Favorite Beers

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
I'm sorry, but flavored (e.g., pumpkin, blueberry, chocolate, cherry, strawberry, etc.) beer is worse than flavored coffee. I'm a lager drinker and have never strayed very far from my roots. Rolling Rock is still good even under the AB banner, Yuengling, Heineken. And ice cold out of a bottle, can if necessary, and tap as a last resort.
Do you only drink beer from green bottles?

Feb 6, 2007
Ardmore, Ok.
Discovered this during a tour of New Belgium Brewery back in May. Is not sold in Oklahoma, but I did find some in Arkansas while trout fishing a few weeks ago. Fabulous beer.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Soooo it took me a couple days sleuthing, lotsa phone calls, and driving about halfway across OKC just to pick it up... BUT I found three six-packs of this stuff in stock somewhere and finally got to try it this past weekend after a couple hours of mowing and weed eating.

Maybe it was the dehydration... maybe it's because I'm a root beer fanboi... But, MY GAWD! This was quite possibly THE single greatest drink I have ever had. EVAR!

For those of you who don't like a "sweet" beer, or a "flavored" beer, then by all means, stay away... That way this stuff doesn't keep selling out as soon as it hits the liquor store floor. I want a constant supply of this stuff in my fridge! I'm in love. :love:

5.9% alcohol root beer that tastes just.like.a.damned.good.root.beer?!??! Yes please! :thumbup:

Oct 7, 2009
Chicago, IL West Loop
Found these today. Damn good. Knocked me on my ass though.

View attachment 39623
Surprised you found them! Bourbon County (brewed about 1.5 miles from house) is tough to find and it doesn't get out of Chicago much. There are lines on release day at liquor stores. Its still brewed on Fulton Street, the original Goose brewery. Their aging warehouse is across the street and uses barrels from Templeton Rye among others.

Jonkr06

Territorial Marshal
Aug 18, 2007
Katy, TX
Surprised you found them! Bourbon County (brewed about 1.5 miles from house) is tough to find and it doesn't get out of Chicago much. There are lines on release day at liquor stores. Its still brewed on Fulton Street, the original Goose brewery. Their aging warehouse is across the street and uses barrels from Templeton Rye among others.
No kidding. I couldn't believe it.

Pokit N

Cashing Checks & Snapping Necks!
A/V Subscriber
Sep 29, 2006
South Elgin, IL
I can't post a link b/c I'm at work but Revolution Brewing here is Chicago makes two of my favorites...

Anti-Hero IPA
&
Fist City APA

Love them both so hard!

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
I just found Lagunitas for sale in OKC... I've been wanting this to happen for almost 3 years now... Sean's on NW Expressway has it and now it's in my fridge!

TexasPete

Banned
Banned
Mar 21, 2009
Right smack dab in the middle of Texas
Soooo it took me a couple days sleuthing, lotsa phone calls, and driving about halfway across OKC just to pick it up... BUT I found three six-packs of this stuff in stock somewhere and finally got to try it this past weekend after a couple hours of mowing and weed eating.

Maybe it was the dehydration... maybe it's because I'm a root beer fanboi... But, MY GAWD! This was quite possibly THE single greatest drink I have ever had. EVAR!

For those of you who don't like a "sweet" beer, or a "flavored" beer, then by all means, stay away... That way this stuff doesn't keep selling out as soon as it hits the liquor store floor. I want a constant supply of this stuff in my fridge! I'm in love. :love:

5.9% alcohol root beer that tastes just.like.a.damned.good.root.beer?!??! Yes please! :thumbup:
That Root Beer is good stuff, especially after being outside when it's hot, goes down to easy and sneaks up on you to fast.
Think that's the one made by Pabst.

Redhawk

Rollin' bones at the Texaco
A/V Subscriber
Dec 5, 2011
Eufaula

Good light IPA. Took me a while to find any but worth it. If you're an IPA fan this one is pretty solid.