Everybody be safe today

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I mocked the chicken little weathermen in another thread but it turns out the radar picked up this one funnel cloud in OKC

1558385673947.png

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I knew the weather predictions were a bit exaggerated but I was hoping life threatening forecasts would at least = a rained out baseball game in real life.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Reminds me of a day about 3 or 4 years ago when they called all the schools out because of extreme severe weather predictions and we didn't even get a drop of rain in OKC. I know we have a couple of EF-0 and EF-1 tornadoes out west right now, but they were saying 95% or better chance of EF-2 and larger, baseball and up sized hail, and flooding rains this morning.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Just got done running electricity into my cellar. Now have a light, fan, and radio. Couldn't get TV to pick anything up. Everyone take a quick video of the interior and exterior of your house with your phone. This will give you a video library of all of your belongings in case the unthinkable happens. If you have daily medication, take it with you. Stay safe and hope everyone avoids major damage or injuries.
Dude, why didn't you run an Ethernet line out there for internet?! If I had power and Ethernet in my shelter I wouldn't even be above ground today! Lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Forecast still says highest chance in Tulsa tonight between 8 and 12. I hope they are wrong, I like when they are wrong on stuff like this because seriously who wants the alternative. Still a lot of school officials are looking foolish today. I thought my friend was joking when he said OKC and Tulsa schools actually cancelled classes .....but I guess the threat of lawsuits is enough to do it, I might even make the same call in their shoes, I just know that it would've never happened when I was a kid. Anyway, here's to hoping we just get some loud thunder tonight and everybody stays safe.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Forecast still says highest chance in Tulsa tonight between 8 and 12. I hope they are wrong, I like when they are wrong on stuff like this because seriously who wants the alternative. Still a lot of school officials are looking foolish today. I thought my friend was joking when he said OKC and Tulsa schools actually cancelled classes .....but I guess the threat of lawsuits is enough to do it, I might even make the same call in their shoes, I just know that it would've never happened when I was a kid. Anyway, here's to hoping we just get some loud thunder tonight and everybody stays safe.
My sister works at OSU Tulsa and they called work for her all day today. She was like "I have no idea why they did that, but fine with me."

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
.....but I guess the threat of lawsuits is enough to do it, I might even make the same call in their shoes, I just know that it would've never happened when I was a kid. Anyway, here's to hoping we just get some loud thunder tonight and everybody stays safe.
Maybe that took place in the Moore incident, I hate the idea of anyone losing a kid but I don't know that the schools can be blamed for the weather as long as they made efforts to get the kids in the safest part of the structure.

osupsycho

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
A lot of the schools had extra days that were not going to get used anyway since it is the last week for many.
Also the tornadoes are just part of this as they just said OKC could still get 9 inches of rain overnight which would be horrible flooding.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Maybe that took place in the Moore incident, I hate the idea of anyone losing a kid but I don't know that the schools can be blamed for the weather as long as they made efforts to get the kids in the safest part of the structure.
I work with a guy that lost his daughter and their house in the Moore tornado. We were standing there in the same tornado shelter at work while all that was going on and he had no idea of the devastation he was about to face. That's tough to think about.

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I work with a guy that lost his daughter and their house in the Moore tornado. We were standing there in the same tornado shelter at work while all that was going on and he had no idea of the devastation he was about to face. That's tough to think about.
I can't imagine how that would be, and don't want to. I am dismissive of the overstated weather forecasts that happen but I don't want to be insensitive to the greatest loss anyone could experience.

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
A lot of the schools had extra days that were not going to get used anyway since it is the last week for many.
Also the tornadoes are just part of this as they just said OKC could still get 9 inches of rain overnight which would be horrible flooding.
Understood. I'm a little impatient also with employees who appear to be on the edge of a nervous breakdown when we have yet to receive enough rain to keep me from watering my lawn tomorrow. I'm done being a smart *** about this until at least the next storm. I promise.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
It is a little disconcerting to see people get as excited about a tornado and try to make excuses for the atmosphere. It sounds like a gooner football fan or something.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Understood. I'm a little impatient also with employees who appear to be on the edge of a nervous breakdown when we have yet to receive enough rain to keep me from watering my lawn tomorrow. I'm done being a smart *** about this until at least the next storm. I promise.
Unfortunately I'm borderline that employee but it's bc our work ROUTINELY let's us it about 20-30 minutes before big storms hit our plant. That's great, unless you live 20-30 minutes due west from the plant like I do... Giving us a 30 minute heads up from the plant puts me driving straight through it. If I'm going to beat it home, I have to leave an hour before it hits the plant. Luckily they decided to close out plant at 1:30 today which NEVER happens.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk