Fat Guy's Big 12 Rankings after Week #3

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Fat Guy

Greenhorn
Aug 23, 2019
OKC
1. Oklahoma- Look really good, may not best tested until Texas week 7

2. Texas- Interested to see them in person Saturday, OSU has their number in Austin

3. Oklahoma State- Statement game Saturday, got to be more consistent

4. TCU- Dominated Purdue, Defense is for real, leaning on their rushing game and D

5. Kansas State- Big win Saturday, They are athletic and physical, Could be a slobber knocker in Stillwater week 5

6. Baylor- Not sure what to make of them yet, Look really athletic, Ready to see them vs Iowa State week 5

7. Iowa State- Really need to play well against ULM Saturday, Week 5 vs Baylor could be a telling game for them

8. West Virginia- Impressive at NC State, ran the ball really well, Want them to be more consistent before ranking them higher

9. Texas Tech- Not great at Arizona, Defense seems to have a heartbeat, See how they rebound in Norman Week 5

10. Kansas- That was not the same team from the first 2 weeks, game vs West Virginia could be a statement game

OU, Texas and OSU are the top 3 solidly. Kansas State and TCU are separating themselves from the bottom of the conference and could be flipped with no argument from me. 6-8 could be in any order as well. Have no idea about Baylor. I am not buying Iowa State and Kansas is too unpredictable to rank any higher.

Good weekend for the Big 12. K-State, TCU, Kansas, West Virginia and Oklahoma all with non conference wins over Power 5 schools, with 4 on the road. ( I know, UCLA shouldn't count).

Big 12 is the #2 conference in my opinion, behind the SEC. Big 10 has 2 Big Dogs (Ohio State, Wisc), 2 Wannabes (Michigan, Penn State) and a whole bunch of average to bad. Pac 12 is getting alot of love from the National Media (6 ranked teams? Please), but that will shake out in a few weeks. ACC is Clemson and that's It.

Looking forward to the game in Austin Saturday. I was there 2 years ago for the miracle INT and I am looking forward to going back down and cheering on another Cowboy W in Austin.

One again, feel free to share your thoughts and opinions.

tmcats

Wrangler
Feb 13, 2014
OU, Texas and OSU are the top 3 solidly. Kansas State and TCU are separating themselves from the bottom of the conference and could be flipped with no argument from me. 6-8 could be in any order as well. Have no idea about Baylor. I am not buying Iowa State and Kansas is too unpredictable to rank any higher.
Not sure how you can be so sure about Texas, perhaps, but certainly oSu. I'd say OU then Texas and a group of four in no particular order: oSu, TCU, Baylor and K-State.

Fat Guy

Greenhorn
Aug 23, 2019
OKC
Not sure how you can be so sure about Texas, perhaps, but certainly oSu. I'd say OU then Texas and a group of four in no particular order: oSu, TCU, Baylor and K-State.
I really cannot disagree with you much, these are just how I see the teams. The one guarantee is that the rankings will change throughout the season. The real proof will be what we see on the field.