Favorite Beers

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Erick

Master in the art of Gemütlichkeit
Jun 11, 2006
Yukon, Oklahoma:
Enough with then negative waves! I know it's been done before, but we need it in the new booze forum.

Here are a few of my absolute favorite:
1. Franziskaner: The best Hefeweizen, great all year round, but best when warm.

1a Guinness: Give me the stuff with the white froth on the top! I can sing it's praises all day.

2. Fat Tire: Still love that perfect balance between toasted malts and mild hops.

3. Any Belgium Trappist Strong Ale. It's not in my pay scale to say which monks make better beer, but bless them all!

4. Paulener Oktoberfest: One of the originals.

5. Sam Adams Octoberfest: Great, fresh version of a the German Classic.

6. Stillwater Brewing Pumpkin Ale: Toasted malts and roasted pumpkin with just enough spices. Combined with the biscuit (victory) malts, it's like a slice of pumpkin pie.

7. Gordon Biersch Marzen & Hefeweizen: Both great beers from a brewery I am just getting familiar with. I love them because they are authentic but haven't been sitting for months. Sorta like drinking German beer in Germany!

Prosit! :cheers:

Carneyman14

I wanna be formal, but I'm here to party
A/V Subscriber
Oct 20, 2008
Minneapolis, MN.
1. Newcastle
2. Sam Adams Summer
3. Guinness (250 is awesome)
4. Hofbrau
5. McSorley's
6. Lowenbrau
7. Sam Adams Boston Ale
8. Killians Irish Red
9. Heineken
10. Modelo Especial

Padley

Wrangler
Oct 18, 2008
Tulsa
You guys certainly know your beer. I'm a much simpler man though. An ice cold Bud Light can is all I need to be happy. And on special occasions a Sol or Tsing Tao. mmmmmmmm, Bud Light. I'm thirsty now!

H2Orange

Sitting on the Group W bench
A/V Subscriber
Nov 17, 2007
Edmond
Enough with then negative waves! I know it's been done before, but we need it in the new booze forum.

Here are a few of my absolute favorite:
1. Franziskaner: The best Hefeweizen, great all year round, but best when warm.

1a Guinness: Give me the stuff with the white froth on the top! I can sing it's praises all day.

2. Fat Tire: Still love that perfect balance between toasted malts and mild hops.

3. Any Belgium Trappist Strong Ale. It's not in my pay scale to say which monks make better beer, but bless them all!

4. Paulener Oktoberfest: One of the originals.

5. Sam Adams Octoberfest: Great, fresh version of a the German Classic.

6. Stillwater Brewing Pumpkin Ale: Toasted malts and roasted pumpkin with just enough spices. Combined with the biscuit (victory) malts, it's like a slice of pumpkin pie.

7. Gordon Biersch Marzen & Hefeweizen: Both great beers from a brewery I am just getting familiar with. I love them because they are authentic but haven't been sitting for months. Sorta like drinking German beer in Germany!

Prosit! :cheers:

Sam Adams Octoberfest is one of my favorites. I have had several Pauleners this summer including Oktoberfest and the Munich Lager. I have seen Biersch at Brown's Bottle Shop so I may have to try some of those. Guinness and Fat Tire are also very good IMO.

Oct 25, 2008
Sheesh, let me tote out the regulars, I mean my favorites:

1. Hoegaarden
2. Shiner Bock
3. Yuengling
4. Amber bock
5. Sam Adams Summer Ale (on tap)

Every time I read these threads, I want to start brewing my own beer. :D

zachya

Scoopski Potatoes
A/V Subscriber
Dec 14, 2004
Silmaria
Shiner
Spaten Oktoberfest
Spaten Dopplebock Optimator
Newcastle
Warstiener

geez, how much longer til Oktoberfest??? :mad:

as an aside, a few years ago I had a sampler at a place called Tommyknockers up in Idaho Springs, Co (outside Denver a bit on I-70). Small little microbrew; lotsa different beers, and a good buffalo burger too.
Anyways, there were two memorable beers. One that finished with a moderate burst of blueberry. It was really good. Like poppin a small blueberry muffin in your mouth.
The other was one that, according to the info, was approaching 12% alcohol (dunno by weight/volume). This was the last of a dozen. Needless to say I don't remember what it tasted like, but it was DAMN good...:D

