Finished watching the film....

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
For those who recorded it, watch #75 Keyes on every play. He played like he has NEVER taken a snap before. 2nd and 2 on our 2nd drive, false start... we are now 2nd and long. Next plan, Hill is swallowed up. 3rd down, Keyes man gets through for the sack. 4th down, fumbled into the endzone for the safety.

Besides the coaching, the entire OL, DB's etc being a reason we lost... Keyes was a MAJOR "Key" we lost this game. He whiffed on 90% of his blocking assignments. Ran around looking lost. Horrible display of blocking. Really, it was embarrassing watching him play. Hate to beat up a kid, but my goodness.

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
He was the same last week, he forces the center to help and opens up the middle. The weakest link in the chain is Keyes and it's obvious.Im all for trying something different but he's started since he was a freshman. I know that there are plays we could call that could help mask this weakness but it's not our offense and apparently we can't change regardless of the talent. I'm not in favor of playing the blame game when it comes to student athletes, or a position coach trying to make lemons out of lemonade. Head coach, OC and DC all need to be figuring out what they plan on doing differently.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
He was the same last week, he forces the center to help and opens up the middle. The weakest link in the chain is Keyes and it's obvious.Im all for trying something different but he's started since he was a freshman. I know that there are plays we could call that could help mask this weakness but it's not our offense and apparently we can't change regardless of the talent. I'm not in favor of playing the blame game when it comes to student athletes, or a position coach trying to make lemons out of lemonade. Head coach, OC and DC all need to be figuring out what they plan on doing differently.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Yep. I don't have the tech skills to pull video and cut them off the net (I could do it from tape when I coached HS football though!) so I used my phone to cut several plays from the game on Saturday. I'm going to splice them together and post it at some point. Keyes and Jenkins killed us. They aren't fast enough and look lost most plays. They are pulling on several plays AWAY from the roll-out or run. What?

Apr 14, 2018
Owasso
Yep. I don't have the tech skills to pull video and cut them off the net (I could do it from tape when I coached HS football though!) so I used my phone to cut several plays from the game on Saturday. I'm going to splice them together and post it at some point. Keyes and Jenkins killed us. They aren't fast enough and look lost most plays. They are pulling on several plays AWAY from the roll-out or run. What?
Maybe they need to put Bray in? Freshman but I think he was the highest rated OL in the state last year. Or at least one of the best.

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
I don't think I took clips of anything for the first 1 1/2 quarters... (including his penalty that cost us on a 2nd and 2 which we ended up giving them 2 points).

Don't make fun of my video editing skills.... but watch Keyes (#75) and really the left side of the line in general. Totally lost.

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
What the hell are they teaching these guys in practice? That was embarrasing.
Good question. I only coached HS/MS football for a couple of years, but it was my job to scout and cut film for every game... including the one we just played. Burn them to DVD and the players would take them home.

Watching the OL at this game was completely shocking. Linemen pull all the time, but it's to kick out blocks, make room for the backs or to help pick up too many that are rushing the QB. Keyes looked lost. He stood there on many plays. The play at 1:12 where he never touched anyone. He looked around while our QB got sacked and fumbled. Ball rolling around, he's just looking at nothing. Standing there.

Apr 14, 2018
Owasso
I like the one where he just ran straight up the field like a bull into a matador and whiffed on both defenders. Completely missed both blocks.

Aug 16, 2012
right tackle stunk all night as well. We actually had a drinking game going for every block he missed.

Apr 14, 2018
Owasso
I knew it was bad, but my God, that is embarrassing. Forget playing the freshman qb, why aren't we burning o line redshirts? Keyes looked so lost in those I honestly felt bad for him.
Exactly, surely Bryce Bray or someone could do better than that?
Hell, put me out there lol. I'd get pushed around good but at least I'd slow them down better than that.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Also, I'm not great at oline schemes, but why is he pulling so much just to pass block? Some of those weren't even RPO and he was still pulling from LG to the far right to help the RT. What's up with that???

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Also, I'm not great at oline schemes, but why is he pulling so much just to pass block? Some of those weren't even RPO and he was still pulling from LG to the far right to help the RT. What's up with that???
Noticed that a lot as well. He looks like he runs across the line and can't figure out whom to block. Maybe he's just that bad at pulling and that's why there are so many in this film, but then why run those schemes so much?

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
I don't think I took clips of anything for the first 1 1/2 quarters... (including his penalty that cost us on a 2nd and 2 which we ended up giving them 2 points).

Don't make fun of my video editing skills.... but watch Keyes (#75) and really the left side of the line in general. Totally lost.

I am wondering why we can’t pull the cowboy back to the left side to help since the offensive linemen on that side of the ball thaf folds like a cheap tent.

Last edited: