Fauxcahontas on the war path!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Be my guest Mexico and India are lovely and welcoming, I suggest you go there and report back. I’ve been there done that, go enjoy report back. Sonora is close and very welcoming start there.
Good for you, but no thanks. I'm trying to stay on the Republican Health Care Plan -- DON'T GET SICK! Under that plan, you don't have to worry about a shortage of doctors. That problem is liable to be scarier than any new health care plan Democrats come op with.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2011
What's so scary about raising minimum wage? Nebraska's min. wage is $9, and its unemployment rate is lower than Oklahoma's. San Francisco, where the minimum wage is $15.59, also has a lower unemployment rate than Oklahoma. What is there to gain by making your state attractive for low pay companies to come to? More people on welfare.

Considering it's the truth how conservatives quite dearly hate labor unions, one would think they would love to see citizens united overturned so unions couldn't give to political campaigns any more.

If you want private health insurance companies in Medicare For All, then go with Medicare Advantage For All. That way, there won't be one size expected to fit all.
Free stuff sounds great until you find out what it costs.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
But nobody wants nuclear waste dumped in their state. Do you think people in the Oklahoma panhandle would want any of it?
Thorium produces less and is "metldown-proof." Its not perfect, but in order to meet the demand of today (not to mention tomorrow) - there is no way you can reliably do that with wind and solar alone. If you want carbon zero, LNG and coal aren't an option. Nuclear is the ONLY way to do reliable power generation at the scale required and be carbon neutral.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Thorium produces less and is "metldown-proof." Its not perfect, but in order to meet the demand of today (not to mention tomorrow) - there is no way you can reliably do that with wind and solar alone. If you want carbon zero, LNG and coal aren't an option. Nuclear is the ONLY way to do reliable power generation at the scale required and be carbon neutral.
Before we start doing that it might be nice if the electric utilities would take some of the billions in profits and fix the damn electric grid. It is ridiculous that electric coops have more reliable electricity than PSO and OGE

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
Banned
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
1573487276740.png

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
Before we start doing that it might be nice if the electric utilities would take some of the billions in profits and fix the damn electric grid. It is ridiculous that electric coops have more reliable electricity than PSO and OGE
Guess what? we can do more than one thing at a time! ;) but yeah. Totally agree. i live in on the north side of houston and our power delivery is like that of a third world nation. I have had lighting fixtures fail prematurely, and who knows what is going on with my electronic devices.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
But the big money behind the global warming movement is invested in wind and solar.

Patron

Wrangler
Oct 12, 2019
Dustin,ok
Eat more BEEF, reduce the herd and therefore the cattle FARTS which cause the global warming/global cooling/global wetting. Chow down hombres, Chow down.