Nov 30, 2008
Tulsa, Ok
1. Anchor Steam (just a good smooth beer brewed in San Francisco)
2. Newcastle (very sophisticated beer but a little on the expensive side)
3. Choc (really like the Waving Wheat variety. Plus brewed in Oklahoma and I like Oklahoma stuff)
4. Hoegaarden (this beer grows on you)
5. Dos Equis (add lime after you mowed the lawn on a hot day and relax in the recliner beer)

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Picked up on Anchor Steam and Newcastle from the last favorite beer thread and now include them as some of my favorites.

Guinness - which I fell in love with in England about four years ago
Bass another great beer.

Yuengling - another beer I started drinking from the previous favorite beer thread.

Still need to try Fat Tire and Chamey??sp.

Jan 29, 2007
edmond
Liberty Ale
Great Divide--Denver Pale Ale (recently had it for the first time, an excellent beer. its a very soft ale, more English style pale ale than American)

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Picked up on Anchor Steam and Newcastle from the last favorite beer thread and now include them as some of my favorites.

Guinness - which I fell in love with in England about four years ago
Bass another great beer.

Yuengling - another beer I started drinking from the previous favorite beer thread.

Still need to try Fat Tire and Chamey??sp.
Bring your ass to a tailgate party, I've usually got a couple of Fat Tire's laying around.:D

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Bring your ass to a tailgate party, I've usually got a couple of Fat Tire's laying around.:D
This year I have already been working on a kitchen pass for a couple of games. One of my co.'s banks has some tickets they give to customers. I have been working on getting tickets to one or two games this year. It would be great to see some of the faces behind the posts. :cool:

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Yuengling- America's Oldest brewery and one of Americas best beers yet not very many people out here know of it mainly because their distribution channel is in the New Englandish states.

Shiner Bock- A little bit of South Texas- German heaven

Fat Tire- From the valley of beer (Fort Collins Area) the best and probably most popular of hand crafted goodness...New Belgium has several other awesome beers including their Sunshine Wheat.

New Castle - I love it on Tap but prefer others if it is bottled...

H2Orange

Sitting on the Group W bench
A/V Subscriber
Nov 17, 2007
Edmond
Liberty Ale
Great Divide--Denver Pale Ale (recently had it for the first time, an excellent beer. its a very soft ale, more English style pale ale than American)
I really like the DPA. The Great Divide IPA is very good and the Samarai is decent, though a bit on the mellow side.

therico

Ambassador to the East
A/V Subscriber
Sep 4, 2006
日本
I'll partially copy one of my previous posts

1) Leinenkugels Sunset Wheat (It might smell like Fruity Pebbles but it is AWESOME)
2) Asahi Super Dry (Japanese Beer, one of the reasons I decided to come back KOMPAI!!!)
3) Boulevard Wheat (When you live in KC for awhile, it becomes a part of you and you start to miss it when you leave)
4) Samuel Adams Winter Lager (The only reason it is this low is because it is seasonal)
5) Sapporo (another Japanese Beer)

Honorable Mention:
Bud Light Lime mixed with V8 (the only way to drink BLL and you get vitamins)
XX (with a lime)

Jun 25, 2009
Stillwater, OK
I just turned 21 this year so this is the first time I can buy beer at my leisure instead of depending on other people. I spent my summer trying a lot of different types just to broaden my horizons.

Sam Adams Boston Ale (Best beer I've ever had, but I'm in college and am use to drinking Bud Light)
Guinness Stout
Shiner Bock
Hoeggarden

Erick

Master in the art of Gemütlichkeit
Jun 11, 2006
Yukon, Oklahoma:
I just turned 21 this year so this is the first time I can buy beer at my leisure instead of depending on other people. I spent my summer trying a lot of different types just to broaden my horizons.

Sam Adams Boston Ale (Best beer I've ever had, but I'm in college and am use to drinking Bud Light)
Guinness Stout
Shiner Bock
Hoeggarden
Good for you to get out there and try different stuff!

I never understand why some people stay away from beers because they are "dark". Personally, I think it's racist.