Everybody be safe today

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Right. As mentioned yesterday... I would think that an area as impacted by these types of storms as central Oklahoma would rather err on the side of caution.
The only thing I was disappointed about yesterday was not getting to see Tinker move all the aircraft off base... That would have been a pretty awesome sight...

osupsycho

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Looks like there were 19 reported tornadoes last night, so those of you saying that it was much ado about nothing are pretty wrong. Fortunately the tornadoes didn't hit the most populated areas and it doesn't look like they did much damage.
And the tornado near Mangum is being rated as an EF5 with winds over 200 mph based on data from a doppler on wheels they had there. That hits a city and yesterday would have been one of those days that is remembered for how bad it was.

Last edited:

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Looks like there were 19 reported tornadoes last night, so those of you saying that it was much ado about nothing are pretty wrong. Fortunately the tornadoes didn't hit the most populated areas and it doesn't look like they did much damage.
And the tornado near Magnum is being rated as an EF5 with winds over 200 mph based on data from a doppler on wheels they had there. That hits a city and yesterday would have been one of those days that is remembered for how bad it was.
Mangum. Just saying.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
And the tornado near Mangum is being rated as an EF5 with winds over 200 mph based on data from a doppler on wheels they had there. That hits a city and yesterday would have been one of those days that is remembered for how bad it was.
Mangum. Just saying.

Magnum, OK...the town that's not as big as it thinks it is.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Something I did learn yesterday is that there's a community in western OK called Dead Women's Crossing... Named after an unsolved murder in 1905. Because, I mean, why would you name the town after the actual person? lol

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Something I did learn yesterday is that there's a community in western OK called Dead Women's Crossing... Named after an unsolved murder in 1905. Because, I mean, why would you name the town after the actual person? lol
If that's what I'm thinking of it's north of Weatherford and isn't even really a town for saying. Is that where it's at?

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
If that's what I'm thinking of it's north of Weatherford and isn't even really a town for saying. Is that where it's at?

Yeah, ish. And that's why I said "community" and not "town". lol. Wiki doesn't even have a population.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Carl Blackwell is up over 51 now? Am I reading this right?

https://twitter.com/okstatesafety/status/1130876433507729408?s=21
I'm thinking means that if you go in at the highway 51 entrance, the area about 1/2 a mile or so north after you go through the pay shack where the road has water on both sides is probably what's going to be underwater. Therefore pretty much cutting off access to all the main parts of the lake. Supposedly water is up 3 ft over the spillway. That's high.

osupsycho

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Great here we go again, NWS has issued a PDS Tornado watch for SW and central OK and there is already storms with spin forming. One near Lawton is expected to roll up I44 and get to OKC during rush hour.