Fedora To Baylor as OC

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 18, 2010
Grundys OC’s appears to be in high demand. Georgia, Texas, Baylor and Rutgers. OCs should be lining up to come to OSU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably why he started hiring people nobody wanted.
Turns out hiring guys other teams are going to poach is still the better option.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Lives in cities you'll never see on screen
twitter.com
So, we could have hired Fedora, and opted for Kasey Dunn? Were other P5 teams looking to hire him as an OC??

I hope it works out, but this seems like a head scratcher.

Yurcich was a desperate hire by Texas and I will bet money he isn't the OC next season, because either he got fired or the whole staff was fired.
Gleeson got a Travis Ford deal, he's not a Power 5 Offensive Coordinator.

Fedora and Monken are legit coaches.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
So, we could have hired Fedora, and opted for Kasey Dunn? Were other P5 teams looking to hire him as an OC??

Yurcich was a desperate hire by Texas and I will bet money he isn't the OC next season, because either he got fired or the whole staff was fired.

Do you have info re: hiring Fedora, or just "he's unemployed & he coached here before, so he'd obviously come back & Gundy would obviously hire him"?

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
twitter.com
Do you have info re: hiring Fedora, or just "he's unemployed & he coached here before, so he'd obviously come back & Gundy would obviously hire him"?
Considering Larry Fedora's son Dillon played two seasons at Oklahoma State after Larry Fedora left, I would seem the two men respect each other.

It seems to me that Mike Gundy would rather feel he is the smartest offensive mind in the room than hire the best available offensive coordinator.

I feel Gundy sometimes errs in going for value in lieu of going for quality. While value is important, it's not the only metric. I suspect Gundy wants credit for building OCs and doesn't feel he will be valued for hiring a top notch OC.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Considering Larry Fedora's son Dillon played two seasons at Oklahoma State after Larry Fedora left, I would seem the two men respect each other.

It seems to me that Mike Gundy would rather feel he is the smartest offensive mind in the room than hire the best available offensive coordinator.

I feel Gundy sometimes errs in going for value in lieu of going for quality. While value is important, it's not the only metric. I suspect Gundy wants credit for building OCs and doesn't feel he will be valued for hiring a top notch OC.
Gotcha, so nothing but speculation.

Last edited:

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

It must be tiring going through life being so negative about so many things constantly.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
twitter.com
Gotcha, so nothing but speculation.
Speculation based on evidence. Mike Yurcich and Sean Gleeson were passive aggressive hires.

Fedora was a good OC, Holgorsen was good OC, Monken was a good OC.

When they left, they left for better jobs.

A good OC doesn't leave a P5 School to be a Quarterback Coach. Also Greg Schiano coached with Yurcich at Ohio State and had didn't bring him to Rutgers.

Sean Gleeson may be good. I doubt it, his pedigree isn't impressive, and I wasn't impressed with last season, although I will concede he had only one season and barrage of injuries. I also don't see leaving Oklahoma State for Rutgers as a lateral move, they are a lower program than us.

I am not aware of any other P5 schools lining up to hire Kasey Dunn as an OC. It makes me think Gundy is doing much of what he has done for the last six season's evidence.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Speculation based on evidence. Mike Yurcich and Sean Gleeson were passive aggressive hires.

Fedora was a good OC, Holgorsen was good OC, Monken was a good OC.

When they left, they left for better jobs.

A good OC doesn't leave a P5 School to be a Quarterback Coach. Also Greg Schiano coached with Yurcich at Ohio State and had didn't bring him to Rutgers.

Sean Gleeson may be good. I doubt it, his pedigree isn't impressive, and I wasn't impressed with last season, although I will concede he had only one season and barrage of injuries. I also don't see leaving Oklahoma State for Rutgers as a lateral move, they are a lower program than us.

I am not aware of any other P5 schools lining up to hire Kasey Dunn as an OC. It makes me think Gundy is doing much of what he has done for the last six season's evidence.

You can expound upon it all you want, it's still what I told you it was previously: your speculation.

Your speculation clearly fails miserably in taking into account people's reasons for the moves they may make & positions they may take.

Furthermore, you jump to conclusions to confirm your own speculation, based upon nothing. Your Schiano/Yurcich/Rutgers scenario is good for a chuckle. You frame it as 'Schiano didn't think Yurcich is good enough to be his OC at lowly Rutgers.' First of all, you have no idea what Schiano thinks of Yurcich or what their relationship was. Secondly, Yurchich got a better job at UT, so it kinda makes your 'he's not even good enough for Rugers!' theory look really stupid.

Lastly, your assumption that Gleeson just chose to leave says quite a bit.

There's apparently alot about prior relationships, geography & opportunity for advancement that you seem incapable of factoring into your conspiracy theories.

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
twitter.com
You can expound upon it all you want, it's still what I told you it was previously: your speculation.

Your speculation clearly fails miserably in taking into account people's reasons for the moves they may make & positions they may take.

Furthermore, you jump to conclusions to confirm your own speculation, based upon nothing. Your Schiano/Yurcich/Rutgers scenario is good for a chuckle. You frame it as 'Schiano didn't think Yurcich is good enough to be his OC at lowly Rutgers.' First of all, you have no idea what Schiano thinks of Yurcich or what their relationship was. Secondly, Yurchich got a better job at UT, so it kinda makes your 'he's not even good enough for Rugers!' theory look really stupid.

Lastly, your assumption that Gleeson just chose to leave says quite a bit.

There's apparently alot about prior relationships, geography & opportunity for advancement that you seem incapable of factoring into your conspiracy theories.
If a coach is looking to be successful, geography isn't a big problem. He was in Oklahoma, not Kazakhstan.
UT is a sinking ship and I will gladly make a wager that Yurcich is not the OC at Texas at the beginning of 2021. Feel free to name the stakes.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
If a coach is looking to be successful, geography isn't a big problem. He was in Oklahoma, not Kazakhstan.
UT is a sinking ship and I will gladly make a wager that Yurcich is not the OC at Texas at the beginning of 2021. Feel free to name the stakes.
Nobody said it was a problem, it's a consideration, & again, you have no clue what some of these guys' considerations & reasons are. You said so yourself.

And, just so I understand you here: Rutgers is a lowly program, but Yurcich would clearly be better if Schianno had hired him there, instead of him being hired in Austin?

Your logic is astounding.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

Yeah, right.
Gundy’s Goals.
1. Get credit for building OCs
Not #1. Winning games.

Do people actually think about what they post?

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

Yeah, right.
Gundy’s Goals.
1. Get credit for building OCs
Not #1. Winning games.

Do people actually think about what they post?