Embarrassing and classless (Marcus Smart shoves Tech fan)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 7, 2010
Saratoga Springs, NY
I have no idea why Smart reacted the way he did. But if you watch the replay you can see the fan mouth "I'm sorry" before Smart went after him. Again, not defending him. But something went down that we couldn't see or hear.

Oct 16, 2005
Golden, Colorado
LOLOLOL WHAT DID I TELL YOU GUYS??? The Wheels were off a long time ago. Who the hell is still on this wagon and what is your reasoning other than meth?

My god!!! This is the most disappointing OSU team in history!!

Oct 8, 2010
Ford should be fired just for the fact he didn't send Smart to the locker room. He has no control of this team!

Nov 8, 2007
I am very disappointed. This is not the way I want the players representing my alma mater to act. I am afraid that this coaching staff can't properly discipline this team. I am disappointed, as I expected more of Coach Ford. I bleed orange, but I am not proud right now.

Apr 13, 2008
Yukon
Should have sent him immediately to the locker room. Classless act by Smart and poor decision by Ford to let him stay on the bench.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
It looked like Smart mouthed "racist" and the fan was gone by the end of the game. Makes me think the fan did something to get ejected too. Not that Smart should have pushed him, but this fan may have crossed a line. If he didn't, that's all the more pathetic on Smart.

PokeIncognito

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Aug 1, 2013
The look on the guy's face showed guilt and you can read his lips as they say "I'm sorry about that."

So maybe the woman or the man said something offensive to Smart and he lost his cool. Not a good look on him or OSU at all.

Oct 6, 2007
Piedmont, OK
I don't care if the fan said your mother wears combat boots, there is no excuse for what Smart did. He better hope the middle aged man he pushed doesn't file assault charges on him because the whole world saw it. His behavior when the game was over wasn't much better when he still wanted to fight.

Mar 21, 2005
Dallas
Doesn't matter what the fan said. It doesn't justify smarts reaction. Was the fan wrong? Absolutely. But a player can never lose his cool and shove a fan, especially when the game is still on the line