Facilities/Construction Update

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 11, 2004
Newkirk, Ok
Things I'd like to see:

When time comes, the old business building replaced with green space.
Gut the inside of Morrill Hall like they did Murray. It needs updating.
Replace Thatcher with a four story.
Remove the journalism building and add an addition to Willis for its place.
Tear down KD and Power Plant.
New iconic building where old power plant is.
Replace the Public information building.
I heard the area between the Noble Research Center and the power plant is a proposed location for a new Ag Hall.

Aug 16, 2012
I wonder if the school would ever consider building an underground metro system to ferry students/visitors around. Campus keeps on getting bigger and bigger and that bus system is eventually going to need to be replaced.
There is a bus system???? <Insert "how rough we had it in my day" anecdote here>

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
There is a bus system???? <Insert "how rough we had it in my day" anecdote here>
I remember the tunnel idea being floated in the early 90's, but it was fairly limited, like between the Library to Student Union or something along those lines.

The underground metro system will simply never happen, & it's not cost effective at all. There are underground steam tunnels all over campus to contend with.

Aug 10, 2004
Stillwater
Eventually, that's where the track will be. I think it's just a temporary space until that time. I could be wrong though.
What a waste of prime space to put a tailgating area.not to mention
all the concrete laid that will likely have to be torn up when something real is built.

oSuAusTex

Territorial Marshal
Jul 24, 2005
Stillwater
Don't think Head Coach Kenny Gajewski or the Cowgirl softball team members would be too happy if the outfield fence fans are unable to continue what started last season.

If you have not read the link, there is mention of this at the end of it. Keep the Fence People !!!! :thumbup:

Sep 4, 2006
Tulsa, OK
Looks like the houses on Knoblock, north of the Garage and Georges and South of Saint John's Parish all got knocked down recently. Anyone know whats going in their place? Looked like the entire lot got raised.

Parking lots/garages? Restaurant/bars? University buildings?

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Looks like the houses on Knoblock, north of the Garage and Georges and South of Saint John's Parish all got knocked down recently. Anyone know whats going in their place? Looked like the entire lot got raised.

Parking lots/garages? Restaurant/bars? University buildings?
Original plan was for an apartment complex but, financing fell through. Investors may have abandoned the property. City may just be cleaning up the mess.