VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 27 37.0%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 7 9.6%

• Total voters
May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
I suppose it is pure, pure hate, as you put it...I was thinking about how we throw around the words love and hate...I think half the country loves Trump and half the country hates Trump...much like many presidents before....
I don’t throw around the word love or hate easily. If you think half the country hates Trump (you’re way too high on that by the way) then that speaks for itself. The only president that surpasses Trump on being hated by a large degree of the populace was Lincoln. Outside of those two, hate doesn’t fit the bill. Not even for a Nixon or Clinton.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I suppose it is pure, pure hate, as you put it...I was thinking about how we throw around the words love and hate...I think half the country loves Trump and half the country hates Trump...much like many presidents before....
I don't like the guy but I wouldn't say I hate him....I bet there are quiet a few people out there who feel the same.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Always nice when the sympathetic reporter helps you remember what you were talking about. Just watch her face. It is like she is reminding her grandpa of the ending to that story he always likes to tell again and again.

https://twitter.com/larryelder/status/1310179114809085958?s=20

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Based on this admission Biden would be the oldest person ever elected by about 150 years!

https://twitter.com/Not_the_Bee/status/1310027749768278023?s=20

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
I don’t throw around the word love or hate easily. If you think half the country hates Trump (you’re way too high on that by the way) then that speaks for itself. The only president that surpasses Trump on being hated by a large degree of the populace was Lincoln. Outside of those two, hate doesn’t fit the bill. Not even for a Nixon or Clinton.
Ok, Ok...approve/disapprove with job...50/50...better?!

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
what exactly do you mean here? asking for a friend...

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
Even while declaring losses, he has managed to enjoy a lavish lifestyle by taking tax deductions on what most people would consider personal expenses, including residences, aircraft and $70,000 in hairstyling for television.

I was wondered if he did his own hair...no wonder it looks so darn good...

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Ok, Ok...approve/disapprove with job...50/50...better?!
You have to remember that only half the country cares enough to vote. Half will vote for Trump and half won’t. Of the 25% that vote against him I doubt 100% of them “hates” someone they’ve never met.
what exactly do you mean here? asking for a friend...
I mean that if you have the impression that half the country hates the president then that probably means the current level of inexplicable hate is much higher than what is normally seen.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Even while declaring losses, he has managed to enjoy a lavish lifestyle by taking tax deductions on what most people would consider personal expenses, including residences, aircraft and $70,000 in hairstyling for television.

I was wondered if he did his own hair...no wonder it looks so darn good...
Shouldn’t it really come down to whether any laws are broken? Do you pay more taxes than you are legally obligated to?

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
TDS logic 101 on Trumps taxes:
-That person is driving 90 mph on the highway, how terrible, somebody should do something.
-Umm.....that's the speed limit. Some of us have been complaining about it for years.
-I don't care, that person is still wrong for doing it and should not be president....now if you'll excuse me I need to go vote for the person who helped set that speed limit at 90 in the first place.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
https://twitter.com/seungminkim/status/1310326823591571456?s=19
This may be true. Wouldn't surprise me a bit. At the same time you remember when Harry Reid said another Republican presidential contender didn't pay taxes and it turned out to be a flat out lie. When asked about it later Harry said "he didn't win the election did he?"

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
You have to remember that only half the country cares enough to vote. Half will vote for Trump and half won’t. Of the 25% that vote against him I doubt 100% of them “hates” someone they’ve never met.

I mean that if you have the impression that half the country hates the president then that probably means the current level of inexplicable hate is much higher than what is normally seen.
Why do you inexplicably keep using the word inexplicable? word of the week, new thesaurus app, just like the sound of it?
just curious

Mar 11, 2006
It shouldn’t matter how much he paid in income taxes during a single year. It should matter if he followed tax laws. If he legally avoided taxes under a tax code that he had nothing to do with, and after 8 years of a Obama/Biden administration, then focus of ire is misplaced.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
So I wonder why the FBI agents involved in the Flynn case decided to by liability insurance...

https://amgreatness.com/2020/09/24/...ught-liability-insurance-this-is-a-nightmare/
These FBI agents learned the investigation not about Russians but about getting rid of Trump. They learned the whole investigation was an illegal farce. They did not want to be held liable. They bought personal liability insurance to protect themselves. As this unfolds I am not sure how the FBI leadership can stay out of jail.