Finland's 2 Year Basic Income Trial

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
I can attest that if no one increased my taxes but gave me free money, I too would be happy.

However since the world does not actually work that way, the point is moot.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I can attest that if no one increased my taxes but gave me free money, I too would be happy.

However since the world does not actually work that way, the point is moot.

I like the author they quoted in the article.

"Trial participants were generally positive, however, with Tuomas Muraja, a 45-year-old journalist and author, saying the basic income had allowed him to concentrate on writing instead of form-filling or attending jobseekers' courses.

He said the end of the two-year trial, during which he published two books, had made it difficult again for him to accept commissions, because "I ... can earn only 300 euros per month without losing any benefits".

"If people are paid money freely that makes them creative, productive and welfare brings welfare," Muraja told Reuters about his experience of the pilot.

"If you feel free, you feel safer and then you can do whatever you want. That is my assessment."