VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 9 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
I’ll say it loud and clear. Losing the US presidential election pays far more money than winning it. DJT has zero intention of leaving one penny on the table. Each state that he thinks he’s cheated on is a separate claim for followers and their donations. There’s funds raised to fight dominion, funds raised to fight Dems lawyers, funds for recounts, funds for the VP, funds for senate fights and it goes on and on. I’ve gotten 6 emails today from gop sponsors for a variety of needs and I got 7 from the Dems for the same fights. And it’s not even noon yet.

I’m still at a loss that Americans still haven’t seen the the mass of ignorance coming out of these two parties. Furthermore, it’s scary as hell that the people will still follow rnc/dnc at this point in US history. It just goes to show how inept our education system really is and the weakness in our own minds to resist this charade.

I guess we can look forward to sides flipping, and those that think they won something can now start calling out those that think they loss something.
I knew it.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-campaign-rnc-rake-in-207-5-million-since-election-day

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Ok...so this is Rudy G's star witness in Michigan voter fraud case.

Seriously ....is she drunk during this testimony!!??

She claims to have multiple degrees from the Univ of Michigan but the degrees she list on her Facebook Profile Michigan doesn't offer. Her social media is full of her in Trump 2020 gear and pics of here attending Trump rallys

It should be against the law to have any sort of proceeding like this while drunk. Just another example of how white trash this administration is. Although this probably isn’t as humorous as when Giuliani was seen on camera wiping his sweaty hair dye covered face with the same rag he blew his nose in seconds before. Or of the time they try to have a press conference at the four seasons, and ended up having a press conference next to an adult bookstore.

I mean seriously, how much more white trash can we get here?

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
It should be against the law to have any sort of proceeding like this while drunk. Just another example of how white trash this administration is. Although this probably isn’t as humorous as when Giuliani was seen on camera wiping his sweaty hair dye covered face with the same rag he blew his nose in seconds before. Or of the time they try to have a press conference at the four seasons, and ended up having a press conference next to an adult bookstore.

Some idiots even get elected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjG958lZ1KI

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN

It's not cool to make fun of someone's medical condition because of their political party.

In December 2009, Johnson revealed that he had been battling Hepatitis C (HCV) for over a decade, which resulted in slow speech and a tendency to regularly get "lost in thought in the middle of a discussion".[53]

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
It's not cool to make fun of someone's medical condition because of their political party.

In December 2009, Johnson revealed that he had been battling Hepatitis C (HCV) for over a decade, which resulted in slow speech and a tendency to regularly get "lost in thought in the middle of a discussion".[53]
In February 2010, Johnson successfully completed an experimental treatment for Hepatitis C, which resulted in restored mental acuity, weight gain and increased energy.

His statements were in March 2010.

Johnson’s office said the boss is simply a tremendous deadpan — and that he was using a facetious metaphor.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

Just comes to show how stupid voters are, they don’t care who they vote for, they only care about the party. And that is definitely not good for our country.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater

It's life in the Twilight Zone. To me, we've been lodged there not since the Pandemic started, but rather since the night Trump was elected.

Trump has said before, "Nobody knows what is up or down". I think he was mainly referring to himself and his highly devoted supporters. Loving and being highly devoted to Trump can do strange and insane things to one's mind. Hillary Clinton's supporters had an awfully hard time getting over her defeat. Now many Trump's supporters are finding out how that goes. After all, they thought Trump was one of the best presidents ever, maybe even better than Reagan. Surely some of them think historically, the defeat of Trump ranks little below than the death of Jesus Christ. A caller to the Alex Jones Show said he would die for Trump. That's life in the Twilight Zone. And so my first posting since over ban from last August for personally attacking someone for being pro-Trump.

Last edited:

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
In February 2010, Johnson successfully completed an experimental treatment for Hepatitis C, which resulted in restored mental acuity, weight gain and increased energy.

His statements were in March 2010.

Johnson’s office said the boss is simply a tremendous deadpan — and that he was using a facetious metaphor.
So are you sure he was on the sauce or maybe it was a reaction to him finishing up his treatments?

Either way, it really doesn't matter. The Trump administration is beyond idiocy right now. There is talk of removing Barr because he had the audacity to say his investigations into fringe conspiracy theories proved nothing. Republican governors who had the audacity to not undermine the will of their voters are being called out. The former national security advisor, who is a convicted felon, retweeted an alt right spokespersons call for Trump to declare martial law and have a new election. And you have someone testifying before the Michigan legislature who clearly has issues.

So all this is going on right now. It was funny looking at Pence for 4 years trying to defend this stuff with a straight face but word is he is trying to distance himself to save his hyde. Trump is supposed to make an appearance in Georgia and Republicans are concerned that he's going to go off target and hurt their message. There is a good chance his legacy is losing a gerrymandered house and senate in what 4 years ago was a deep red state.

And the best you got today for all that was a 10 year old video of a random congressmen having a medical issue.

Nov 6, 2010

Jesus Christ!!

Mar 11, 2006
So Warren can understand the value of people keeping more of their money to trigger economic growth. Yes!

Odd, that she supports it to cancel people’s responsibilities but doesnt support it to have people keep their own money their individually earned (tax cuts).

https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1334514364708237313?s=21

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
So Warren can understand the value of people keeping more of their money to trigger economic growth. Yes!

