will drive out there for a Taco Bell. I know there are some residential areas out there, but not enough to make it worth it. I feel like the students (my guess is they are much of the business) wouldn't make it out there enough to make it worth it.
People drive out there for Sonic and Wal-Mart why wouldn't they drive out there for Taco Bell. The two Wal-Marts are exactly the same distance (less than 1/10 of a mile difference), but I go to the west one because it is easier to get to, the Sonic out there is actually slightly farther than the other two, but again it is easier to get to.

I wonder if the new taco bell will actually order enough food to not run out of taco shells/tortillas/sporks/baja sauce before the dinner crowd even gets there. I also wonder if it will take less than 15 minutes to get 2 double deckers in the drive through... I swear the only reason I keep going there is because sometimes I just need some fast food "mexican" and the bueno here always tastes bad (I got Taco Mayo'd out living in the dorms). Anyone else had these problems with bell before?
Yes, I have these problems with this Bell. I have been the only customer in the place but it took over 5 minutes to get two tacos and a Mexican Pizza.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
That is literally the slowest Taco Bell in the world. They can't ever seem to get an order right, either
Worst Taco Bell ever! Slow as hell and don't bother ordering taco supremes in the drive through because when you get home, you'll just have regular old tacos with just meat, cheese and lettuce on them. Also, this new Taco Bell going in by Pizza Hut is going to create a traffic nightmare right there at one of the busiest intersections in Stillwater. They have got to add a middle turn lane all the way down Perkins Road from McElroy to Lakeview. That road sucks when traffic is heavy.

teibbor

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Jul 29, 2004
I heard the current one will be tore down and turned into parking lot for the high school. Not sure if 100% correct but makes sense since they currently have dirt lots for some students

Aug 22, 2009
Oklahoma
it's closer to my house so I am happy about it. It will be pretty hectic for traffic, but getting into the old one sucked anyways. They need to expand that intersection as in the mornings and at night is horrible.