Favorite Allie P Reynolds Stadium Memories

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 15, 2006
great stuff! Thanks! Billy G is one of my all time OSU favorites. Those teams were scrappy as hell back then........
Same here. Best tag-up in Cowboy history -- Billy scampers home on a short foul pop up behind 3B at Baylor Super Regional to send OSU to Omaha!

Feb 4, 2004
This post brings back a lot of memories. I was born right after Allie P opened and for basically my whole life it has been my favorite place to be.

I agree about Jordy going nuts in the regional and his domination of TCU that day being up there. Also a recent game in 2015 beating the team from Norman 24-2! Tim Arakawa had a homer but it was mostly hit after hit to dominate.

My favorite memory of Allie P has not been written yet. Hopefully, it will be when the Cowboys send this place out the right way with postseason baseball!

Last edited:

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
For me it was the the Mercer walkoff against TCU. But I’ll never forget my first game watching OSU put up over 30 runs on Nebraska like it was nothing. And it wasn’t errors or walks, as I recall anyway, just crushing everything the Huskers threw.

Oct 13, 2005
Newton, KS
But I’ll never forget my first game watching OSU put up over 30 runs on Nebraska like it was nothing. And it wasn’t errors or walks, as I recall anyway, just crushing everything the Huskers threw.
That was definitely one of the more memorable games I've attended due to the sheer amount of runs scored, not to mention duration without getting free baseball. We did have just a bit of help on one towering flyball to the outfield when the fielder lost the ball in the lights and took it on the dome. I know I was on the first base side, and I'm thinking it was the center fielder, but it may have been right.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
1984 or 1985 regional vs Wichita St. The bases were loaded with Pete stepping to the plate. They intentionally walked Inky and thus gave us an intentional run. Disappointing and awesome at the same time. Something that most every baseball fan throughout time will never see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I lived in North Knoblock apartments for two years. Quite literally right across the street. I remember walking back from class on a nice spring day, hearing a game going on and opening my door long enough to toss my backpack inside and walk across to the game.

One game, can't remember the specifics, one of our players played a different position each inning, played all 9 positions, closing out as the pitcher. That would've been 94ish, maybe somebody else can remember who that was.

Sep 10, 2010
Sachse, TX
I actually met my wife at Allie P. I suspect Holliday and Gasparino were on the field that day. Outside of that, my best memories were listening to the gap band in 1997. McNamara and Guiel were really fun to watch.

Mar 8, 2010
1984 or 1985 regional vs Wichita St. The bases were loaded with Pete stepping to the plate. They intentionally walked Inky and thus gave us an intentional run. Disappointing and awesome at the same time. Something that most every baseball fan throughout time will never see.

I think I remember that game. Didn't they walk Pete every at bat that day regardless of the situation. I recall their coach saying later that he wasn't going to let one guy beat them.

Jan 25, 2007
Rockwall, TX
OstatePokes said
But I’ll never forget my first game watching OSU put up over 30 runs on Nebraska like it was nothing. And it wasn’t errors or walks, as I recall anyway, just crushing everything the Huskers threw.

That was definitely one of the more memorable games I've attended due to the sheer amount of runs scored, not to mention duration without getting free baseball. We did have just a bit of help on one towering flyball to the outfield when the fielder lost the ball in the lights and took it on the dome. I know I was on the first base side, and I'm thinking it was the center fielder, but it may have been right.
Yes, that game also sticks out in my mind. Giving up 19 runs to Nebraska ... and them *losing* by 18.
37-19 final !

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

I think I remember that game. Didn't they walk Pete every at bat that day regardless of the situation. I recall their coach saying later that he wasn't going to let one guy beat them.

That’s the one.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I've been to a lot of games at Allie P. I'd have to say my favorite was the no hitter in Bedlam by Joe Giordanella back in '85. I'd never been to a no hitter in person before and it almost sounds boring until you experience one in person. Let's face it baseball can get a little slow at times, but this was the most intense full game of baseball I've ever watched.

Around the 5th inning a few people start mentioning it throughout the crowd. By the 6th the word has spread to everyone in the stadium. 7th inning every pitch the crowd is totally into it and going crazy on each strike, and you notice the crowd is actually growing as the word has filtered out (pre cell phone days). You start to believe it really could happen. Joe struck out the last batter and the place went nuts. Did I mention it was against OU?

I still have the ticket stub.

Oct 30, 2007
The very first Oklahoma State sporting event I ever attended was a baseball game at Allie P. My dad took me to the season opener back in my first year of little league. Josh Holliday was a player back then. I'm looking forward to the new stadium, but it's going to hurt to see the old one get torn down.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
The very first Oklahoma State sporting event I ever attended was a baseball game at Allie P. My dad took me to the season opener back in my first year of little league. Josh Holliday was a player back then. I'm looking forward to the new stadium, but it's going to hurt to see the old one get torn down.
Same except very early 80’s

Aug 16, 2012
All of these remind me of the scene in City Slickers where the three guys are sitting around the campfire explaining to the hottie why baseball is so important to their lives