Facilities/Construction Update

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 13, 2005
Snipped

One thing I really think would make that area over there look better is to add trees, landscaping, etc. in the planters along the ramps on the north and south side of the West Endzone. Some large oaks and some of the similar plantings they have by The Smith Training Center would be nice.
One reason the OU campus looks so lush, compared to ours is because
"Molly Boren has put much of her effort into supporting projects that enhance OU’s three campuses — from planting new gardens and 20,000 trees to installing benches, fountains and sculptures."
We have had quite a few large trees taken down and replaced with grass and seedling trees. As far as art sculptures, essentially nonexistent. Wish more was does than barrens lawns .... it's killer during hot days walking on campus.

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
Another option would be to find the sign, and hang it up high on the west end, inside the stadium, on game days. Can't find it because someone who lived in Cordell has it? Make a new one that is identical. Even if not for all home games, once a year at Homecoming would be a nice and appropriate gesture.
Now that we have a couple private christian schools in the conference, there's no way...

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Just saw this, thought it was worth mentioning:

http://www.stwnewspress.com/news/lo...cle_e2e75479-0f5a-5a5a-9919-22602d7a8f8a.html

The intersection at Sixth Avenue and Western Road is one of the busiest in Stillwater, as people pass through it to access the city's central corridor, Southwest neighborhoods and Oklahoma State University to the north.

It will soon look different thanks to a donation from resident Jon Patton.

City Manager Norman McNickle confirmed that Patton recently purchased a rental home on the northeast corner at auction and donated it to the city.

The house will be cleared to make way for low-maintenance landscaping and a large sign with ground lighting to welcome visitors.

Dec 24, 2007
Stillwater, OK
Just saw this, thought it was worth mentioning:

http://www.stwnewspress.com/news/lo...cle_e2e75479-0f5a-5a5a-9919-22602d7a8f8a.html

The intersection at Sixth Avenue and Western Road is one of the busiest in Stillwater, as people pass through it to access the city's central corridor, Southwest neighborhoods and Oklahoma State University to the north.

It will soon look different thanks to a donation from resident Jon Patton.

City Manager Norman McNickle confirmed that Patton recently purchased a rental home on the northeast corner at auction and donated it to the city.

The house will be cleared to make way for low-maintenance landscaping and a large sign with ground lighting to welcome visitors.
I'm hoping this will be home to the large granite sign they took out across the street when they added the turn lane several years ago. The large "Where Oklahoma Began" sign, I'm sure you all know what I'm referring to.

teibbor

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Jul 29, 2004
I'm hoping this will be home to the large granite sign they took out across the street when they added the turn lane several years ago. The large "Where Oklahoma Began" sign, I'm sure you all know what I'm referring to.
Capture.PNG

Sep 8, 2004
Chicagoland
Heard that the university has purchased the old Pi Kappa Alpha house. Anybody have any idea what could be going in there once the Pikes move to their new house?

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Trees grow better in Stillwater than they do in OKC (or Norman). We have a few people on campus who know their botany. I've always felt we under achieve in landscaping given how much potential our campus has.

Dec 24, 2007
Stillwater, OK
Heard that the university has purchased the old Pi Kappa Alpha house. Anybody have any idea what could be going in there once the Pikes move to their new house?
I believe the newest sorority is looking for a place to build and live (Alpha Xi Delta). However, rumor around Greek neighborhood is Greek parking garage :lol:

Dec 24, 2007
Stillwater, OK
I noticed last fall the Board of Regents approved work to commence on the new soccer facility. Has anyone heard an update about this project?
The last I heard we were to add nice bricked bleachers, locker rooms, concessions, restrooms on the west side of the current field, and a new fence around the facility, etc. Has this changed?

teibbor

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Jul 29, 2004
I noticed last fall the Board of Regents approved work to commence on the new soccer facility. Has anyone heard an update about this project?
The last I heard we were to add nice bricked bleachers, locker rooms, concessions, restrooms on the west side of the current field, and a new fence around the facility, etc. Has this changed?
I heard this construction has started

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
I believe the newest sorority is looking for a place to build and live (Alpha Xi Delta). However, rumor around Greek neighborhood is Greek parking garage :lol:
I hope we can build one that's the envy of Baylor because they really have the Taj Mahal of parking structures.
A parking structure that would be the envy of the collegiate world would be nice.
A wind powered parking garage that would be the highest building in Stillwater should do it. Name it Pickens-Kerr-Drummond-Wilham Family Parking Megaplex.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I hope we can build one that's the envy of Baylor because they really have the Taj Mahal of parking structures.
A parking structure that would be the envy of the collegiate world would be nice.
A wind powered parking garage that would be the highest building in Stillwater should do it. Name it Pickens-Kerr-Drummond-Wilham Family Parking Megaplex.
They'd close it for every event except football.