Encountering KSU superfan fan Robert Lipson

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

casdas

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Oct 14, 2004
Yukon, OK
Anyone else run into this guy on Saturday in Stillwater?

Before the game, I'm waiting on my friend to get out of the bathroom, and this little guy in KSU gear walks up and starts talking to me, while making no eye contact whatsoever.

"TheCowboyPalace TheCowboyPalace it's the nicest arena in the conference!"

I told him I hadn't been to very many of the arenas, several of the stadiums.

"The Cowboy Palace is the nicest arena in the conference! Next would be the Frank Erwin Center at the University of Texas. You should go to the game there next year" Still no eye contact. Kind of reminded me of Rainman.

Then, some other people in KSU gear came hustling up, wanting to take a photo with him, which he obliged. After that, he started saying something about maybe the Bears can beat the Jayhawks, go Bears, beat those Jayhawks!!

I was well on my way to my seat at that point. But today, I looked him up. His story is pretty cool. His 150th conference road football game was 2011 in Stillwater. He's been to an amazing number of KSU games.

OrangeForever

Member of the SAS
Dec 8, 2007
He used to come hang out with us when we were camping, back in the early through mid-2000s.

After we got over the initial "weird" factor of him just kind of hanging around the tents, he was actually a really interesting guy.

I wasn't aware of his story though. Thanks for sharing.

Cowboy2

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Nov 23, 2010
OKC
I thought this was about the K-State Mask, but alas... I was disappointed at first, but quickly got over that. His story is pretty neat.

kulanapan

Territorial Marshal
Nov 27, 2012
Dallas
cafehayek.com
He walked by our seats on the way to his. He told my friend "good luck in the tournament" in a very matter-of-fact tone, and he made very direct eye contact. Seemed like a nice guy though.

Did not see him this year, saw him last year though when we were standing inside on the concourse waiting for some friends. He just came up to us and started talking like we had been hanging out together all day. We went to the football game in Manhattan this past season, and as we were walking through the tailgates on the west side of the stadium, sure enough, we run into him. Our friends did not give him any food though.

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
I met him at the KSU basketball game in Manhatten last year. Interesting guy, even travels all over the country to baseball games, said he was planning a trip to Allie P Reynolds stadium that year because it was the only Big XII baseball stadium that he hadn't been to yet. True super fan and really nice guy.

My KSU friend I went to the game with said he drives to games in a little purple truck, I think it is a Nissan, that has to have about 300,000 miles on it.

ksupoke

We don't need no, thot kuntrol
A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
dark sarcasm in the classroom
Awesome guy went to almost every home baseball game and many away games, always knew he was there but not particularly loud. There have been coaches who for whatever reason discouraged players in various sports from 'encouraging' him. None of those coaches outlasted him and were typically ignored anyway.

OrangeForever

Member of the SAS
Dec 8, 2007
This guy is Micah if Micah had a car rather than a bike.
ProTip: If Micah sees you getting in your car when he's getting on his bike, your car becomes Micah's car and he'll do his damndest to fit his bike in the trunk his new two-door Honda Accord coupe.