Football Players Coming Back in 2021

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 6, 2010
We’re going to have to have some people step up in the WR position and/or get some help from the portal.
With Wallace, Stoner, Wolf, Woods and Chuba gone that accounted for 141/207 receptions (68%).
Hopefully Johnson, Presley, and Martin have big off seasons.
How about this guy?? Seems he has the tools, surprised we've not seen him at all to date.

https://247sports.com/player/jonathan-shepherd-83970/

Aug 16, 2012
It will be interesting to see how many players who left with eligibility make NFL squads.

but you have to take your shot when you think you have it.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
https://twitter.com/kolbypeel/status/1348749027362308100?s=21
Good luck to Kolby. He has been a star since the start. I’ll never forget that freshman year where he made the game clinching tackle against Mizzou in Liberty Bowl.

We should want to put players in the NFL, so this is a good thing. I hope he continues to grow and has a great career.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Good luck to Kolby. He has been a star since the start. I’ll never forget that freshman year where he made the game clinching tackle against Mizzou in Liberty Bowl.

Which BTW was the worst spot a ref has ever made in the history of football on that play, if it's the one I'm thinking of. It literally was almost 2 yards off, but it didn't change anything so nobody cares.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
https://twitter.com/kolbypeel/status/1348749027362308100?s=21

We should want to put players in the NFL, so this is a good thing. I hope he continues to grow and has a great career.
https://youtu.be/2JOXUnYrZ1g

3:58 mark, if the video doesn’t go right there. What. A. Play. That’s one to remember. Thanks KHP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
People may definitely disagree, but I think there is at least a chance Sills stays at RT. As poor as his performance was on the left side vs Kstate, I thought he played quite well from the 2nd half of Bedlam onwards. PFF actually had him 3rd team Big 12 at RT, and Tevin was first team. I also suspect that might be what he would want... versatility is a key trait for guys at the NFL level, and Sills really does have the requisite height and build to play tackle as well as guard.

Preston Wilson is another guy who played pretty darn well, but it could be a bit of scheme decision for Dickey if he wants to go with a lighter more mobile guard like Wilson. Not sure what’s going to happen with Anthony, but with his body he’s definitely an asset.And I’m excited to see what happens with the guys who went through the Glass transformation specifically Eli Russ. Maybe the line up could look something like this?

LT Etienne/Springfield
LG Wilson/Russ
C Godlevske/Williams
RG Birmingham/Woodard
RT Sills/Anthony

At the very least this is a very deep unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sills isn't going to play tackle...and Woodard is much better than Wilson and will be in the lineup starting. Wilson is 290 and needs the weight room.. Need to see more from Birmingham isn't proven. Likely you'll see anthony or Springfrield at tackle.

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX
Someone like Tay Martin benefits the most from the extra year. Suddenly, he gets to lead a position group missing Wallace, Stoner & Wolf. This might get him drafted in 2022.
Tay Martin hadn't used his redshirt while at Washington State. If the NCAA hadn't announced the free year, it is more than likely Tay Martin would have redshirted this year because of our depth at WR.

Looking forward to watching him next year.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Seems like more than it actually is with all the seniors announcing instead of just moving on like a normal year. When it is really just Kolby & Hubbard forgoing senior seasons.
Got it. Throwing me for a loop when I see a new declaring for the draft post come across my facebook feed everyday.

marvin7

Greenhorn
Dec 12, 2020
OKC
Some good news as of late! I was thinking it was weird how many guys are being give a free "super senior" season and yet are turning it down. Not just at OkState, but throughout the NCAA. Granted, Peel's a junior.