Odd, that she supports it to cancel people’s responsibilities but doesnt support it to have people keep their own money their individually earned (tax cuts).

https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1334514364708237313?s=21
Couple things about student loan forgiveness: It's a lot, it's about 1.4 trillion. But for some context, congress passed 4 trillion(new money basically) in covid relief this year and all i got was $1200. After too many years, i finally I paid off my student loan(this week in fact). But my debt when all this covid relief was passed was still about $5,000. I could have used that 5k for so many other things in my life this year. things that would have a larger impact on stimulating the economy than paying back uncle sam who owned my loan.

Another thing to consider, student loans is money already spent. So debt forgiveness wont require any additional spending or printing of money. Wiping away 1.4 trillion of student debt wouldnt cost anything. Yeah, the treasury would no longer be receiving loan payments and the interest associated with it. So that will be in a way, a cost in the billions per year. But consider that about half of borrowers are in deferment and make no payments. The default rate is about 10% (people over 270 days late) and right now less than 11% of people are even making payments. So I am not sure whatever income generated by student loan payments is even worth much. But freeing up debt would have a major impact for 43 million people.

The average student loan payment is $393 according to the collegeinvestor.com. So wiping that debt would free up, on average, $393 per month for many millions of people. So, immediate relief for millions who can use that money on other economy stimulating activities like buying a korean tv from best buy or the local italian restaurant that is at risk of closing down.

Mar 11, 2006
Couple things about student loan forgiveness: It's a lot, it's about 1.4 trillion. But for some context, congress passed 4 trillion(new money basically) in covid relief this year and all i got was $1200. After too many years, i finally I paid off my student loan(this week in fact). But my debt when all this covid relief was passed was still about $5,000. I could have used that 5k for so many other things in my life this year. things that would have a larger impact on stimulating the economy than paying back uncle sam who owned my loan.

Another thing to consider, student loans is money already spent. So debt forgiveness wont require any additional spending or printing of money. Wiping away 1.4 trillion of student debt wouldnt cost anything. Yeah, the treasury would no longer be receiving loan payments and the interest associated with it. So that will be in a way, a cost in the billions per year. But consider that about half of borrowers are in deferment and make no payments. The default rate is about 10% (people over 270 days late) and right now less than 11% of people are even making payments. So I am not sure whatever income generated by student loan payments is even worth much. But freeing up debt would have a major impact for 43 million people.

The average student loan payment is $393 according to the collegeinvestor.com. So wiping that debt would free up, on average, $393 per month for many millions of people. So, immediate relief for millions who can use that money on other economy stimulating activities like buying a korean tv from best buy or the local italian restaurant that is at risk of closing down.
Reducing taxes would also provide immediate relied for millions who can use that money on other economy stimulating activities. Plus reducing taxes provide relief so taxpayers can keep their own money. Versus student debt foregiveness which places a further burden on people who already pay the most taxes.

You state “wiping away $1.4 trillion of student debt wouldn’t cost anything”. Then you state that “in a way, a cost of billions per year”. I hope you realize that if student debt foregiveness passes that lawmakers will look to taxpayers to make up the lost revenue and raise taxes. Basically that means people without student debt are paying the debt of those that did not pay their obligations.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007

Let's be clear, it is not debt forgiveness, it's shifting the debt to other tax payers who didn't ask for the loan, maybe didn't even go to college, and to those who have already paid their student loan debt.

This is a classic example for not taking ownership of your own life decisions.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Reducing taxes would also provide immediate relied for millions who can use that money on other economy stimulating activities. Plus reducing taxes provide relief so taxpayers can keep their own money. Versus student debt foregiveness which places a further burden on people who already pay the most taxes.
True, but reducing taxes would have a much larger impact on US revenues (and our ability to pay debts) than student debt forgiveness would. 143 million tax payers, you give them all the same $393/mo in tax reduction (equal to the relief, on average, of student debt payers) would cost that would cost 674 billion/year. But with 43 million student loan borrowers paying an average of 393/mo, that's 17 billion a year. So, in my view, a loss in revenue of 17 billion is less impactful than a loss of revenue of 674 billion.

The only way to get out of this 27 trillion dollar massive debt we are under is through taxes and spending cuts. Just the interest payments alone are going to be around 500 billion per year. Student debt forgiveness places no burden on anyone, to be clear, that money was already spent. So, for me, for example, I just paid off my student loan, but a month ago i had money on the books that was given to me back in 2007. It takes, on average, 18 years to pay your student loans off. So much of the debt is very old.

You state “wiping away $1.4 trillion of student debt wouldn’t cost anything”. Then you state that “in a way, a cost of billions per year”. I hope you realize that if student debt foregiveness passes that lawmakers will look to taxpayers to make up the lost revenue and raise taxes. Basically that means people without student debt are paying the debt of those that did not pay their obligations.
The cost is nothing. It doesnt cost anything. The financial impact would be the loss of those payments from people who are currently making payments (only about 11% of borrowers are making payments during covid). Loss of revenue is 17 billion/year. (and much, much less during covid) Which is chump change to the treasury but would have a major impact on 43 million people whose average payments are averaging $393/month when deferments end.

None of this is easy. That's why we keep spending more and more and more and more and more and the debt goes up instead of down. Sometimes you make up for a shortcoming with taxes, and other times you cut spending. So, we could shave 17 billion off of the 4-5 trillion the govt spends to make it happen. But in reality, over the next decade, we will have to be making a lot of tough decisions if we want to actually chip away at the debt, because the deficit has been rising every year under this administration. the last time that happened was under bush sr.

Status
Not open for further replies.