VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 9 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
He is threatening to veto Military spending bill (that has passed without issue for 59 consecutive years) unless the law is changed where the ability for people to say bad things about him on Social Media are changed to hold the Social Media company responsible for it.

Biggest, dumbest ego on the planet. Censoring internet content like freaking China or something

He is apparently raging about #diaperdon trending on twitter. I mean, not everyone knows he wears diapers and has fake teeth, but spreading the word on twitter isnt helping his image. the image & legacy he cares deeply for.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
damn, I wish you would have told me this valuable information sooner...I didn't realize how good we had it under trump...
Tell us, how personally did you have it worse under Trump than you did Obama? How do you expect to have it better under Biden than under Trump. Forget the political theater and concentrate on getting up out of bed and dealing with the things that impact your daily life.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Tell us, how personally did you have it worse under Trump than you did Obama? How do you expect to have it better under Biden than under Trump. Forget the political theater and concentrate on getting up out of bed and dealing with the things that impact your daily life.
The Energy sector was really booming under Obama. It was crashing pre COVID under Trump.

He also moved a huge swath of federally protected land in Utah (Bears Ears) to be developed. I go there a handful of times a year for recreation that is being litigated because access is being affected. So I have had to donate some money for legal fund for that to stay open.

My Brother lost his job in solar market because of tariffs.

Jun 14, 2011
He is threatening to veto Military spending bill (that has passed without issue for 59 consecutive years) unless the law is changed where the ability for people to say bad things about him on Social Media are changed to hold the Social Media company responsible for it.

Biggest, dumbest ego on the planet. Censoring internet content like freaking China or something

Just FYI, I heard on NPR this morning that this bill has enough votes to overrule a veto.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Many trump supporters cannot understand how anyone could vote for the Biden/Harris ticket over trump/Pence...here's the flip side of that...many others cannot understand how anyone could vote for the trump/Pence ticket over Biden/Harris...
I cannot comprehend how people can still support trump, I honestly can't, I don't understand the fascination with this guy...just like you and others cannot comprehend how people don't want him as POTUS anymore...
For the record, I didn't vote for Biden JUST because I don't care for trump, but it certainly factored into my decision...hopefully for you trumpsters Biden/Harris won't screw up the US too badly...we got rid of trump before he did too much damage...
It's simple, Trump isn't/wasn't part of the Washington establishment that most of us (including you I suspect) have argued against.

Proof of this is the hate and lies directed at Trump by that very establishment. The Russian investigation was a complete hoax pushed by the Washington establishment. Did they find some people guilty of things, yes of course they did, they always do because they know if they cast the net wide enough they find things they can prosecute on. But notice others where there is evidence of the same crimes were never investigated. This is political theater so they can point to something and say "see, I told you so". It's not about justice or what's right or wrong, it's about political power (follow the money).

The question is why so many people vote for a continuation of the very thing they say they dislike.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
It's simple, Trump isn't/wasn't part of the Washington establishment that most of us (including you I suspect) have argued against.

Proof of this is the hate and lies directed at Trump by that very establishment. The Russian investigation was a complete hoax pushed by the Washington establishment. Did they find some people guilty of things, yes of course they did, they always do because they know if they cast the net wide enough they find things they can prosecute on. But notice others where there is evidence of the same crimes were never investigated. This is political theater so they can point to something and say "see, I told you so". It's not about justice or what's right or wrong, it's about political power (follow the money).

The question is why so many people vote for a continuation of the very thing they say they dislike.
I mean there was a pretty wide net cast for investigations into Hillary and Obama. Net convictions 0. So your talking points on that are pure garbage.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
The Energy sector was really booming under Obama. It was crashing pre COVID under Trump.

He also moved a huge swath of federally protected land in Utah (Bears Ears) to be developed. I go there a handful of times a year for recreation that is being litigated because access is being affected. So I have had to donate some money for legal fund for that to stay open.

My Brother lost his job in solar market because of tariffs.
So his job loss just HAS to be blamed on tariffs, because it certainly couldn’t be due to an emerging, higher risk market that puts employees at risk of their jobs. Solyndra says hello.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Sorry if some of us (in nearly every political walk of life) got tired of holding our noses for 4 years with this egotistical, selfish, distasteful, inarticulate, narcissistic waste of oxygen. All, and I literally mean ALL he had to do was be a decent human being and he would have wiped the floor with Biden but that would be just too painful to his monstrous ego...

