Everybody be safe today

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Yikes. One of my wife's best friends lives off highway 51 in Sand springs and her whole neighborhood is about to get taken over by the Arkansas River. And more rain on the way.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Does anyone have a map of the area that would be affected if Keystone dam were to fail? I've been searching the web trying to find one ever since this flow increase started. Back in 2011 numerous articles were written about the condition of the dam and I was wondering (hopefully never to occur) what it would flood if it totally breached and failed.

I heard the flow right now is four times per second that of Niagara falls.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Does anyone have a map of the area that would be affected if Keystone dam were to fail? I've been searching the web trying to find one ever since this flow increase started. Back in 2011 numerous articles were written about the condition of the dam and I was wondering (hopefully never to occur) what it would flood if it totally breached and failed.

I heard the flow right now is four times per second that of Niagara falls.
Don't have a map, but man, that would be absolutely catastrophic.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Lets hope and pray that never happens but it would be horrible and I hope that the corps have fixed any issues with the dam as we don't need to skimp on those types of repairs but I don't trust the state of Oklahoma considering the condition of our roads and bridges.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Lets hope and pray that never happens but it would be horrible and I hope that the corps have fixed any issues with the dam as we don't need to skimp on those types of repairs but I don't trust the state of Oklahoma considering the condition of our roads and bridges.
Well it's not even necessarily about skimping it's about the amount of rain and the pressure on the system because just look at the spillway down south that burst about 2 weeks ago I think. Even then nobody thought it was going to bust.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Well it's not even necessarily about skimping it's about the amount of rain and the pressure on the system because just look at the spillway down south that burst about 2 weeks ago I think. Even then nobody thought it was going to bust.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
man that's scary...if it was to go that would take 10s of 1,000's of lives I would think. have to have a way to make sure it's sound.