Football Season Ticket Renewal Deadline?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 15, 2005
I can't seem to get in touch with anyone at the OSU Ticket Office or find any answers on-line.

Does anyone know if they Football Season Ticket Renewal Deadline is still May 1, or has it been extended?

Jul 22, 2014
deadline was originally April 1st and then extended to May 1st. I emailed the ticket office yesterday and got a reply within a few hours. Renewal deadline is May 1st and then in mid-May the emails will go out with date and times for seat changes. Payment plans have been extended all the way until December 1st.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
The problem is they have promised a “full” refund if the season is cancelled or if it’s played with no fans. However, that’s just the ticket portion. They keep the Posse donation part of the ticket price which is at least half the cost and far more than that the better the seats are. I don’t want to have to give up my 20+ years seats that we love, but unless they change this to a 100% refund of all fees and dues in the event that there are no games with fans, I will have no choice. We both work in industries where one or both could be out of work at anytime due to this Pandemic. I can’t afford for the university to keep dues for events that we aren’t allowed to attend. I would predict that as many as 50% of season ticket holders may walk away unless this guarantee is made.

Aug 14, 2005
Edmond Oklahoma
The problem is they have promised a “full” refund if the season is cancelled or if it’s played with no fans. However, that’s just the ticket portion. They keep the Posse donation part of the ticket price which is at least half the cost and far more than that the better the seats are. I don’t want to have to give up my 20+ years seats that we love, but unless they change this to a 100% refund of all fees and dues in the event that there are no games with fans, I will have no choice. We both work in industries where one or both could be out of work at anytime due to this Pandemic. I can’t afford for the university to keep dues for events that we aren’t allowed to attend. I would predict that as many as 50% of season ticket holders may walk away unless this guarantee is made.
In the same boat you are. Throw in my wifes upcoming 5th back surgery.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
In the same boat you are. Throw in my wifes upcoming 5th back surgery.
Sorry to hear about that. I hope all goes well. I’ll bet her surgery has likely already been delayed because of this pandemic mess.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I'm sorry, but they're not paying attention if they don't offer a full refund. This is PR 101 right now, with concerts, travel, hotels facing PR nightmares for trying to avoid giving full refunds.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
I am in zero rush to get amongst 50,000 strangers; I usually watch games from TV; and run the Alumni Association- Los Angeles chapter watch parties. It's one thing to watch something televised with the stands filled; but watching some of the late night shows with no audience has been cringeworthy at best. I am interested as how it will play out for Cowboy football.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
They will provide full refund. I guess there was some sort of loophole for baseball refunds. Seems they should return our money and still let us retain our seats for next year or for those who asked for refund let us upgrade to their seats rather than allow a new ticket buyer to get prime seats.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
They will provide full refund. I guess there was some sort of loophole for baseball refunds. Seems they should return our money and still let us retain our seats for next year or for those who asked for refund let us upgrade to their seats rather than allow a new ticket buyer to get prime seats.
Baseball offered a full refund or carry your tickets over to next season. We bought 2 GA season tickets mainly to attend the stadium opening festivities - at $75 each (which I had paid weeks earlier) I let mine roll over. I'm sure there will be Grand Opening, though I suspect it won't be the first home game. I think they'll wait for a conference game, maybe mid-March so there's at least a chance of warmer weather. That said, I'm going to the first home game no matter what the weather is.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I heard Larry Reece on the radio a week or so ago saying they were talking in the athletic department about asking donors if they'd like to go ahead take their posse donation or roll it into a straight donation to the department.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I am in zero rush to get amongst 50,000 strangers; I usually watch games from TV; and run the Alumni Association- Los Angeles chapter watch parties. It's one thing to watch something televised with the stands filled; but watching some of the late night shows with no audience has been cringeworthy at best. I am interested as how it will play out for Cowboy football.
Yep

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
how about they offer to give you a stadium pass to leave at halftime for life or ticket holder consecutivity of you let them have both the tickets and the donation?

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
Well, I caved in.......we just couldn’t give up our seats. Just paid the entire thing in one lump sum so I’m in for a 2020 season if we have one. Still don’t know how I’m going to sit with 59,998 other people inside a stadium with my severely immune compromised wife.

I guess it’ll be like Robert DeNiro and Christopher Walken in the Deer Hunter passing the gun back and forth except no Viet Cong officer smackin me in the head screaming at me.......well, there were all those calls from the ticket office, so there’s that.