Fan vote: 2018 Biletnikoff

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
How does that Stanford guy already have 27% of the vote?!?!? Jeez. Is it Stanford people rushing to vote for him, or is he actually good?

Oct 30, 2007
Stanford has a very good computer science/engineering program.
So it's one bot doing all their voting?
They don't really need technology to stuff the ballot box. The site doesn't track IP addresses. All you have to do is clear your cookies and refresh the page to vote multiple times. A single person could vote thousands of time if they were so inclined.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
They don't really need technology to stuff the ballot box. The site doesn't track IP addresses. All you have to do is clear your cookies and refresh the page to vote multiple times. A single person could vote thousands of time if they were so inclined.
I'm out of my element here, but I think 1 bot can vote thousands of times in a minute.

Oct 30, 2007
I'm out of my element here, but I think 1 bot can vote thousands of times in a minute.
This is true. A decent computer program could boost a candidate to 99% of the vote within an hour. I just meant they're probably just stuffing the ballot box manually because their site makes it pretty simple to do so.