Football series vs Arizona State 2022-2023

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

teibbor

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Jul 29, 2004
http://www.thesundevils.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30300&ATCLID=211027014
TEMPE, Ariz.—Arizona State University and Oklahoma State University have scheduled a future home/home series in football, Vice President for University Athletics Ray Anderson announced Tuesday.
The games will be played on Saturday, September 10, 2022 at Boone Pickens Stadium in Stillwater and on Saturday, September 9, 2023 at Sun Devil Stadium/Frank Kush Field in Tempe.
“We are proud to announce this series with Oklahoma State," says Anderson. "We have been long committed to playing future football games against some of the nation’s finest non-conference opponents every year. We believe our fan base will enjoy this series.”
"I am excited about the series with Oklahoma State University," says Sun Devil Head Football Coach Todd Graham. "Scheduling is very important to the overall success of a program and this is the type of matchup that we are seeking to fulfill our future dates. This series will continue to help build our football program.”
ASU and Oklahoma State have met three times in football with the Sun Devils holding a 2-1 series edge. The Cowboys won 45-3 at Sun Devil Stadium in 1984 while the Sun Devils won 30-3 in Stillwater in 1991 and 12-10 at Sun Devil Stadium in 1993.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2013
I like this a lot! Can I buy my tickets for the 2023 game now? :) On a side note, listening to the 1984 game from "Kerr 413" was a fun memory...

IF memory serves they were a preseason Top 10 team and we were an afterthought, when it was over we were 10-2 and they had a losing record. I remember a group of us running around Parker Hall with several unauthorized beverages in our systems wondering how the hell we were beating them so bad. I always felt that night started our rise to relevance!

Feb 6, 2007
Tulsa
Love the idea of playing big NAME schools. Only problem with this is, I can see another 9:30 pm CT start on PAC 12 network with PAC 12 officials. :cursing::eek::cursing::eek::cursing:

Nov 8, 2013
Love the idea of playing big NAME schools. Only problem with this is, I can see another 9:30 pm CT start on PAC 12 network with PAC 12 officials. :cursing::eek::cursing::eek::cursing:
Unfortunately that is true. I was at the game in Tucson a few years ago when we were flagged for 1000 yards in penalties. (Even the UofA fans around me were apologizing).