Football Changes that MUST be made

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 18, 2018
Gatesville, TX
1. AD must MANDATE hiring of a known commodity for OC.

2. Hutton sent back down under.

3. Knowles brings in his own guys aside from Clements and Richmond. Defensive staff needs to be cleaned out.

4. Legit special teams coach hired.

5. Cowboy back needs to be eliminated. If we’re gonna waste them and not use them they don’t need scholarships.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2007
Yukon, OK
Nothing will happen, nor will anyone in charge make any public statements about change. Gundy will coach until he doesn't want to coach anymore and the program will continue to tread water at best.

May 27, 2016
Duncan, ok
I would like to see what the current OC could do with his playbook not Gundy’s. He was a good OC until he came to Stillwater. The OC needs control of the offense like DH or TM had during their time as OC.

Jan 14, 2006
I agree with #2 and maybe #4.

Can't disagree more with #1 and #3. What Gleeson and Dickey did with our run game was awesome. No need for change there. Hopefully SS takes a step forward in the passing game next year. Our D is on a great trajectory but if Knowles wants change, he knows what he's doing.

Nov 14, 2010
We just lost to one of thr youngest teams in the nation who was down to 1 scholarship running back, who had 2 turnovers, got down 14-0 and had leas than 100 yards passing

There's no way anyone can deny that changes need to be made

StillwaterMan

Beers and loud noises
A/V Subscriber
Jan 5, 2010
Wheres the food at?
We just lost to one of thr youngest teams in the nation who was down to 1 scholarship running back, who had 2 turnovers, got down 14-0 and had leas than 100 yards passing

There's no way anyone can deny that changes need to be made
We are probably younger if not its splitting hairs. We also were without an All American WR, our starting QB was sidelined with a cast on his finger, and without KHP.

We lost because we got cute on short yardage downs.

I'm all for change for the better, but what is needed is not drastic.

Sep 10, 2010
Sachse, TX
I firmly believe that Gundy hinders the offensive play calling. Let Gleason coach and everything might be fine. Although, I have a feeling our stars are going to declare for the draft so that leaves enormous holes to fill. I am actually looking forward to seeing what Yurcich’s offense looks like at Texas to see if it looks different from Gundy ball.

Nov 14, 2010
We are probably younger if not its splitting hairs. We also were without an All American WR, our starting QB was sidelined with a cast on his finger, and without KHP.

We lost because we got cute on short yardage downs.

I'm all for change for the better, but what is needed is not drastic.
We lost because our offense sucks and our defense gave up 248 yards rushing to a team that was down to just 1 scholarship running back.

We also lost because we gave up 104 yards rushing to their quarterback in the 4th quarter.

We lost because won the turnover battle 2-0 and one was when A&M was going in to score, but scored 0 points off of them.

We lost because, after a month of preparation, our coach didn't have the a good plan for short yardage situations.

Dru Brown was far from the problem

In fact.... he wasnt't bad at all....
He was 15/28 with 2 td's and no turnovers.

We also lost because.....
Other than Chuba.....
No one else had over 3 yards.

Also because our 2nd leading receiver had 21 yards receiving and only 2 catches.

We also lost because our special teams are ajoke

Our offense needs big changes to not rely on 1 or 2 guys so much

Especially cinsidering Wallace and Hubbard may not be coming back.

Jelani Woods and Dillon Stoner have to get the ball more and we have to start using the middle of the field.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I agree with #2 and maybe #4.

Can't disagree more with #1 and #3. What Gleeson and Dickey did with our run game was awesome. No need for change there. Hopefully SS takes a step forward in the passing game next year. Our D is on a great trajectory but if Knowles wants change, he knows what he's doing.
Dickey sucks, our limiting factor has been below average line play all year. Gundy and Holder need to pony up and pay for assistants.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
We lost because our offense sucks and our defense gave up 248 yards rushing to a team that was down to just 1 scholarship running back.

We also lost because we gave up 104 yards rushing to their quarterback in the 4th quarter.

We lost because won the turnover battle 2-0 and one was when A&M was going in to score, but scored 0 points off of them.

We lost because, after a month of preparation, our coach didn't have the a good plan for short yardage situations.

Dru Brown was far from the problem

In fact.... he wasnt't bad at all....
He was 15/28 with 2 td's and no turnovers.

We also lost because.....
Other than Chuba.....
No one else had over 3 yards.

Also because our 2nd leading receiver had 21 yards receiving and only 2 catches.

We also lost because our special teams are ajoke

Our offense needs big changes to not rely on 1 or 2 guys so much

Especially cinsidering Wallace and Hubbard may not be coming back.

Jelani Woods and Dillon Stoner have to get the ball more and we have to start using the middle of the field.

And have a coach whom was the very first human in the game of football to not go for it on 4th and 1 even though they had:
The best running back in the nation.
Within field goal distance.
Up 14 points.
Less than 2 minutes before half.
First possession of the next quarter.
Last game of the year.
A kicker that is iffy.
Well...you know the story.

Last edited:

jgxs24

Greenhorn
Nov 23, 2010
Tulsa
Does it not appear after the Dickey hire we are running a similar offense to Kansas st? Dickey's zone run blocking is effective but the pass protection schemes are horrible.

jgxs24

Greenhorn
Nov 23, 2010
Tulsa
1. AD must MANDATE hiring of a known commodity for OC.

2. Hutton sent back down under.

3. Knowles brings in his own guys aside from Clements and Richmond. Defensive staff needs to be cleaned out.

4. Legit special teams coach hired.

5. Cowboy back needs to be eliminated. If we’re gonna waste them and not use them they don’t need scholarships.

Oct 6, 2007
Piedmont, OK
I just listened to Gundy’s post game presser. When you hear how incredibly excited he is about next year the embarrassment of this loss will evaporate. To paraphrase to a tried and true refrain, we are a team on the rise and our future is bright.