Faking Injuries in CFB - Good Commentary From Gundy

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I can see this causing some kids to refuse to come out even if they feel injured... possibly injuring themselves more because they should have come out at the first sign.

I can also see this backfiring big time with cramps causing us to lose several players on the deciding drive of a game. That would suck.

Apr 7, 2006
Love the idea. It would make guys think before going down. If it's a serious injury it won't matter and for small injuries guys either get off the field or sit out the possession which gets faking out of the game.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I can see this causing some kids to refuse to come out even if they feel injured... possibly injuring themselves more because they should have come out at the first sign.

I can also see this backfiring big time with cramps causing us to lose several players on the deciding drive of a game. That would suck.
It's not like they are being pulled out for the rest of the game. 2 options here: 1) they go down and stop the clock a bit, are pulled out, but then go right back in the next play. This usually occurs when they are faking it. 2) they go down, they are assessed quickly and taken off the field to minimize game stoppage and have to sit out the rest of the series.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK

Have we been watching different teams?.... Cramps don't really seem to be an issue for our guys...