Fat Guy's Big 12 Rankings after Week #2

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 30, 2007
I would say that the top 2 & bottom 2 are accurate, but the middle is tough to rank. I hope that we're good enough to challenge OU & Texas, but we won't really know for sure until we face some real competition. I have no idea how to rank Iowa State, Baylor, K-State, TCU, & Texas Tech.

We should have a better idea after this weekend, because several teams step up to face some real teams. I'm hoping that Iowa State, K-State, & TCU will have a good showing for the conference. I don't have much hope for Kansas & West Virginia.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Here is how I see the Big 12 so far: (These are my opinions and observations, so feel free to add yours)

1. Oklahoma- Hurts has been good so far, young WRs are scary, O-Line may be an issue, D is still suspect
Line isn’t an issue. Center is the only returning starter. You can’t gain 1,400 yards of offense with an issue at O-line. Gotta get the boys to gel.

D isn’t suspect either. The starting unit has allowed 17 points total through two games. And all of that was to Houston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
9. West Virginia- Looks like a long year in Morgantown, looked slow against Mizzou, O-Line couldn't run block or protect Kendall
Apparently they can’t run block at all. So far their longest run has been 9 yards in the first two games. They only have 64 yards of 56 rushes. WOOOOF! @Nolaeer wont like that.

Aug 31, 2004
Austin, TX
I would say that the top 2 & bottom 2 are accurate, but the middle is tough to rank. I hope that we're good enough to challenge OU & Texas, but we won't really know for sure until we face some real competition. I have no idea how to rank Iowa State, Baylor, K-State, TCU, & Texas Tech.

We should have a better idea after this weekend, because several teams step up to face some real teams. I'm hoping that Iowa State, K-State, & TCU will have a good showing for the conference. I don't have much hope for Kansas & West Virginia.
I really hope the Big12 steps it up this weekend. I feel like KSU and TCU will show up, and I think TT will light up Arizona in the nightcap.

Oct 30, 2007
Here is how I see the Big 12 so far: (These are my opinions and observations, so feel free to add yours)

1. Oklahoma- Hurts has been good so far, young WRs are scary, O-Line may be an issue, D is still suspect

2. Texas- D may keep them from being "back", how many games will they lose when they are favorites?

3. Oklahoma State- Chuba and Tylan are stars, Spencer will keep growing, D has got to get pressure on the QBs

4. Iowa State- Saturday vs Iowa will tell alot, I think they are over valued. lost quite a bit from last year

5. Baylor- Untested, but would not be surprised if they are 5-0 coming to Stillwater

6. Kansas State- Klieman knows what he is doing, Saturday will be telling for them as well, a win would be big for Conference

7. TCU- Another team with a Big game Saturday, Only have had one game, I trust Patterson, not sure about Delton

8. Texas Tech- Big game Saturday at Arizona, Not great competition but D has been solid

9. West Virginia- Looks like a long year in Morgantown, looked slow against Mizzou, O-Line couldn't run block or protect Kendall

10. Kansas- Long year again in Lawrence, could create a new perspective if they beat BC saturday

I think there is a big separation from#3 to #4. 4-8 are looking to be interchangeable and probably will shift positions as the year goes on. 9 & 10 are well behind them.
Saturday has some big non-conference games for the Big 12 vs Power 5 schools:

Oklahoma @ UCLA- Oklahoma should roll, they have been good on the road in recent years, but who knows
Iowa State vs Iowa- Leaning Hawkeyes, I don't see the Cyclones getting many points
Kansas State @ Mississippi State- Don't be surprised to see K-State win
TCU @ Purdue- How will Delton play? Will the Defense show up as well?
Texas Tech @ Arizona- If Tech's D really has improved, they should win
West Virginia vs NC State- Unless WV shows something we haven't seen, may be a long day in Morgantown.
Kansas @ Boston College- Long trip to Chesnut Hill
Well, unfortunately this is wrong. There is no separation for us from KSU and ISu. I think we look 4-5th right there with isu, KSU looks better. No idea yet on Baylor but they are in that mix as is Tcu. So, basically, 4-8 is a log jam right now with KSU ahead in 3rd. Have to somehow find a competent DC, KSU doing it with no better talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk