Fauxcahontas on the war path!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
We'll see.

I think the douche bag will mop the floor with the commie, but, the douche bag got elected, so nothing is impossible.

If the commie is the nommie' that will make my poll choice easy, so there's that.
Yep. I just hated warren. She is a piece of shit.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
"I do think that there's a certain element of misogyny that is there. And some of it isn't really mean-spirited, it just isn't their experience," Pelosi said. She claimed that some people have "their own insecurities" that prevent them from voting for a woman.
Warren also pointed to sexism as a possible factor in the Democratic base essentially boiling down to two men. Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard is still in the race as the sole female candidate, but she has secured just one delegate in the primaries thus far after failing to qualify for the most recent debates.
At the same time, Pelosi said she believes that "the American people are ready" for a female president, and said she was surprised that the U.S. has a female speaker of the House before having a female president. Pelosi said she expected the general public to have been more ready than members of Congress to have a woman in charge.
"Every time I get introduced as the most powerful woman," she said, "I almost cry because I'm thinking I wish that were not true. I so wish that we had a woman president of the United States and we came very close to doing that."

Pokit N

Cashing Checks & Snapping Necks!
A/V Subscriber
Sep 29, 2006
South Elgin, IL
Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard is still in the race as the sole female candidate, but she has secured just one delegate in the primaries thus far after failing to qualify for the most recent debates
Technically, she qualified for the most recent debates but the rules were changed to keep her out...

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
"I do think that there's a certain element of misogyny that is there. And some of it isn't really mean-spirited, it just isn't their experience," Pelosi said. She claimed that some people have "their own insecurities" that prevent them from voting for a woman.
Warren also pointed to sexism as a possible factor in the Democratic base essentially boiling down to two men. Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard is still in the race as the sole female candidate, but she has secured just one delegate in the primaries thus far after failing to qualify for the most recent debates.
At the same time, Pelosi said she believes that "the American people are ready" for a female president, and said she was surprised that the U.S. has a female speaker of the House before having a female president. Pelosi said she expected the general public to have been more ready than members of Congress to have a woman in charge.
"Every time I get introduced as the most powerful woman," she said, "I almost cry because I'm thinking I wish that were not true. I so wish that we had a woman president of the United States and we came very close to doing that."
Sexism is responsible? Not possible. Republican's didn't cast those votes! MUST be something else.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Sexism is responsible? Not possible. Republican's didn't cast those votes! MUST be something else.

No, those votes were cast by her own party's misogynists. You know, the ones who nominated a female last cycle (election, not hers).
But I thought all this -ists and -phobes were Republican?! Democrats are the diverse and tolerant party! That's what they've been telling us for 4 years+!

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Obviously Republican sexists are to blame for Warren not being nominated. Somehow. People on the left don't need logic or facts (or even want them), just the narrative....and the narrative is Republicans are the sexist ones, not Dems.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Has she still not endorsed anyone? The longer she takes the more and more obvious it looks that she's not as progressive and Grass Roots as she was claiming to be... If she were on board with Bernie I don't think it'd be taking her this long to endorse him...

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
So if sexism is such a big problem, shouldn't she be endorsing the only woman still in the race? How on Earth can she do anything else after the statement she made.

Jul 22, 2011
Has she still not endorsed anyone? The longer she takes the more and more obvious it looks that she's not as progressive and Grass Roots as she was claiming to be... If she were on board with Bernie I don't think it'd be taking her this long to endorse him...

Something tells me it'll be Biden

1583521145028.png

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
MSNBC's Rachel Maddow pressed Warren about how people may feel about her dropping out, whether they were supporters or not.
"If Hillary Clinton can't win when she gets the nomination, and then you can't get the nomination, and neither can Kamala Harris and neither can Amy Klobuchar, and neither can Kirsten Gillibrand, I mean, I think part of what's going on today, is women are the country are like, 'OK, honestly, if it's not one going to be any of them, let's get real.' Is it just that it can't be woman ever?" Maddow asked. "Are we just going to run, you know, white men in their late seventies against each other, both parties, and that's all we can agree to do?"
Maddow said Warren dropping out felt like a "death knell" of having a woman president in "our" lifetimes.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
MSNBC's Rachel Maddow pressed Warren about how people may feel about her dropping out, whether they were supporters or not.
"If Hillary Clinton can't win when she gets the nomination, and then you can't get the nomination, and neither can Kamala Harris and neither can Amy Klobuchar, and neither can Kirsten Gillibrand, I mean, I think part of what's going on today, is women are the country are like, 'OK, honestly, if it's not one going to be any of them, let's get rreal.' Is it just that it can't be woman ever?" Maddow asked. "Are we just going to run, you know, white men in their late seventies against each other, both parties, and that's all we can agree to do?"
Maddow said Warren dropping out felt like a "death knell" of having a woman president in "our" lifetimes.
Let's see how the tune changes if someone like Nikki Hailey (sp?) runs in '24. I've never really cared if/when a woman becomes President, but now I really, really want it to be a Republican woman and within my lifetime. Purely for entertainment value.

Last edited:

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
"If Hillary Clinton can't win when she gets the nomination, and then you can't get the nomination, and neither can Kamala Harris and neither can Amy Klobuchar, and neither can Kirsten Gillibrand, I mean, I think part of what's going on today, is women are the country are like, 'OK, honestly, if it's not one going to be any of them, let's get real.' Is it just that it can't be woman ever?" Maddow asked. "Are we just going to run, you know, white men in their late seventies against each other, both parties, and that's all we can agree to do?"
Could it be that she’s an idiot that painted herself into a corner, then tried to escape but instead fell into the bucket of paint then spilled it everywhere then looked like a lying moron that stole a job someone else deserved and now blames men? The narcissism is unreal

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
Could it be that she’s an idiot that painted herself into a corner, then tried to escape but instead fell into the bucket of paint then spilled it everywhere then looked like a lying moron that stole a job someone else deserved and now blames men? The narcissism is unreal

That’s a lot to unravel. I had to read it several times.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
As a former journalist, the most obvious questions for Warren were: "How do you square that with Hillary Clinton receiving more votes than Trump in a general election?" "Given that this was a Democratic Primary, & you finished 3rd in your own state, again how do you explain that?" "Is the same party that got a black man elected as President, & nominated a woman following his terms, not ready for a woman to be President?"

But this interview wasn't really any interview, but rather just a couch to rest on & let someone lament their failed candidacy (a 2nd one nationally, btw) & talk about how the males within her own party somehow took her down.

Couldn't possibly have anything to do with her campaign, or her electability, nah.

As I've said for awhile now, Intersectionality's a beautiful thing when it's nut-cuttin' time.

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
As I've said for awhile now, Intersectionality's a beautiful thing when it's nut-cuttin' time.
It baffles me how they can square any of that, ever.

Maybe I’m just a small minded simple fuk, but some of the positions and planks of the extreme left just don’t go with some of the others.