ERIC CHURCH-CHIEF

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

PokeLady211

Territorial Marshal
Sep 2, 2009
Edmond

Im huge fan of Eric Church ever since his 1st album. His 3rd "Chief" comes out next week and I just heard some preview music. Great great great tailgating music!

Heres one I wanted to share called, "Jack Daniels"

OrangeCrush

Territorial Marshal
Oct 26, 2004
Gateway to the High Plains
Eric Church sings it like it is. He puts out down to earth country that is true to country roots. Him and other artists like Jamey Johnson are breaking the mold of the overplayed, worn out psuedo/poser/faux/wannabe country being generated by the likes of Jason Aldean.

PokeLady211

Territorial Marshal
Sep 2, 2009
Edmond
Eric Church sings it like it is. He puts out down to earth country that is true to country roots. Him and other artists like Jamey Johnson are breaking the mold of the overplayed, worn out psuedo/poser/faux/wannabe country being generated by the likes of Jason Aldean.
I could not agree more. Not only do I love his voice..but his lyrics are so true and I really connect with all his music. I dont think he has one bad song. Every album is amazing. This is true country music right here!

pokelahoman

Keeper of the Cursive Script
Aug 31, 2009
Edmond
One of my favorite concerts. He beats any of the big production shows. Does it purely on talent and is a great artist. I would really like to catch him again sometime if he ever comes through OKC.

OrangeCrush

Territorial Marshal
Oct 26, 2004
Gateway to the High Plains
I know he wrote that Love Your Love The Most song himself, but does he write most of his other tunes?

That's the one thing that turns me off the most about a lot of pop/rock in fused country music these days.

BUT. It doesn't stop me from singing How Bout You at karaoke, that's for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7-Bhw3wBRs
On his first album it lists him as the writer or cowriter of every song if I remember correctly.

pokelahoman

Keeper of the Cursive Script
Aug 31, 2009
Edmond
He does write at least most of his music if not all. In fact, he started as a song-writer I believe. I know he wrote The World Needs a Drink for Terri Clark, his version here is much better in my opinion. There are videos all over Youtube of him playing on the tailgate of his truck in Nashville to test out songs he has written.

scottishorangemen

Boo boo bus driver
A/V Subscriber
Nov 10, 2007
My Recliner
I own all his albums, great stuff. will buy the new one no questions asked.
I would love to see him tour with Zac Brown Band or some of the smaller red dirt guys that are still true to country and red dirt music.

PokeLady211

Territorial Marshal
Sep 2, 2009
Edmond
I own all his albums, great stuff. will buy the new one no questions asked.
I would love to see him tour with Zac Brown Band or some of the smaller red dirt guys that are still true to country and red dirt music.
no doubt! I already pre-ordered it hahaha. Here is the link to listen to his new stuff..ive been jammin to it all yesterday and this morning!

I love them all!

http://www.k102.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=104651&article=8851002