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
All, and I literally mean ALL he had to do was be a decent human being and he would have wiped the floor with Biden but that would be just too painful to his monstrous ego...
You brilliantly summarized the liberal mind in a nutshell. Forget about tangible action and production that benefits the United States, it’s all about how he makes you feel. He sounds nice = vote for him. He sounds mean = don’t vote for him.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
You brilliantly summarized the liberal mind in a nutshell. Forget about tangible action and production that benefits the United States, it’s all about how he makes you feel. He sounds nice = vote for him. He sounds mean = don’t vote for him.
There's only so far that agreement with policy can take some people and Trump clearly went beyond that for a majority of Americans... He didn't even have to be nice guy, he just needed to not be an unbearable prick to anyone that even slightly disagreed with him or didn't think highly of him. He could have EASILY won by a landslide but his own actions turned liberals AND conservatives away from picking him for another 4 years.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Actually that guy's pretty right wing.

Are you ok with people saying Trump should declare martial law? That's crazy, right?

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
So his job loss just HAS to be blamed on tariffs, because it certainly couldn’t be due to an emerging, higher risk market that puts employees at risk of their jobs. Solyndra says hello.
The company had been around for 20+ years. When commodity prices go up 30% because of a tariff it killed a lot of their business. Overnight they were not competitive with foreign bidders.

FYI, your side was screaming about coal jobs endlessly. Should we just let them die cause it is high risk?

Coal Industry employs roughly 50,000 people. Solar is 300,000+ and growing.

Oct 7, 2008
Sorry if some of us (in nearly every political walk of life) got tired of holding our noses for 4 years with this egotistical, selfish, distasteful, inarticulate, narcissistic waste of oxygen. All, and I literally mean ALL he had to do was be a decent human being and he would have wiped the floor with Biden but that would be just too painful to his monstrous ego...
If he just would have put his ego aside and listened to doctors during Covid, provided one ounce of leadership instead of dividing and continuing with his conspiracy theory nonsense for the last 12 months, he would have won in a landslide and I wouldn't have even been upset about it. National tragedies are great for Presidents because all you have to do is act like a decent human and say some words to make people feel better about the situation. But the dude has zero shred of decency or ability to care about anyone other than himself, so he did the only thing he knows how to do which is divide and throw punches.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
I think it is more than just the liberal mindset. Hence why Trump lost the swing votes. Proof is in the pudding.

Nov 6, 2010
There's only so far that agreement with policy can take some people and Trump clearly went beyond that for a majority of Americans... He didn't even have to be nice guy, he just needed to not be an unbearable prick to anyone that even slightly disagreed with him or didn't think highly of him. He could have EASILY won by a landslide but his own actions turned liberals AND conservatives away from picking him for another 4 years.
Speaking only for myself, but I had voted 3rd party the previous two presidential elections because I detest party politics. Trump motivated me to vote for the democrat on the ticket this year.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Actually that guy's pretty right wing.

Are you ok with people saying Trump should declare martial law? That's crazy, right?
I didn’t make the comment assuming he is left wing or right wing, just that he summarized the liberal mindset well. Additionally, I think such an action would be moronic, but we need not worry about it because he would never do it. Keep in mind the source, some guy posting an unconfirmed manifesto from a General which wasn’t even a formal presentation to the President?

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
If he just would have put his ego aside and listened to doctors during Covid, provided one ounce of leadership instead of dividing and continuing with his conspiracy theory nonsense for the last 12 months, he would have won in a landslide and I wouldn't have even been upset about it. National tragedies are great for Presidents because all you have to do is act like a decent human and say some words to make people feel better about the situation. But the dude has zero shred of decency or ability to care about anyone other than himself, so he did the only thing he knows how to do which is divide and throw punches.
The national distaste for Trump was shown when he lost the presidency and the Republicans gain seats in the house and senate.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
I didn’t make the comment assuming he is left wing or right wing, just that he summarized the liberal mindset well. Additionally, I think such an action would be moronic, but we need not worry about it because he would never do it. Keep in mind the source, some guy posting an unconfirmed manifesto from a General which wasn’t even a formal presentation to the President?
We don't need to worry about Biden taking away guns or defunding the police because he would never do it. But that doesn't keep you guys from spouting it off 24/7.

On the other hand Trump has literally spouted off "Liberate XXXXXX" and has been pardoning people who committed crimes on his behalf.

Status
Not open for further replies.