ESPNU Announcers = TCU Glee Club

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 16, 2007
Edmond
Watched the game last night from 6th inning on - and watching this entire game on ESPNU

WTF - who are these guys? and why are they such huge cheerleaders?

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Its no different than watching the Deano Network, they were acting like there was some question on if we should have won the evening game after they act like their kid is playing for the goon squad.

Sep 15, 2006
They were super Frog homers both nights ... like we had no business hitting TCU's awesome pitching. :thumbdown:

Takeout Slide

Hardcore Troubadour
Nov 10, 2009
Rounding third and heading for Omaha
It did get pretty excessive at times, particularly from the PBP guy. I'm not sure who he was, but I thought he was the worst offender by far. Cracked me up when he said on Friday that any avid fan of college baseball would be surprised to find out that OSU is one of the top 5 winningest programs of all time. I guess his defintion of "avid fan" is different than mine. Most avid fans are going to know that.

The color commentator is Mike Rooney, and that's just his style. He's a big time cheerleader for all of college baseball. If you remember back to the Clemson regional, I'm sure the Clemson fans were sick of how much he gushed all over OSU. He's one of my favorites because he's one of the few guys out there who knows college baseball history, and I heard him say a lot of good things to say over the weekend about OSU, our tradition and how hard this team played in those three games.

He was also very realistic about the team's challenges. We're razor thin on the pitching front due to injuries and reliability of certain arms. We're still very young across most of the lineup, and so, on paper at least, we had no business competing with a team that figured to have one of the top pitching staffs in the country and has been to the CWS four straight times.

Honestly, I'm hopeful that part of what clicked for this group is that they aren't going to win just because of the name on the front of their jersey. That they're going to have to show up and compete for every pitch and every at bat for 9 innings, and that when they do that, they can beat anybody (Texas/TCU) and if they don't they can lose to anybody (Eastern Michigan/UALR/Texas State). I hadn't seen that competitiveness 1-9 in a while, and it was such a welcome sign. TCU (and the game 1 ump) made things tough for our pitchers, but they battled; and the plate approach showed just how good this offense can be if they take what's given and not try to win the game on one swing.

On another note, that was an absolutely great baseball series. It was basically like watching a regional where it seemed like everything was on the line on every single pitch.

Nov 14, 2010
It did get pretty excessive at times, particularly from the PBP guy. I'm not sure who he was, but I thought he was the worst offender by far. Cracked me up when he said on Friday that any avid fan of college baseball would be surprised to find out that OSU is one of the top 5 winningest programs of all time. I guess his defintion of "avid fan" is different than mine. Most avid fans are going to know that.

The color commentator is Mike Rooney, and that's just his style. He's a big time cheerleader for all of college baseball. If you remember back to the Clemson regional, I'm sure the Clemson fans were sick of how much he gushed all over OSU. He's one of my favorites because he's one of the few guys out there who knows college baseball history, and I heard him say a lot of good things to say over the weekend about OSU, our tradition and how hard this team played in those three games.

He was also very realistic about the team's challenges. We're razor thin on the pitching front due to injuries and reliability of certain arms. We're still very young across most of the lineup, and so, on paper at least, we had no business competing with a team that figured to have one of the top pitching staffs in the country and has been to the CWS four straight times.

Honestly, I'm hopeful that part of what clicked for this group is that they aren't going to win just because of the name on the front of their jersey. That they're going to have to show up and compete for every pitch and every at bat for 9 innings, and that when they do that, they can beat anybody (Texas/TCU) and if they don't they can lose to anybody (Eastern Michigan/UALR/Texas State). I hadn't seen that competitiveness 1-9 in a while, and it was such a welcome sign. TCU (and the game 1 ump) made things tough for our pitchers, but they battled; and the plate approach showed just how good this offense can be if they take what's given and not try to win the game on one swing.

On another note, that was an absolutely great baseball series. It was basically like watching a regional where it seemed like everything was on the line on every single pitch.

Mike Rooney is great and did a great job this weekend.

He understood our lineup and why it has struggled.

He also understood and explained, that, if Littell gets going we are a different offense because he gives us that veteran experience around our young guy's.

He also understood our sophomore hitters and you could tell that he felt like we are a major threat if we get it going.

On the TCU front

They have earned all the praise they were getting. The praise they were giving only made what we did this weekend look that much more impressive.