$$ for Cowboys 4 Ever and new video

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

PanhandleCowboy

Point Guard
A/V Subscriber
Jun 22, 2006
Not Close Enough to Stillwater
Who cares?

Wow! People just can't let it go.

I don't particularly like this song, but it is just a song. That is it, no more no less. This complaining has gone from being comical to embarassing. I don't know if other fans are laughing at us more for the song or the hissy fits our fans are throwing.

Feb 21, 2008
Who cares?

Wow! People just can't let it go.

I don't particularly like this song, but it is just a song. That is it, no more no less. This complaining has gone from being comical to embarassing. I don't know if other fans are laughing at us more for the song or the hissy fits our fans are throwing.
I can assure you they are laughing cause of the song. If you dont like it stay out of the threads.

Nov 7, 2004
I am a fan of all OSU sports. I wish all of you next Saturday could go over and check out the condition of OSU's tennis courts. There isn't a more embarrassing sports venue on our campus. I would have liked to have seen the money spent on our new song spent on repairing an embarrassment.

Sep 22, 2005
Oklahoma City
They did spend some money but it was less than 40k and just about all of the money went towards the songwriter since he did all the recording himself. For the record - the reason behind the song choice was they thought the people who payed the most money (older alums) would like it. The songwriter had other songs to choose from but the people making the decisions, said songwriter included, thought it would be the best choice for the audience they were thinking of most.

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
They did spend some money but it was less than 40k and just about all of the money went towards the songwriter since he did all the recording himself. For the record - the reason behind the song choice was they thought the people who payed the most money (older alums) would like it. The songwriter had other songs to choose from but the people making the decisions, said songwriter included, thought it would be the best choice for the audience they were thinking of most.
That's odd because I would say most of the donors on OP between the ages of 25-40 said they hated the song. Maybe in the future, OSU athletics can preview the song for us before deciding that we like it.

Feb 8, 2007
OKC
That's odd because I would say most of the donors on OP between the ages of 25-40 said they hated the song. Maybe in the future, OSU athletics can preview the song for us before deciding that we like it.
Maybe they could run every decision past the board of directors that is OP.com

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
The school didn't have to pay anything.

It was sponsored by Miracle-ear.

Sep 16, 2007
Bridgeport, TX
I can assure you they are laughing cause of the song. If you dont like it stay out of the threads.
and if you don't like the song, don't go to the stadium.

It works both ways.

Let me explain the above comment. I am tired of listening to people complain about something they have even seen yet (the video) and the getting mad when so one tells them it is embarrassing. I personally do not like the song but will wait until Saturday to see how it is used exactly.

okstateguy987

Teamo Supremo
May 7, 2007
and if you don't like the song, don't go to the stadium.

It works both ways.

Let me explain the above comment. I am tired of listening to people complain about something they have even seen yet (the video) and the getting mad when so one tells them it is embarrassing. I personally do not like the song but will wait until Saturday to see how it is used exactly.
NO video can be that good. And newsflash, nobody is complaining about the video. But most people hate the song and have made their opinion heard, in more ways than one.

LakeCowboy

1945 National Champions
A/V Subscriber
May 14, 2009
Edmond, OK
Who cares about a damn song thats played 8 times this year for about 2 minutes? All that matters this year is winning 14 games. Uniforms don't matter, songs don't matter, individual awards don't matter. Draft order doesn't matter. All that matters is winning 14 games, everything else will work itself out from that. Quit acting like little girls about this, most ppl here are all adults

Feb 8, 2007
OKC
Who cares about a damn song thats played 8 times this year for about 2 minutes? All that matters this year is winning 14 games. Uniforms don't matter, songs don't matter, individual awards don't matter. Draft order doesn't matter. All that matters is winning 14 games, everything else will work itself out from that. Quit acting like little girls about this, most ppl here are all adults
No joke. People have committed their whole lives to the protest of this song.