Favorite Beers

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I've had it. Good beer.
Interestingly, one of my beer enthusiast/home brewer buddies, was telling me about an article he read yesterday or today about the price of Yuengling declining due to the election. Can't remember the details or specifics, but he was jokingly suggesting that we could get a quality beer cheaper now.
I know there was a boycott. Not only has the CEO been anti- union, but he came out publicly in support of Trump. I saw some thing about a boycott on CNN recently.

Last edited:

ST2

Cowboy
Jul 9, 2012
My favorite beer may be one I haven't had yet. Yuengling.

My last name Orwig leads me to have an interest in Orwigsburg PA. Yes I am a direct descendant. Just 8 miles from Orwigsburg is Yuengling, the oldest brewery in North America. I have learned a bit about the history which dates back to 1829 and is still family owned. Peter Orwig, the founder of Orwigsburg, had some business interactions with the original Yuengling.

I like a good Micro brew and I love the story, but it is impossible to get these within a 1000 miles of Oklahoma. If anyone from back east is making a road trip and would pick some up for me, please let me know.

Good News! I just got back from a trip to Louisiana, and they now have Yuengling there. So it has jumped over the Mississippi, and may be making it's way westward. Maybe? Hopefully?

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Good News! I just got back from a trip to Louisiana, and they now have Yuengling there. So it has jumped over the Mississippi, and may be making it's way westward. Maybe? Hopefully?
You didn't go all Smokey and the Bandit and throw 400 cases in the car?

Oct 30, 2012
Do any of you guys know how the process works of shipping beer? Have a buddy out of state trying to ship me a beer that doesn’t reach Oklahoma. Thanks in advance for any info!