Explosions in Mass. 3 neighborhoods 70+ addresses involed

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 20, 2018
I don't understand how this could happen unless the lines feeding these houses had a sudden over-pressure event and blew gas all the way through the house meter and flow regulators for the appliances/HVAC systems, etc.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I don't understand how this could happen unless the lines feeding these houses had a sudden over-pressure event and blew gas all the way through the house meter and flow regulators for the appliances/HVAC systems, etc.
Per what I just read authorities have attributed this to a pressure event

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Same thing happened last year in Dallas. They blamed on deterioration of the cast iron piping by corrosion. Replaced several neighbor hoods with plastic pipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 20, 2018
Same thing happened last year in Dallas. They blamed on deterioration of the cast iron piping by corrosion. Replaced several neighbor hoods with plastic pipe.

I would want to see a printout of their service pressure. I bet someone opened the wrong valve and bypassed the pressure regulator.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

I would want to see a printout of their service pressure. I bet someone opened the wrong valve and bypassed the pressure regulator.
I don’t know all the details. Killed a young girl. People were without gas for weeks Atmos had to put them up in hotels.