Facilities/Construction Update

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 27, 2018
okc
Original plan was for an apartment complex but, financing fell through. Investors may have abandoned the property. City may just be cleaning up the mess.
OSU needs to buy that land up quick. I'm surprised they haven't jumped on it already. They could put surface parking all along Duck, trying to leave the main campus as free of surface parking as possible. Then, when needed, they can expand the campus out to Duck.

Plus, all that new parking would be great for athletic parking and tailgating.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
OSU needs to buy that land up quick. I'm surprised they haven't jumped on it already. They could put surface parking all along Duck, trying to leave the main campus as free of surface parking as possible. Then, when needed, they can expand the campus out to Duck.

Plus, all that new parking would be great for athletic parking and tailgating.
No more surface lots! Make it mixed use. Retail on the street, garage parking behind the building.

Jun 27, 2018
okc
Holder said in the interview about it recently that it is to be east of GIA, on the old football practice fields. This is a perfect spot as it can tie in with the wrestling hall of fame there.
I heard some years back that the wrestling hall of fame was looking to build a larger facility off campus. Don't know if that's true or not. But if they did, it would be great to connect the new wrestling facility to it. With the present wrestling sculpture design, it would be a great added connection to the new facility. Maybe, an all over sports museum in addition to the one in GIA.

Jun 27, 2018
okc
No more surface lots! Make it mixed use. Retail on the street, garage parking behind the building.
We are hurting for parking around campus. Surface parking at that location wouldn't be on the main campus directly and so wouldn't distract from the beauty of the campus. Plus, it would allow more surface parking to be taken away from main campus with the exception of handicap parking. Put a lot of landscaping in to make it nice. OSU needs to think of not just now but 50-75 years down the road. There are plenty of ugly buildings surrounding campus that can be torn down for retail.

Jan 1, 2011
Houston
We are hurting for parking around campus. Surface parking at that location wouldn't be on the main campus directly and so wouldn't distract from the beauty of the campus. Plus, it would allow more surface parking to be taken away from main campus with the exception of handicap parking. Put a lot of landscaping in to make it nice. OSU needs to think of not just now but 50-75 years down the road. There are plenty of ugly buildings surrounding campus that can be torn down for retail.
I'll say an amen to that!

May 29, 2006
www.seaoforange.com
I don’t know if it’s possible, but if a local Stillwater resident could snap some photos of the new construction/buildings/etc and post it here, it would be much appreciated!

I haven’t been able to get back for a game since 2012 (stationed overseas, etc) and would love to see some of the new things.

Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
I don’t know if it’s possible, but if a local Stillwater resident could snap some photos of the new construction/buildings/etc and post it here, it would be much appreciated!

I haven’t been able to get back for a game since 2012 (stationed overseas, etc) and would love to see some of the new things.
not photos... but OSU has an interactive map
https://geosys.okstate.edu/interactive-maps/

Aug 2, 2011
Apparently they are going to build a parking garage directly east of the Architecture building. I was hoping that area would become another academic building and maybe the future parking garage would be on the other side of the street near the catholic church. But I am overruled

Sep 4, 2006
Tulsa, OK
Apparently they are going to build a parking garage directly east of the Architecture building. I was hoping that area would become another academic building and maybe the future parking garage would be on the other side of the street near the catholic church. But I am overruled
Hate to be that guy, but that's a prime tailgating area. I'm sure they can make more money in the long term off a parking garage...but still...as someone that only makes it back to campus for football and basketball reasons...thats a bummer.