Feel good thread.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
Post things that might just help us restore our faith in humanity and see the hope that Rack was telling me about in another thread.

I'll start.

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1295194209255858176?s=20

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Post things that might just help us restore our faith in humanity and see the hope that Rack was telling me about in another thread.

I'll start.

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1295194209255858176?s=20
This a great video.

But I gotta confess, I don’t get why espn would post it. Sports link I don’t know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/10-...nds-for-her-paintings-donates-all-to-charity/

10-Year-old Mini-Monet Fetches Tens Of Thousands For Her Paintings – And Donates All The Money
Aug 3, 2020
A ten-year-old ‘mini Monet’ in England paints stunning floral landscape paintings that can sell for up to £10,000.

Daisy Watt only started painting four years ago when two of her grandparents were diagnosed with cancer and she painted a picture to cheer them up.

Her mom, Karen, spotted the youngster’s talent, and asked if she’d like to paint a canvas to be displayed at a local gallery and auctioned for cancer charities.

Bidders from all over the world fought to buy the work featuring forget-me-nots for those who had died and bright flowers for those who survived. The large painting varied in color tone, going from dark to light, to represent the battle with cancer.

It sold for £9,500 and was so popular 100 special edition prints were commissioned and snapped up by buyers from the likes of Canada and Hong Kong.

Beginning with that moment in 2017, she has earned £50,000 through her artwork—and donated it all to charity.

Daisy’s paintings always feature flowers and she loves nothing more than heading out of her studio and into the garden with her paints, which in the beginning were tester pots from the local DIY shop.

“I’m just so proud of her,” said Karen, the mother-of-three from Misson, South Yorkshire. “Although she’s always been really creative, ever since she could hold a paintbrush, it wasn’t until she created that painting for her grandparents that we realized she had something special.”

“I’ve always let her paint and be messy ever since she was small.

Karen is a primary school teacher with a degree in art but says, “She is better than me.”

“One time we were sitting down painting tulips and I turned to her and said ‘right how are we going to figure out the shape here?’ I was trying to work it out and in that time she was dipping her paintbrush in different paints.

“Then with three different colors on the brush she started to paint. It was just the perfect tulip!”

“She doesn’t have to draw an outline and will splat the paint in just the right place. It just comes so naturally to her.”

Daisy now spends most days painting. She’s auctioned dozens of works—around 25—for charity, and has sold one-off originals, and prints which go for £100 a piece.

Cancer Research feature one of her works on their ‘thank you’ cards to families whose loves ones make legacy donations.

Last November Daisy won the Yorkshire Young Achiever for Arts award and has won The Don Valley Festival for the past four years.

During lockdown she painted a rainbow of miniature daisies, as a tribute to frontline workers, and raised £1,700 for the NHS with magnets and cards of the design.

Karen, 50, and Daisy’s project-manager dad Charlie, said their humble daughter gets embarrassed by praise, and doesn’t realize her own talent.

“The thing is she is really shy and humble about her work. She cringes at the attention and doesn’t see what all the fuss is about.”

“I hope when she’s older she realizes just what a special thing she has been doing.

SHARE The Extraordinary Paintings and Heart – With Art Lovers On Social Media…

poknround

Banned
Banned
Oct 25, 2009
Wabashaw, WI
19 year old guy that my fishing buddy and I found near death after rolling his Jeep Cherokee is now home and doing about as well as could be expected. After 10 days in the ICU, several procedures, and 7 more days in step down unit, his mom informed me that he was discharged and sent home to finish his rehab therapy. Kid is lucky to be alive.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/man-plans-amazing-surprise-ask-150314026.html

Henry, who is 22, has Down syndrome, and Will says was the “first” person to understand his brother when he spoke. Now, the two are inseparable.

So when it came to asking Henry to be his best man, Will needed to make the moment count. He ended up planning a surprise that’s now gone viral across social media platforms and plenty of mainstream news outlets.

In a video he shared on Instagram, the 24-year-old hid a message in a bottle for his brother. While working with a metal detector in their yard, Henry came across it.

That message, full of love and praise, was Will’s way of “proposing” to Henry. As the 22-year-old realized what was happening, he leaped into his brother’s arms and embraced him.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/man-plans-amazing-surprise-ask-150314026.html

Henry, who is 22, has Down syndrome, and Will says was the “first” person to understand his brother when he spoke. Now, the two are inseparable.

So when it came to asking Henry to be his best man, Will needed to make the moment count. He ended up planning a surprise that’s now gone viral across social media platforms and plenty of mainstream news outlets.

In a video he shared on Instagram, the 24-year-old hid a message in a bottle for his brother. While working with a metal detector in their yard, Henry came across it.

That message, full of love and praise, was Will’s way of “proposing” to Henry. As the 22-year-old realized what was happening, he leaped into his brother’s arms and embraced him.
Just out of curiosity, why repost the first post?

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
1598114938274.png

Walmart Now Requires All Shoppers To Wear Pants
July 15th, 2020

U.S.—In a move that's being called "unprecedented tyranny," Walmart is now requiring all shoppers to wear pants in their stores.

Americans everywhere slammed Walmart for the move, saying it amounted to an infringement on our constitutional rights.

"I thought this was America," said one man as a greeter asked him to please put on some sweatpants or something before coming into the store. "It is my constitutional right to go into Walmart and shop for random stuff at 3 a.m. wearing nothing but some boxers and a giant Tweety Bird T-shirt I got in the '80s."

"Look, we don't think this is too much to ask," said a Walmart spokesperson. "Just throw on some sweats, pajama bottoms, whatever. This is for the health and mental safety of our employees. And for the love of God, take a shower once in a while, you know?"

Shirts will remain optional.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...g-the-price/ar-BB18GjWC?li=BBnba9O&ocid=ientp

Easton LaChappelle isn’t your average adult male in his mid-twenties. While others might be working their first jobs or trying to figure out a way to unleash their creative ideas, LaChappelle runs a high-tech medical company focused on creating prosthetic limbs for those who deal with limb loss or limb differences, Unlimited Tomorrow. The best part? He’s doing this at a fraction of the cost.
LaChappelle recently chatted with Men’s Health deputy editor Spencer Dukoff for the latest installment of the Boss Mode series, where LaChappelle revealed his company was born out of a hobby. Growing up in a small town in Colorado, he made his first robotic hand using tutorials from YouTube and Reddit forums. He later took the hand to a local science fair, where he met a young girl who used a prosthesis that cost $80,000.
He realized she would need a new prosthetic every few months to supplement her growth, which inspired him to incorporate 3D printers during production to supplement the cost. After interning at NASA in 2013 and doing speaking engagements (he even met former President Barack Obama, who shook his robotic hand), LaChappelle eventually met author/business strategist Tony Robbins, who gave him the initial starting capital to create Unlimited Tomorrow in 2014.