Fat Guy's Big 12 Rankings after Week #5

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Fat Guy

Greenhorn
Aug 23, 2019
OKC
1. Oklahoma- Still looking impressive, October 12 will tell where this team is

2. Texas- Interesting game in Morgantown this weekend, Interested to see if they are looking ahead to next week

3. Oklahoma State- Hubbard is Dynamic, Defense played well vs KSU, Need to go take care of Tech before off week

4. Baylor- Almost blew 20 point lead vs Iowa State but pulled it out, big matchup Saturday vs K-State

5. Kansas State- Run D was exposed, Looked slow vs OSU, Get a chance to right the ship in a big matchup vs Baylor

6. Iowa State- 2nd tough loss this year, made a nice comeback, nice matchup with TCU Saturday

7. TCU- Whipped the Jayhawks this weekend, Looks like the freshman kid is the guy at QB, get ISU saturday

8. West Virginia- Coming off a bye week and host the Longhorns Saturday, have a chance to show how good they are

9. Texas Tech- Looked way overmatched against Oklahoma, may not be much better this weekend vs the Cowboys

10. Kansas- TCU D dominated them, will see how they respond with Oklahoma at home Saturday

Week 6 Games:

Baylor @ Kansas State- Very interesting matchup. I think the teams are similar in ways. I will be interested to see how the athletes for each team match up. Baylor doesn't run the ball like OSU, but I expect to see them try it more Saturday.

TCU @ Iowa State- Another interesting matchup. TCU has a chance to show that they have a good team, Iowa State can show that they are not as oversold as some think they are (Me in particular).

Texas @ West Virginia-
This is the Mountaineers' chance to show that they are improving. They catch a Texas team that may be looking ahead to Oklahoma next week.

Oklahoma State @ Texas Tech- Cowboys need to go to Lubbock and take care of business going into the bye week. A dominant first half, followed by a Chuba-gets-to-rest 2nd half would be great. Cowboys have played very well in Lubbock over the last decade or so.

Oklahoma @ Kansas- Oklahoma usually plays well in Lawrence; Kansas hopes that they are looking ahead to Texas.

#'s 1-3 are pretty solid to me, as are 9 & 10. Texas will have something to say about that next week vs Oklahoma, but the Sooners look dominant right now. Tech and Kansas are way behind.

#'s 4-7 are a crapshoot and West Virginia may be in that conversation, depending on what happens the next few weeks.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
1. Oklahoma- Still looking impressive, October 12 will tell where this team is

2. Texas- Interesting game in Morgantown this weekend, Interested to see if they are looking ahead to next week

3. Oklahoma State- Hubbard is Dynamic, Defense played well vs KSU, Need to go take care of Tech before off week

4. Baylor- Almost blew 20 point lead vs Iowa State but pulled it out, big matchup Saturday vs K-State

5. Kansas State- Run D was exposed, Looked slow vs OSU, Get a chance to right the ship in a big matchup vs Baylor

6. Iowa State- 2nd tough loss this year, made a nice comeback, nice matchup with TCU Saturday

7. TCU- Whipped the Jayhawks this weekend, Looks like the freshman kid is the guy at QB, get ISU saturday

8. West Virginia- Coming off a bye week and host the Longhorns Saturday, have a chance to show how good they are

9. Texas Tech- Looked way overmatched against Oklahoma, may not be much better this weekend vs the Cowboys

10. Kansas- TCU D dominated them, will see how they respond with Oklahoma at home Saturday

Week 6 Games:

Baylor @ Kansas State- Very interesting matchup. I think the teams are similar in ways. I will be interested to see how the athletes for each team match up. Baylor doesn't run the ball like OSU, but I expect to see them try it more Saturday.

TCU @ Iowa State- Another interesting matchup. TCU has a chance to show that they have a good team, Iowa State can show that they are not as oversold as some think they are (Me in particular).

Texas @ West Virginia- This is the Mountaineers' chance to show that they are improving. They catch a Texas team that may be looking ahead to Oklahoma next week.

Oklahoma State @ Texas Tech- Cowboys need to go to Lubbock and take care of business going into the bye week. A dominant first half, followed by a Chuba-gets-to-rest 2nd half would be great. Cowboys have played very well in Lubbock over the last decade or so.

Oklahoma @ Kansas- Oklahoma usually plays well in Lawrence; Kansas hopes that they are looking ahead to Texas.

#'s 1-3 are pretty solid to me, as are 9 & 10. Texas will have something to say about that next week vs Oklahoma, but the Sooners look dominant right now. Tech and Kansas are way behind.

#'s 4-7 are a crapshoot and West Virginia may be in that conversation, depending on what happens the next few weeks.
"West Virgina should be top 5 just because they burn their couches better than anyone." ~ @Nolaeer