VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 9 11.5%

• Total voters

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
All you need to do to lose arizona is $hit all over their favorite son, McCain. As for the rest, well, clearly biden is not nearly as disliked as clinton. if rump had acted like an actual leader who gave a $hit about Americans, he could have come out of covid looking good. All it really did though is expose the complete void of real leadership we have. And what's more, he'll be the laziest, get the least done lame duck we've ever had. I am not sure he's actually done anything for the United States and her people in months. Has he? seems like he's gotten tunnel vision and even after losing the election, it feels like he's lost all focus on his actual job.
Winner, winner, chicken dinner. All Trump had to do was show some respect for a POW, but instead we get: "He was a war hero because he was captured, I like people who weren't captured". Ouch.

If he doesn't make that statement, maybe AZ doesn't go as blue in 2020 and isn't called quite so early. The lack of a call along with winning Florida and Ohio and suddenly the cries of voter fraud drown out the election process - as was Trump's plan all along (based on his 2016 approach). It's kismet that the state of the man he mocked could very well have been the lynchpin to his downfall.

And all poetry aside...how does anyone that supports the military approve of a guy that says that? It's a deeply disturbing devotion that props up a man over the US military. I honestly never thought I'd see that in my lifetime that a mainstream candidate would be able to say something like that and get elected. I remember reading it in 2015 and thinking "well, he's toast". But the support to his ideology allows for all kinds of... let's be polite and call them 'miscues'. Shocking, to say the least.

Sep 22, 2011
How many of those were either older than 65 or had a pre-existing health condition? But yea, by all means let’s just tank the entire U.S. economy because a political group hell bent to take out a sitting President cannot focus on the most significant risks.
Right now Covid is the most significant risk, i cant help you if you cant see that. I am actually against lockdowns and mask mandates, but it would have been a very good thing to have taken covid seriously from the beginning and to have been much better (like every other world leader) at encouraging people to voluntarily wear masks and social distance. If trump would have come out early and said wear a mask and social distance he would have won the election.

also have we stopped caring about people over 65 or people with comorbidities?

UrbanCowboy1

Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
https://twitter.com/llinwood/status/1333788036815937537?s=21
Well that's exciting. So, a recount until they get the outcome they want?

You know what's funny? With all the demanded recounts, Trump has lost multiple times in the same states. He's now the 'loosingest' president we've ever had! I guess we DID get tired of all the winning!

UrbanCowboy1

Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
so you ask for the agenda...I give you examples...and your response is the agenda doesn't matter.

LOL. Man I'm sorry this time is so hard on you
He definitely didn't read any of it.

I want to say watching this meltdown has been fun, but honestly it's just horrifying from all angels. Republican's right now are crabs in a bucket. The party that I was always told that was for smaller government, less intervention, more freedom has been derailed by a billionaire who was jealous that Obama had better press than him.

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
Well that's exciting. So, a recount until they get the outcome they want?

You know what's funny? With all the demanded recounts, Trump has lost multiple times in the same states. He's now the 'loosingest' president we've ever had! I guess we DID get tired of all the winning!
They don’t want a recount, they want martial law and another election.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Trump got ONE term. With the help of Vlad Putin.
But America got serious about getting rid of him after four years of his bull hockey.
More people came out and vote vote against him than any candidate in history.

And I’ll guarantee you that the Trump administration’s roll out of the coronavirus vaccine will be a cluster f#%k. Much like everything else that he did in the last four years.But this disaster is coming to an end.
How soon are you predicting Biden has a new war started?

You think the roll out of the vaccine will be as bad as the roll out of the ACA? What a disaster that was.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
I want to say watching this meltdown has been fun, but honestly it's just horrifying from all angels.
Meltdown, man you should have been around for the meltdown 4 years ago here. It led to destruction, burning of property, looting, etc. Man it was crazzzzzy! And some of those people are still around.

UrbanCowboy1

Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
How many of those were either older than 65 or had a pre-existing health condition? But yea, by all means let’s just tank the entire U.S. economy because a political group hell bent to take out a sitting President cannot focus on the most significant risks.
Remind me again what it is you do for a living. Epidemiologist? Biologist? Virologist? Doctor? Nurse? Janitor at a minor emergency clinic? Remind me what special training you have that makes you a reputable source on how to handle a pandemic or why we should listen to a single word you say about it?

UrbanCowboy1

Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Meltdown, man you should have been around for the meltdown 4 years ago here. It led to destruction, burning of property, looting, etc. Man it was crazzzzzy! And some of those people are still around.
You know how fortune cookies are funnier when you say 'in bed' at the end of them? With you, I just add a 'but whatabout!' at the front of each post. It saves me the time of actually have to read them because I already know what the gist will be.

"Cim - but whatabout - arron"

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Here is the thing I think you are missing, we all know Biden is bad, he is a bought and paid for agent of Wall Street, the military industial complex and all if the rest of the oligarchs. His cabinet will be full of the smelliest swamp dwellers that can be dragged from k street and corporate boards. We know, voters knew, and they still said he was better than your guy. 2/3 of Biden Voters voted against trump not for Biden.
All the things many of you have been complaining about for years you just admitted voting for.

Do you understand that much of what you hear from Washington is "theater"? Do you recall all the issues the left had with Bush? (you should review that) And now all of a sudden it's as if they are all best friends. It's theater meant to guide your thought process.

What I know are results that I suspect you would be proud of it it were anyone but a Republican in office.

No new wars
Lower taxes
Historical low unemployment for minorities and women (outside of a world pandemic)
Lower deportations (Obama owns the high deportation records)
Better border security (the things Democrats used to beg for 30 years ago)
Fewer rules and regulations on businesses

Tell me are you excited about:

Getting back into wars?
Your taxes going up?
Increased border issues? (how soon do the marches start again now that Biden is promising them citizenship and money)
More rules and regulations on your life and business (Biden has already promised these things)

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
You know how fortune cookies are funnier when you say 'in bed' at the end of them? With you, I just add a 'but whatabout!' at the front of each post. It saves me the time of actually have to read them because I already know what the gist will be.

"Cim - but whatabout - arron"
Do you have any original thoughts?

Sep 22, 2011
All the things many of you have been complaining about for years you just admitted voting for.

Do you understand that much of what you hear from Washington is "theater"? Do you recall all the issues the left had with Bush? (you should review that) And now all of a sudden it's as if they are all best friends. It's theater meant to guide your thought process.

What I know are results that I suspect you would be proud of it it were anyone but a Republican in office.

No new wars
Lower taxes
Historical low unemployment for minorities and women (outside of a world pandemic)
Lower deportations (Obama owns the high deportation records)
Better border security (the things Democrats used to beg for 30 years ago)
Fewer rules and regulations on businesses

Tell me are you excited about:

Getting back into wars?
Your taxes going up?
Increased border issues? (how soon do the marches start again now that Biden is promising them citizenship and money)
More rules and regulations on your life and business (Biden has already promised these things)
We had this argument before the election, you refused to see the massive shift of old people and upper middle class suburban voters back then. You said that if biden won it would be because of a massive leftward shift in the electorate. Is that what you feel happened?

once again I acknowledge all of the reasons you gave why some voters would vote for Trump, and if the election happened last year he most likely would have won in a landslide. But people took everything you have said in favor of trump and against Biden and decided that the response to covid was so bad that none of the rest of it mattered.